Old 07-03-2012, 11:11 AM
DashKid
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How it looks without the lights on.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:31 PM
Wyldfyer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What's the longest that someone has owned iron man headlights? I'm wondering how long they last. I know LED's typically last longer but I dont know what kind of LED is used. If 1 LED blows, the entire set up is screwed lol.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:38 PM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Wyldfyer
What's the longest that someone has owned iron man headlights? I'm wondering how long they last. I know LED's typically last longer but I dont know what kind of LED is used. If 1 LED blows, the entire set up is screwed lol.
This is what i'm worried about it. For this reason, I would just consider the paint job and be done with it instead of having to futz around with several LEDs.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Shift

Does 180 have a warranty that comes with the Iron Mans when you buy them?
Old 07-03-2012, 05:08 PM
DashKid
Banned

Nope. If a LED goes it that particular one will only go out and I remember BREF telling me that they last for a while and if it goes out to give him a call.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:28 PM
Wyldfyer

Originally Posted by DashKid
Nope. If a LED goes it that particular one will only go out and I remember BREF telling me that they last for a while and if it goes out to give him a call.
No I wasn't saying that it would cause all of them to go. I'm just saying that your whole set-up would be screwed because now you have 1 light out, messing up the look.

BTW your car looks SICK all blacked out like that.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:43 AM
Coprolite

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Part of modding is not minding that you are basically voiding your warranty on that part and accepting that you are responsible to fix it. LEDs in general are quite reliable and low tech. That being said, I have a whole new taillight because one was out from the factory.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You can always add a on off switch to the LEDs to prolong the life of the LEDs. Like when you have the headlights on leave the LEDs off and only use them with your parking lights. That way the heat generate by the headlight bulbs don't affect them. Sometimes LEDs are a hit and miss kinda thing but so far the LEDs Bref and I use are the same kind and they have absolutely no issues with heat. Only time will tell.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Shift

Originally Posted by Weiboy718
You can always add a on off switch to the LEDs to prolong the life of the LEDs. Like when you have the headlights on leave the LEDs off and only use them with your parking lights. That way the heat generate by the headlight bulbs don't affect them. Sometimes LEDs are a hit and miss kinda thing but so far the LEDs Bref and I use are the same kind and they have absolutely no issues with heat. Only time will tell.
I was thinking that it would be better to just get an on/off switch but where would you put it and which kind?
Old 07-04-2012, 11:13 AM
bluedevils95

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
I hear this takes only ten hours. Might be worth waiting.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:51 AM
DashKid
Banned

No I wasn't saying that it would cause all of them to go. I'm just saying that your whole set-up would be screwed because now you have 1 light out, messing up the look.

BTW your car looks SICK all blacked out like that.
Thanks. I really didn't like the chrome grill and emblems so I had my painter just black out everything. =).

And yes the process only takes about 8-10 hours but I would most likely give him about a day or two so that he can do it right and test for any problems.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:03 PM
Wyldfyer

Originally Posted by Coprolite
Part of modding is not minding that you are basically voiding your warranty on that part and accepting that you are responsible to fix it. LEDs in general are quite reliable and low tech. That being said, I have a whole new taillight because one was out from the factory.
Not sure the part about "accepting that you are responsible to fix it." is valid if you send the lights out to someone else to mod.

Time will tell. I'm definitely going to get it done at some point. I'll probably grab another pair to keep stock.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:58 PM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
As for a switch...

Name:  4dae693d.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  233.4 KB

The ring actually lights up on mine. You can different colors, mines blue. I'll try to get a picture at night.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Shift
I was thinking that it would be better to just get an on/off switch but where would you put it and which kind?
pretty much any kind of toggle switch will work. the most common placement for the switch would be on the blanks either between the heater seat switch or next to your trunk release.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:45 PM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Weiboy is King

Quick Reply: iron man headlights ???