Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Skyline Badging

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 12:50 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by cribbsjy
Actually, in the eyes of the goverment/law, the ^above is false. If you have a sex change operation, you are legally considering the sex you changed to.
It may be legally recognizable to change your gender on the birth certificate, however, MEDICALLY you can never fully change genders....you will ALWAYS have the chromosomes in your DNA you were born with (either x or y).

Moral: you maybe to change the outside or appearance, but you'll never change on the inside.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:10 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by cribbsjy
The JDM version of the car was called the Honda Integra. As of 2002, the USDM version of the car was called the Acura RSX. Wiki article

I read that and yes its the same as the Skyline deal

FYI, I live in the US not in Japan.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:20 PM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bluedevils95
A lot of hating in here.
Why is seeing something as ridiculous because it it is, called hating?
Old 11-04-2012, 12:04 PM
NISMOGreens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've worked as a salesman at a Nissan dealership for almost 8 years now. I bought a '12 G37xS sedan (my wife just had our first baby 3 weeks ago) about a month ago. Everytime I run into one of my clients around town they say "why didnt you buy a Nissan?"
I'm working on rebadging mine primarily to stop this from happening (most people wont look at it and immediately think that it's anything other than a Nissan they can come down and buy from me) Also I still wanna represent.
As far as whether they're the same car or not...well most of the drivetrain parts numbers are the same. No other car in the line does that except the Z. Versa's and Tiida's all different. Even the Cube's are different.
so with that in mind... does anyone know where I can get the badges I need? Just the Nissan emblems (im not going to put the "skyline" badge on it). Also the airbag cover, clock and kickplates? It would be extra sweet if anyone knew where to get the stereo climate ***** and the navigation wheel bezel as well (those bits are milled aluminum in JDM form. Super sexy!!)
Old 11-04-2012, 12:38 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by NISMOGreens
I've worked as a salesman at a Nissan dealership for almost 8 years now. I bought a '12 G37xS sedan (my wife just had our first baby 3 weeks ago) about a month ago. Everytime I run into one of my clients around town they say "why didnt you buy a Nissan?"
I'm working on rebadging mine primarily to stop this from happening (most people wont look at it and immediately think that it's anything other than a Nissan they can come down and buy from me) Also I still wanna represent.
As far as whether they're the same car or not...well most of the drivetrain parts numbers are the same. No other car in the line does that except the Z. Versa's and Tiida's all different. Even the Cube's are different.
so with that in mind... does anyone know where I can get the badges I need? Just the Nissan emblems (im not going to put the "skyline" badge on it). Also the airbag cover, clock and kickplates? It would be extra sweet if anyone knew where to get the stereo climate ***** and the navigation wheel bezel as well (those bits are milled aluminum in JDM form. Super sexy!!)
You can get the emblems on eBay. The rear emblem, you can just get any other Nissan emblem with a flat and adhesive back. You should check your parts dept. first.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:52 PM
NISMOGreens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Myk1013 I've got the rear handled (went with a '13 maxima rear emblem. Its the closest to the size of my OEM rear.) now I just need the front before I can put it on. Any ideas there?
Old 11-14-2012, 06:37 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Everytime I run into one of my clients around town they say "why didnt you buy a Nissan?"
I don't understand the issue, you bought an Infiniti which is a division of Nissan, it's not like you bought a Lexus.........

Hey I work at a Chevorlet dealer and I drive a GMC, guess I better rebage it so everyone will think I drive a Chevy! I don't but you get the point.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:55 PM
bluedevils95

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by dongfun
Pix please?
Old 11-15-2012, 12:26 AM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Thanks Myk1013 I've got the rear handled (went with a '13 maxima rear emblem. Its the closest to the size of my OEM rear.) now I just need the front before I can put it on. Any ideas there?
Who cares what other people think .... nothing like dumbing down your car. I'm proud of my Infiniti logos and would never take them off. The whole debadging thing I don't understand let alone put an inferior model on there.

Last edited by 2008G-Man; 11-15-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:01 AM
Alkatraz

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Lol at this whole thread. Why would anyone want to take the Infiniti badges off of their car??? Especially after some poor Nissan employee in Japan spent all that time sorting through different boxes, some marked Nissan, some marked Infiniti, pulling out the Infiniti ones and glueing them to the car.

I couldn't sleep at night knowing that the poor little Japanese man, that put the Skyline badges on my car, could be put out of a job!

Definitely some brand tragics on here who think that the G37 is somehow a more prestigious car than the 370GT.