Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Aero / IPL Rear Bumper Holes

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 04:55 PM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Aero / IPL Rear Bumper Holes

So I got my IPL rear today, all excited to install when I got off work... Open the box everything looks great, then I notice the reverse sensor holes.... So, I call my parts guy and let him know whats up and he says he doesn't see a different number to order the Non-Sensor bumper. I call James over at OC Infiniti and pretty much tells me he hasn't figured out the hole situation either. He said he got a few OBs in without holes but the rest came to him with holes. So does anyone know something that Infiniti does not? How I go about ordering non hole Aero/IPL rear bumpers? Im a Blue Slate K52, and right now I'm looking at getting plugs and having them painted to match so they look like sensors I guess. Because even at my cost the inner sensors at my cost are $125 each and $175 each for the outters of vice versa... either way, way too much money! Can someone help me out? I'd like for there to be no holes, but I can live with plugs... Just rather a non hole bumper in Blue Slate. Thanks guys!!!
Old 08-16-2012, 12:15 AM
Sinecure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you buy a painted bumper? If not, maybe have a body shop fill the holes before having them paint it?
Old 08-16-2012, 10:19 AM
TwoThree

Pre painted from Nissan. From all the research I've done with people that know about the IPL rears, it seems they can only get OB in without holes. So I'm getting my dummy sensors painted and it'll look perfect.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:52 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
I had liquid plat no holes. There is a way when ordering to indicate if the bumper has tech pkg or not. They are all available with or without holes. Went through this a year ago. So I am 100% sure.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:33 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by P Casey
I had liquid plat no holes. There is a way when ordering to indicate if the bumper has tech pkg or not. They are all available with or without holes. Went through this a year ago. So I am 100% sure.

Casey

Rear sensors are not part of the tech package. Or should I say, I have rear sensors, but not the tech package.
Its part of the Premium package, when tied to the Nav package.
\
Old 08-16-2012, 11:51 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by TVPostSound
Casey

Rear sensors are not part of the tech package. Or should I say, I have rear sensors, but not the tech package.
Its part of the Premium package, when tied to the Nav package.
\
That's what I meant. Lol
Old 08-16-2012, 12:22 PM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 271 Likes on 232 Posts
Saw your solution OP on the PM and looked pretty good to me.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:35 PM
DashKid
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I searched for this. I also have k52 and am looking for the aero rears without the holes.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-in...r-holes-4.html
Old 08-16-2012, 05:19 PM
TwoThree

Continuing this over on RDDLINEs thread. Didn't already know this has been discussed. Still isn't a definent solution yet. In process though. Calling our guy who is in charge of the warehouses and trying to get this sorted out since its an error occurring within the warehouse.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:18 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by TwoThree
So I got my IPL rear today, all excited to install when I got off work... Open the box everything looks great, then I notice the reverse sensor holes.... So, I call my parts guy and let him know whats up and he says he doesn't see a different number to order the Non-Sensor bumper. I call James over at OC Infiniti and pretty much tells me he hasn't figured out the hole situation either. He said he got a few OBs in without holes but the rest came to him with holes. So does anyone know something that Infiniti does not? How I go about ordering non hole Aero/IPL rear bumpers? Im a Blue Slate K52, and right now I'm looking at getting plugs and having them painted to match so they look like sensors I guess. Because even at my cost the inner sensors at my cost are $125 each and $175 each for the outters of vice versa... either way, way too much money! Can someone help me out? I'd like for there to be no holes, but I can live with plugs... Just rather a non hole bumper in Blue Slate. Thanks guys!!!

Funny thing.
James called me a while back, and said he ordered a BS without holes, and when he opened the box, it had an OB WITH holes. Thats when I ran down, and bought it.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:31 AM
j23a45m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have one without holes, I will be back home on Monday. I might finally install it also 0.o
Old 09-29-2012, 03:07 PM
TwoThree

Can you do me a huge favor and read me the number that's printed on the inside of the bumper, right under the license plate bracket/hole.

Should start with an 850
Old 10-01-2012, 07:08 PM
j23a45m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TwoThree
Can you do me a huge favor and read me the number that's printed on the inside of the bumper, right under the license plate bracket/hole.

Should start with an 850
wow i just seen this today after i finished installing it.
I have a friend that will be ordering one soon, I will do it for that one for sure,
Old 10-03-2012, 04:26 PM
TwoThree

It's still able to be seen if you have aftermarket exhaust. Just hard to see while under the car lol. I had to wipe it off with a cloth and use a flashlight to see the lettering.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:34 AM
Zod

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So has anyone figured out how to fix this hole situation? I'm in the same boat but with Sewell Infiniti from Texas. They also have no clue why bumpers are getting shipped out with holes. As stated up top, this is definitely a warehouse error and someone has been screwing up the orders.

Quick Reply: Aero / IPL Rear Bumper Holes