Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Steering Wheel Position Setting + Seat?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 05:55 PM
shanezam203

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Steering Wheel Position Setting + Seat?

I have an 08 g37s and I'm curious if I can set my steering wheel and seat to a certain location when the car is off (like my rental g35 did). I know I have buttons 1 and 2, and I can move the seat + steering wheel around, can it be set for both #'s but also another position when the car is turned Off?

Thanks,

Shane
Old 06-14-2012, 08:27 PM
dallasbeaner

Originally Posted by shanezam203
I have an 08 g37s and I'm curious if I can set my steering wheel and seat to a certain location when the car is off (like my rental g35 did). I know I have buttons 1 and 2, and I can move the seat + steering wheel around, can it be set for both #'s but also another position when the car is turned Off?

Thanks,

Shane
That option I think it was only in the sedans.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:16 AM
shanezam203

Originally Posted by dallasbeaner
That option I think it was only in the sedans.
I really liked it in my Rental. Can anyone confirm it is not an option on my 08 g37s?
Old 06-15-2012, 11:21 AM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
nope, not an option for the coupes. What you can do is use #1 for your normal driving position and use #2 for your at rest position but you would need to press #2 before turning the car off. And/or work out some combination programmed to your key.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:23 AM
OB G

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I have a 2011 and it doesn't even do it so I doubt the 2008 models can...
Old 06-15-2012, 11:32 AM
MPax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a way to trigger a seat position to the unlock button. If you program #1 as your "drive" position and your #2 as your "exit" position, then each time you unlock the doors the car will set to #2 for exit/entry.
If you have your door locks set up to unlock with "P" then your seat should move at that time as well.
The owners manual has this all spelled out for you if you still have it.
Hope this helps.
(Had my '09 1 month and that was one of my first things to learn!
Old 06-15-2012, 11:54 AM
burunet

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
^ it works for the 08 coupe...first I thing I did, but your have to read the manual. It can get a little confusing but it is all there.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:54 AM
ma5aru

^ Not true. The manuals are generic. This is for sedans only. It is believed that the reason this does not work on a coupe is because if you had a passenger in the rear, they could potentially be injured (by squeezing their legs due to the limited leg room)

I could be mistaken but I tried on my 2011 and then asked the same question.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:13 PM
MPax

I have an '09 coupe! It works.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:34 PM
DashKid
Banned

There is a way you can set your seats to sync with with your key fob. I have the to check the manual again.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:36 PM
DashKid
Banned

After pressing the "Set" button, hold down the "M1" or "M2" button for AT LEAST ONE SECOND, or until the green light comes on. You may have to hold the "Set" button for a couple of seconds as well to activate it.Then, you can also program your keyfob to link to your new settings. You do this by simply pressing the unlock button on the keyfob within 5 seconds of hitting the "M1" or "M2" buttons. Essentially, this means pressing the keyfob unlock button before the green light goes off.

Good luck and let us know if it works.

Got that from the FX forums. Will check my manual and write what it says later.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:45 PM
ma5aru

Seems there is some confusion in this thread. I believe some people are misunderstanding the op. He's not trying to set his preferred driving position to the fob. He is trying to set a position to exit the vehicle once the car is turned off....the way mentioned thus far are for the driving position.

The only way I know of is the workaround mentioned earlier in the thread: set your driver position to memory 1 and assign to the key fob. Set your exit position to memory 2 and do not assign it to key fob. Press memory 2 button before shutting off the car and exiting. (You could also reverse this, just depends on which position you want to be automatic when you unlock your car).

However, there is no true way to set the driver and exit position to be automatic / attached to one keyfob unless you have a sedan. (Its my understanding that this is what the op wants....automatic for both positions attached to one fob with no button presses)

The true reason for memory 1 and memory 2 in the coupe is to allow a different position for two different drivers with 2 different fobs (for example, a husband and wife)

OP...correct me if I am wrong in what you are asking.

Someone else correct me if there is another way aside from the workaround.

Last edited by ma5aru; 06-15-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:06 PM
shanezam203

Originally Posted by ma5aru
Seems there is some confusion in this thread. I believe some people are misunderstanding the op. He's not trying to set his preferred driving position to the fob. He is trying to set a position to exit the vehicle once the car is turned off....the way mentioned thus far are for the driving position.

The only way I know of is the workaround mentioned earlier in the thread: set your driver position to memory 1 and assign to the key fob. Set your exit position to memory 2 and do not assign it to key fob. Press memory 2 button before shutting off the car and exiting. (You could also reverse this, just depends on which position you want to be automatic when you unlock your car).

However, there is no true way to set the driver and exit position to be automatic / attached to one keyfob unless you have a sedan. (Its my understanding that this is what the op wants....automatic for both positions attached to one fob with no button presses)

The true reason for memory 1 and memory 2 in the coupe is to allow a different position for two different drivers with 2 different fobs (for example, a husband and wife)

you are spot on. I have an 08 coupe but had a loaner new Sedan & it would move and adjust the steering wheel & seat when I shut the car off; that was nice.

If that isn't available, I will just use Set # 1 and 2 like i have it. 1 for driving, and 2 if I ever need more room/ exit & I will push those buttons, no problem.

I only have 1 key fab, lost the 2nd ont + I don't share the car with anyone so 1 set position is fine. but I can see the value in key fobs & radio stations staying with the Key...
Old 06-15-2012, 04:07 PM
MPax

Originally Posted by ma5aru

I just set it up again and no...There is no way without button presses.
You can set #1 Drive and #2 exit/enter. But you have to press the buttons or the remote to actuate. Sorry if I mislead anyone. I thought I had it auto.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:53 PM
shanezam203

It doesnt look like it's available on the 08 coupe, when did they start it on the sedans?