Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

New Take on GT-R Tails

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 02:19 PM
AceJack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^haha wow I totally didn't see that. Again great looking car!!
Old 07-17-2012, 09:12 PM
JJSoCrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chi-City-G
I Have enjoyed bluebats overlays for a while on my G but I have always been bothered by the edges and overlapping parts of the vinyl and wanted a cleaner look that I think the G deserves. I considered sending my tails to 180 Customs who have done great work on my headlights but they only offer painting and I did not want to go that completely opaque with the look. So I talked it over with my new shop and he said he understood exactly what I meant and could definitely work on it until it was perfect... and he did just that!

Here is my new look with the GT-R styling tails:

As you can see they give off a dark look but under direct sun or close they are not opaque. It is also such a cleaner look and the line between the two circles was made narrower per my request.

Thanks so much to Mindos at MM Motorsports!!!

I also had him clean up my diffuser and he got rid of the 3M tape line that I am sure the people who have this know about. It is now clean a flush with no grey edge of the tape!

Let me know if you guys are interested in this!
Beautiful Job! I am about to get my G37xS coupe in MW and I want to get tints and of course tails exactly like yours. Since I live in NY not too far outside Manhattan, I want to visit 180 customs and explain to them to do exactly like yours. Would you mind telling me what I should say so that they perform the exact same job?

Also I LOVE your wheels, you think I can get those on the AWD?

Thanks,

Joe
Old 07-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by JJSoCrazy
Beautiful Job! I am about to get my G37xS coupe in MW and I want to get tints and of course tails exactly like yours. Since I live in NY not too far outside Manhattan, I want to visit 180 customs and explain to them to do exactly like yours. Would you mind telling me what I should say so that they perform the exact same job?

Also I LOVE your wheels, you think I can get those on the AWD?

Thanks,

Joe

180 is a solid shop and they will be able to take care of you ... you would just have to specifiy that you would like dark tints and not simply gloss black paint which is how they normally do their GT-R style tails.