Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Exterior LED Lighting...

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 11:42 AM
elrey85
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Exterior LED Lighting...

My GF has a '12 Altima and it came with exterior LED lighting on the left and right side rocker panels that light up the bottom of the car. It turns on when you unlock or lock the car. It actually looks pretty and its def helpful at night. Anyone try to do this on a G? I think the G should come with that feature stock also ...
Old 06-13-2012, 11:54 AM
chlutz214
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
we have lights on the bottom of our door panels that do the same thing... just gotta open the door first.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:57 AM
elrey85
Registered Member

Originally Posted by chlutz214
we have lights on the bottom of our door panels that do the same thing... just gotta open the door first.
No not the door panels. The rocker panels Aka the side skirts. The LEDS sit right under them to light up the bottom of the car...
Old 06-13-2012, 12:43 PM
blueninjabron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I saw a few cars in Florida with the same thing in the early 90's. Seem to always have a lot of cops around them. I think these days, the car looks a little to classy to rice up like that. Just my $.02
Old 06-13-2012, 12:57 PM
elrey85
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blueninjabron
I think I saw a few cars in Florida with the same thing in the early 90's. Seem to always have a lot of cops around them. I think these days, the car looks a little to classy to rice up like that. Just my $.02
Yeah those are not the same exact ones. They do light up the underside of the car and seen that people can switch it on and off. Those in my opinion are def ricey because they keep them on all the time while driving at night. What i am talking about fades on and fades off when locking and unlocking the vehicle. It does not stay on the whole time and it fades off as soon as you turn on the vehicle. To me it has functionality and it does look nice when you approach the car because its kind of like the auto on auto off headlights. I am going to have to post pictures or video i think. Surprised no one has seen this...
Old 06-13-2012, 01:56 PM
nickw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
are you talking about like running lights on the front of new mercedez and audis? if so that's not ricey at all..
Old 06-13-2012, 02:58 PM
elrey85
Registered Member

Originally Posted by nickw
are you talking about like running lights on the front of new mercedez and audis? if so that's not ricey at all..
Yeah this uses the same idea of LEDS but not located in front. This is located on both sides of the car. I actually found a link to the kit online. It seems it fits all new maximas and altimas. This leads me to believe that installing this in the G would be the same. I defintely want to try it out. Here is the link. The pic shows the Maxima but def fits Altima and maybe the G...

Nissan Factory OEM Exterior Ground Lighting Kit 999F4-AX000- Nissan Maxima 2012+
Old 06-13-2012, 03:35 PM
used2xb
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I think I know what the OP's going for. It would definitely be functional. I think a number of manufacturers thought of this too. Lexus, at least, has some welcome lights on the bottom of the side mirrors. I think this actually might be more useful than lighting from under the side skirts as it actually illuminates the door itself.

If you do this, I would totally be interested in it too... Argh, more mods... Haha!

Last edited by used2xb; 06-13-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:47 PM
elrey85
Registered Member

Originally Posted by used2xb
I think I know what the OP's going for. It would definitely be functional. I think a number of manufacturers thought of this too. Lexus, at least, has some welcome lights on the bottom of the side mirrors. I think this actually might be more useful than lighting from under the side skirts as it actually illuminates the door itself.

If you do this, I would totally be interested in it too... Argh, more mods... Haha!
Yes i def agree with you. The BMWs have the LEDS in the Door handles and they light like up like the pic above. Thing is i think it would be a lot harder to mod the handles than to just install the Nissan Factory Lighting which is an easier fit in our cars.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:41 PM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Seems like a cool idea, I say go for it. Make a DIY and let us know how it goes
Old 06-14-2012, 01:30 AM
Rikter

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by elrey85
It actually looks pretty and its def helpful at night. .
How is it helpful at night? Is this for finding where you parked or checking out the ground? I'm not sure what you mean by helpful at night.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:39 PM
used2xb
Registered Member

I think it's helpful for checking out the ground. I doubt it'd ever save your life or anything, but maybe it's really dark and you're parked next to a curb. So you can see the curb and not twist your ankle. Or a nasty puddle next to your car... Really more of a convenience than a necessity.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:18 PM
Dark Sarcasm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Isn't that what the light in the door panel is for? So you can see the ground and the rocker?
Old 06-14-2012, 04:13 PM
used2xb
Registered Member

I suppose, but that's once you've got the door open. There's still some use, subjectively and marginally, to having the area lit as you approach your car.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:57 PM
Dark Sarcasm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by used2xb
I suppose, but that's once you've got the door open. There's still some use, subjectively and marginally, to having the area lit as you approach your car.
that makes sense. So these light on the Altima come on when you unlock the doors with the remote? Thats cool.

Quick Reply: Exterior LED Lighting...