Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Batman Dark Knight Batarang Embelm

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 02:25 AM
Zeav Ott

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Batman Dark Knight Batarang Embelm

Hey all-
Just recently got an 09 G37xS, black on black. I'm going through some basic modifications (GT-R button, brakes, etc.)

Next step was getting the Batman Batarang and replacing the Mt. Fuji embelm on the back.
~~~~~~ UPDATE 8/23/2012 ~~~~~~
I partially went through with the project...

I made some add'l enhancements... I'll post tomorrow after I take pictures in the daytime.

Didn't like the way it looked by default. Took advise and painted the Batarang black:

Next step will be to remove the Mt. Figi logo only, paint all the letters black, except the "S" (leaving it Red) ... We'll see how that looks in the morning. Eventually when its all done, I'll post a DIY

Here are some pics:
https://plus.google.com/100084181243...ts/9F7Caqrxchf

This is what the entire thing looks like Plasti-Dipped

**UPDATE- 9/20** Plasti-Dipped the wheels to match the car.

** I should note this is only ONE coat... Once I finish the rest, it will look MUCH better, but I think I like the direction ***

Last edited by Zeav Ott; 09-20-2012 at 04:12 PM. Reason: uploaded pic
Old 08-08-2012, 03:38 AM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
I read this then checked my calendar, I figured it must be April 1st!
Old 08-08-2012, 05:19 AM
LegitMW

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
^LOL.

In all seriousness, you can use some thin 3M double sided tape or adhesive.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:40 AM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
What a great idea!

Can you please provide a link where i can purchase one of these please?

Omfg I'm so excited....I've been wanting to do this since I saw the first movie.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:16 AM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Seriously? Make sure you run to Pep Boys and slap some curb finders on too all while blasting Justin Bieber.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Zeav Ott

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
Seriously? Make sure you run to Pep Boys and slap some curb finders on too all while blasting Justin Bieber.
hahaha - I'm just a huge fan of that movie. Just wanted to do something different.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:23 AM
InfiniteSmoke

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Reminds me of this guy when I saw the batman logo,

http://www.ladometer.com/funny-videos/batman-batpod/

lol, freaking awesome. Got *****.

But, 3M tape would do. I wouldn't mount on the trunk tho. Try like the license plate or something to keep it clean??
Old 08-08-2012, 10:27 AM
hinomura

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Don't listen to the haters. I got swag on my car that people would consider "distasteful" (mainly Cowboys fans). I think that emblem is minimal and classy. If I didn't already theme my car out Redskins style, I'd do something along those lines. Like you were leaning, I would either paint it silver or chrome it to match the rest of the car. Then I would find other small subtle ways to add to it: valve stem covers, license number pun, bat symbol for interior lights, etc. Just don't go overboard and go as minimal as poss. Less is more.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:42 AM
Ralphie_S

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Why is everyone giving him a hard time about this mod? I think its great! The car has a batmobile-esque design anyways.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:58 AM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
It was his first post and this is something a 13yo would do. I really did think it was a joke or a troll. Guess not, rock on Zeav Ott with your mod. Your the only one that has to like it.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:28 PM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
I've seen corvettes do this also with the superman sign as well as the batman one. I think the look is pretty cool.

Last edited by quakerroatmeal; 08-08-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:43 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by hinomura
Don't listen to the haters. I got swag on my car that people would consider "distasteful" (mainly Cowboys fans). I think that emblem is minimal and classy. If I didn't already theme my car out Redskins style, I'd do something along those lines. Like you were leaning, I would either paint it silver or chrome it to match the rest of the car. Then I would find other small subtle ways to add to it: valve stem covers, license number pun, bat symbol for interior lights, etc. Just don't go overboard and go as minimal as poss. Less is more.

... pics of said Redskins theme???
Old 08-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Some of you may want to rethink the batman emblem and go for something more in-line with the spirit of this idea....

Hello Kitty Car Emblem Stick-On: Pink Dot in Accessories Car & Automotive at Sanrio

I think it matches better.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Only4theGnme

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Lol!
I knew the minute that I saw the Headline on the homepage that guys on this forum would have a field day with this!

I say, it's your car; if you do it, and it's what you want, and if you like it, more power to you! It takes strength of character to be different from the crowd. For me, if it looks good, then it looks good! I would love to see pics when it's done.

PS: I am a die hard Redskins fan! However, I would never drive a redskin themed car...that's just me. but I would love to see a pic of the above mentioned Redskins G! Please post pics!!
Old 08-08-2012, 02:05 PM
hinomura

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I've been meaning to post my car on here for a while, just been too lazy and also I was waiting for my license plate to get done before I posted pics. I didn't go crazy hardcore with my Redskins theme. I wanted something that looked minimal and classy, almost non-existent if you didn't pay attention. But if you looked a little bit deeper... you would see the connections.
RG37S - Imgur

Redskins Mods:
1. Redskins valve stem covers. (Also I had aftermarket lug nuts on an OEM wheel in one of the pics. I know, I know, it's dangerous. They have been removed and I have already gone back to stock lug nuts. )

2. I painted the calipers a metallic burgundy with a gold Akebono vinyl decal. As the brakes have been heat cycling the color has darkened slightly and now matches the old school 1940s Redskins jersey color. Perfect match to my Sammy Baugh jersey. Also wanted to say thanks to breftkaya (sp?) I believe he posted that caliper painting DIY thread. I pretty much followed it to a tee and they came out perfectly. Thanks for that. So far it's been a year and the brakes still looks as good as the day I painted them.

3. Chrome Redskins license plate frame, Redskins license plate screw covers, as well as vanity plate: RG37S.

Non-Redskins Mods:
R2C
Berk HFC
Stillen CBE
Eibach Sways and Lowering Springs
Most GTSpec bars.(All except 6pt and fender.)
Interior LEDS 6K
Headlights 8K & HID Fog light conversion kit 8K.
Line out converter to subwoofer install in trunk.

I just wanted to also say that I did every mod myself and with a friend except for the HFC. damn demon bolt. I just followed the DIYs on the forums. Don't remember every DIY creator but if you are out there, thanks. You saved me a ton of cash. All that's left for me is a tune when my warranty runs out, coilovers, and some rims.

Last edited by hinomura; 08-08-2012 at 02:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Batman Dark Knight Batarang Embelm