Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

2012 Coupe HID fog lights - need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 08:18 PM
XMMAN

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 Coupe HID fog lights - need help

Just got done installing. When I turn my car on and the auto lights turn on the HID's dont fire up.. I have to flick the fog light switch on and off a couple times and sometimes only one side will light up.. eventually i can get both to come on and stay on.. Any ideas on what is going on? I hard wired the HID kit to the cars wiring sysytem (eliminating the factory bulb plug) and I used butt connectors and shrink wrapped them. The kit is made by Phillips so its not some crappy hardware.

Also, my drivers side buld is a little bit brighter then the passenger side. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
C
Old 03-22-2012, 09:15 PM
purplelittlegg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i had the same problem, and my frd's is250 had this problem too
its because the voltage changed from 55w to 35w; therefore, auto on/off headlight may not turn on both left and right fog in the same time. Just simple switch off and on the fog light will be fix

one side brighter because the ballast or the bulb problem
Old 03-22-2012, 10:14 PM
slawek65
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by XMMAN
Just got done installing. When I turn my car on and the auto lights turn on the HID's dont fire up.. I have to flick the fog light switch on and off a couple times and sometimes only one side will light up.. eventually i can get both to come on and stay on.. Any ideas on what is going on? I hard wired the HID kit to the cars wiring sysytem (eliminating the factory bulb plug) and I used butt connectors and shrink wrapped them. The kit is made by Phillips so its not some crappy hardware.

Also, my drivers side buld is a little bit brighter then the passenger side. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
C
Just to let You know, Philips never made HID kit. Bulbs, ballast but not the kit.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:12 AM
XMMAN

Originally Posted by purplelittlegg
i had the same problem, and my frd's is250 had this problem too
its because the voltage changed from 55w to 35w; therefore, auto on/off headlight may not turn on both left and right fog in the same time. Just simple switch off and on the fog light will be fix

one side brighter because the ballast or the bulb problem
Do you know why it drops? I am sure I can figure something out so it doesnt.

Originally Posted by slawek65
Just to let You know, Philips never made HID kit. Bulbs, ballast but not the kit.
Hey thanks so much on your input! You really helped me out! So my bulbs and ballasts are from Philips, but my wires that connect everything were made somewhere else in the world. Oh wait, this didn't solve any of my issues.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:51 PM
slawek65
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Relax man . I have many HID kits on my cars but never power them from factory wires, allways from battery and never have any problems with them. Do You have harness with the kit? if not get one with inline fuse for few $ and use factory wires to just turn them on or off. I hope this help You. You can get harness from www.hidplanet.com.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:22 PM
XMMAN

Originally Posted by slawek65
Relax man . I have many HID kits on my cars but never power them from factory wires, allways from battery and never have any problems with them. Do You have harness with the kit? if not get one with inline fuse for few $ and use factory wires to just turn them on or off. I hope this help You. You can get harness from www.hidplanet.com.
Yea they came with all the harnesses and everything. I even hard wired them in removing the factory harness for a secure connection. I just think I need to find a way to feed them a constant 12v during start up for them to fire up with the auto head lights. I cant figure out why one is brighter then the other though.