Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Anyone have a bubbling seat cushion warranty replacement invoice?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 06:33 PM
xxg00w0
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
i live in LA!!! can you tell me which dealer did you go to?? and please send me the receipt if you have it !!!
Old 03-11-2012, 11:20 AM
BB_Sam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm now driving a 2011 G37 IPL, but I've had two other G37s coupes and a G35 coupe in the past. I never had this issue with the G35.

On the first G37s I owned, the dealer replaced the seat cover. The bubbling came back a few weeks later... but I sold the car and got a new/used G37 6M. I went back to the same dealer and they refused to replace it. They told me Infiniti sent them a whole bulletin explaining "normal wear and tear" on their seats ... they consider this bubbling to be "normal". The dealer was very sympathetic about it -- the guy actually took me to his used car lot and showed me 2010/2011 G's -- all with bubbling seats... he then took me to a 2006 BMW with 60,000 miles on it -- seat looked like new -- because they use pleather on the a*s part of the seat.

On my IPL, I have approximately 3,000 miles (5500 kms -- Canadian car) and it started bubbling almost within a week or two of buying the car. There's no question in my mind that this is a latent defect with the car. There's no point arguing to get the cover replaced because the bubbling will come back (others have posted similar experiences). To me, the only remedy is to actually replace the foam under the seat..... OR, they should use a leather substitute on this part of the seat.

Bottom line, this issue is a defect and Infiniti refuses to change their design -- It will likely take a new model change or a class action lawsuit before they make a change.

Until then, i just close my eyes when I open the door to a $60k+ car that has bubbling leather. If Infiniti intends to compete with BMW -- they better get their act together.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:44 PM
clownshoes

Just my 2 cents on this thread. My seat bubble somewhat, but not as much as they used to. I started to take my wallet and phone out of my back pocket and it seems to help.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:04 PM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BB_Sam
I'm now driving a 2011 G37 IPL, but I've had two other G37s coupes and a G35 coupe in the past. I never had this issue with the G35.

On the first G37s I owned, the dealer replaced the seat cover. The bubbling came back a few weeks later... but I sold the car and got a new/used G37 6M. I went back to the same dealer and they refused to replace it. They told me Infiniti sent them a whole bulletin explaining "normal wear and tear" on their seats ... they consider this bubbling to be "normal". The dealer was very sympathetic about it -- the guy actually took me to his used car lot and showed me 2010/2011 G's -- all with bubbling seats... he then took me to a 2006 BMW with 60,000 miles on it -- seat looked like new -- because they use pleather on the a*s part of the seat.

On my IPL, I have approximately 3,000 miles (5500 kms -- Canadian car) and it started bubbling almost within a week or two of buying the car. There's no question in my mind that this is a latent defect with the car. There's no point arguing to get the cover replaced because the bubbling will come back (others have posted similar experiences). To me, the only remedy is to actually replace the foam under the seat..... OR, they should use a leather substitute on this part of the seat.

Bottom line, this issue is a defect and Infiniti refuses to change their design -- It will likely take a new model change or a class action lawsuit before they make a change.

Until then, i just close my eyes when I open the door to a $60k+ car that has bubbling leather. If Infiniti intends to compete with BMW -- they better get their act together.

It looks like BMW has the bubbling problem too with leather...

2009 BMW 335

2009 BMW 528

Last edited by tejasg37x; 03-12-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:27 PM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Thats just some normal stretching.

It'd just be nice if they put some more stitching on the *** area. That would have fixed the problem.

But it's obvious they wanted a sheet of leather for aesthetic purposes (that only look good brand new).
Old 03-13-2012, 10:59 AM
keepinitreal

I also have an IPL with around 3,000 miles. I havent been completely satisfied with the quality of leather on the seats - my drivers right quad seat actually looks like its been stretched out too far - if that makes any sense. It started within my first week after getting it new as well! I'm hoping that if this has happened to enough g owners they will issue an in house bulletin to dealers to replace the cars with the problem....
Old 03-13-2012, 01:45 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Well Infiniti just called me and said they would only pay 50% ot have my seat repaired, Really a 44k car and the seat was bubbling at 1500 miles and they will only pay 50% ,No thanx. Looks like I will be taking my dealer up on the the aftermarket company fixing it under warrenty. :/ Not happy
Old 03-13-2012, 01:50 PM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
New cushions installed yesterday, and my 2008 seat is amazing again! Very happy. Wish it was a little more firm, but overall, I'm very happy. I have my invoice for the cushion replacement if anyone wants, but my dealer sucked that one up, not the factory, so I don't know if that will help anyone or not.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:40 PM
keepinitreal

Update on drivers seat leather Issue

Went to dealer for first maintenance and let them know about that I was unhappy with how the leather was wearing. With no questions asked they told me they would be ordering new leather for the seat... It was fairly obvious or wasn't the first time they'd heard about the issue. (They did tell me that the leather for the g37 is back ordered for almost 2 months) but that, I can deal with!
Old 04-15-2012, 04:23 PM
DiasG

Originally Posted by keepinitreal
Went to dealer for first maintenance and let them know about that I was unhappy with how the leather was wearing. With no questions asked they told me they would be ordering new leather for the seat... It was fairly obvious or wasn't the first time they'd heard about the issue. (They did tell me that the leather for the g37 is back ordered for almost 2 months) but that, I can deal with!
How many miles are on your car?
Old 04-15-2012, 04:38 PM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Backordered 2 months? I start working at Infiniti tomorrow, and I'm there all the time. I'll check on the status of the seat. I can't see it being backordered that far.