Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 10:47 AM
AceJack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fog Light problems

Hey guys here's the situation...

I was replacing my fog lights with these LEDs:

96 SMD HID Xenon White H11 H8 H9 LED Driving Lamps Fog Lights Bulbs

and once I plugged them in they didn't work. I double checked all the wiring and it looked fine, so I'm not sure what the problem is here. Any thoughts?

My other problem is this. I plugged the regular halogen bulbs back in for the time being and they don't work. The regular headlights work fine still. I have H11 bulbs for the IPL bumper. I feel like a blew a fuse, if so where is the fuse box and fuse to replace? Any thoughts?

If the LEDs were the problem, any other alternatives to getting rid of that horrible orange/yellow bulb? Do you think I could get a refund if the bulbs are faulty? I emailed iJDMToy as well and they said everything should work fine...

Thanks for the help!
Old 06-27-2012, 11:17 AM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
once you find the fuse for it, just replace it with the same one. read your manual on where the fuse box is. usually multiple locations. I assume on the side of the dash on the driver side and under the hood somewhere also. LED should work fine. If you touched the socket with anything metal, it may have blown the fuse. the horrible orange/yellow bulb you speak of is actually functional. if you ever run into fog, the xenon white LED won't be any help to you. if you want function over form, get some 3000k yellow bulbs.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:21 AM
AceJack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^suggestion for where to buy a quantity HID conversion kit? I'm not too confident with iJDMToy anymore...
Old 06-27-2012, 11:54 AM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
I don't have any recommendations. I haven't bought a HID kit. But I never had a bad experience with ijdmtoy. they are local to me also, so I've been to the store. customer service is great, and no issues with their products so far. but search for a slim hid kit online and you will see tons. order from amazon or something.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
IPDM Fuse box is located beside the battery. You gotta remove all adjacent panels to get to it. Dont be confused for that tiny fuse box you see once you open the battery cover because that is not it.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:51 PM
hinomura

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by AceJack
^suggestion for where to buy a quantity HID conversion kit? I'm not too confident with iJDMToy anymore...
I went with Diode Dynamics and it was pretty straight forward and simple for the install which I did myself. Not a bad price either. The bulbs are BRIGHT. I got 8K headlight bulbs and 8K foglight bulbs and while the headlight bulbs are plenty bright, the foglights are actually brighter O_o.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:34 PM
jon23

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AceJack
If you can get your hands on authentic MTEC hid kits, go for it. They are great, good quality parts. Believe it or not, I found mine from a seller on EBay and have had them on my Camry since 07 with no problems whatsoever. They are a little pricey, but we know we get what we pay for... Mine were about $360.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:42 PM
EnviedG35

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts
Go over to retrofitsource.com and buy a morimoto kit. They cost a bit more, but I will never use any other brand of hid products. My previous kit fired up the first time, every time for 2 years. I just bought a new kit due to the other one being damaged in an accident and its just as good. A friend of mine is running 3 morimoto kits in his truck...yes 3 kits....and has never had a single problem for over a year.