Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Help Turn Signal not Blinking

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 08:40 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
Turn Signal not Blinking

In a failed attempt to t-tap the driverside turn signal for my LED load resistor, i think i may of messed up somwhere. The driverside parking light will come on, however it wont blink. After removing the whole LED setup since I got frustrated with it and ended up reverting back to the normal blinker bulb, the bulb is not blinking still. It stays on if I have the headlights and parking lights on however upon directional, it wont blink. I checked the blinker wire, it seemed beat up from the t-tap so I cut it and re-connected hoping for a more clean connection, still nothing. This is very odd considering my passenger side works just fine, blinks normally however the driverside one will turn on but not blink. Does the sedan have separate fuses for the front blinker? At this point that is the only thing I haven't checked due to nightfall. And if so, where is the fusebox for it? I checker the one next to the pedals, that had nothing. The mini-fusebox in front of the batter had nothing either. I haven't checked the big one next to the battery however. Any help would be appreciated. I didn't fry the wires or anything did I?
Old 07-24-2012, 08:50 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
IF this is like every other car i've ever owned, the relay is attatched to the fuse box on the drivers side. should look like a silver thing popping out of the fuse box about the size of a quarter....may be square or round (ive seen both). they are just plug and play.

however, that's if you wanna mess with it. what i'd do is put the oem bulb back in, take it to the dealer and say it doesn't work. let them replace it under your warranty.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:06 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Mattster
IF this is like every other car I've ever owned, the relay is attached to the fuse box on the drivers side. should look like a silver thing popping out of the fuse box about the size of a quarter....may be square or round (I've seen both). they are just plug and play.

however, that's if you wanna mess with it. what I'd do is put the oem bulb back in, take it to the dealer and say it doesn't work. let them replace it under your warranty.
there is no fusebox on the driverside area unless you mean in the inside of the car next to the driverside pedals? dealership is out of the question at this point since I already spliced the wire following the t-tap debacle so im not sure they will cover this or not.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:08 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
@mattster, the new cars don't use a flasher anymore. There's something called a BCM that electronically controls the flashing (and most other functions).

To the OP, it's possible you fried something in the BCM that controls this flashing function.

Look at the EXL.PDF portion of the FSM.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:11 PM
Rad_Slinger

@mattster, the new cars don't use a flasher anymore. There's something called a BCM that electronically controls the flashing (and most other functions).
ya, i haven't even looked at something like that in any of my cars in quite some time....past expierence n all.

thanks, i didn't know this.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:14 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
^^Education is the key!! The fsm makes for some wonderful bathroom reading material
Old 07-24-2012, 09:26 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

yea it seems im going to have to check the BCM fuse box for the driverside relay..that could be the only reason why it isn't blinking..but strange enough it turns on with the headlights and parking lights..but just doesnt blink
Old 07-24-2012, 09:26 PM
Rad_Slinger

ya. and thank you for edemucating me.

i have the FSM, but i would never bring my ipad into the bathroom with me.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:45 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

guys help me out here, I can't find anywhere in the FSM (EXL file) that say's that the IPDM is where I will find the fuses and if so, is there a diagram that outlines which fuse is for what. Also I can't seem to see whether one fuse will take care of both or is it one per side seeing as only one side for me is flashing normal and the other isn't. My mind is all over the place right reading through the EXL and BCS sheets. Mind you my car is a 2012 sedan Argh!

Last edited by Goonz; 07-24-2012 at 11:04 PM.