Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Anyone have a bubbling seat cushion warranty replacement invoice?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 10:46 PM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Ive had mine replaced as well. New bottom cushion and new bottom leather with leg extender (1 piece) Let me see if I can find mine and take a picture for you since I dont have a scanner. Id rather not have my dealerships name on it just in case it comes back to bite them in the *** since they have helped me out a lot!
Old 03-01-2012, 10:52 PM
Trunks333

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RYs06MT
They swapped both bottom parts of the seat, matched perfectly.
If it comes back ill just have them fix it again (still under warranty)

To OP I'll search for the invoice when I get home.
Worse case if you really need it I'll go to Beaverton Infiniti over the weekend & get a service record copy.
We're family here!

Thanks! It will help a lot of us here get our seat replaced.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Trunks333

Originally Posted by TwoThree
Ive had mine replaced as well. New bottom cushion and new bottom leather with leg extender (1 piece) Let me see if I can find mine and take a picture for you since I dont have a scanner. Id rather not have my dealerships name on it just in case it comes back to bite them in the *** since they have helped me out a lot!

Just blank out the vin.

Thanks.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:46 PM
scotty_g

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes I would appreciate a scanned copy as well, thanks.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:47 PM
TwoThree

Yeah, I wasn't able to find it in my desk, but I'll be at Infiniti tomorrow and I'll see if they can print me up a copy.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:20 AM
DiasG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iN

Also go denied !!
Old 03-02-2012, 02:44 AM
Himalaya
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I never got an invoice. They literally just handed me the keys to my car. I was required to sign papers though. I think that was only to return the loaner car... I did have to sign papers when I dropped my car off. It was to approve to change my seat cushion.

Do you think if i email them they will give me the invoice? I'll try that tomorrow.

Also, just a word of caution... I have a 2009 g37x. They gave me a cushion from the bottom of the 2012 g3x. I have to say that I am a little disappointed because 1, there are waves on the cushion at the part our butt goes on. not the sides on the cushion but just the part where our butt goes on. I don't think the quality stands up to the original pieces. The second think I am disappointed with is that since they put the 2012 cushion, since the cars were a little redesigned, so was the interior and so were the seats... my 2009 back is a lot darker than the bottom cushion. In other words, the back part and every other seat in the car is straight up black. The cushion is grey-black. You can see a huge contrast... I am not sure how to handle this. Any suggestions about what I should do about this? I don't want to pay to get every seat swapped but I also don't like how the seats dont match anymore.

I will def email infiniti about an invoice tomorrow. I went in late right before it was about to close and the lady at the service desk looked tired and like she wanted to just hurry up and close the store. So she might have forgot to give it to me.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:58 AM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
The grey-black will probably wear darker eventually.

Right now it doesn't have the sheen from your clothes sliding around on it.

I'm not sure if they can really do anything about it, besides finding a pristine 2009 to jack bottom seat covers from. You could try and go for totally new seats but I highly doubt that will go through.

Try putting some leather stuff on it and see how it looks.

Honestly, since there have been many people on these boards that have replaced the bottom covers and cushions and had the bubble come back, getting them replaced just isn't worth it.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:35 AM
xxg00w0
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
please give us the copy of the invoice! it will help us alot
Old 03-02-2012, 11:51 AM
TwoThree

Mine was a little off as well, don't know about the waves part, it was the exact same other than it being a tad bit lighter than the rest of the interior.... After some wear and lots of leather conditioner, its pretty damn close... I'd give it a 90% match. Overall I'm happy with the replacement. My new steering wheel and shift **** were both a little lighter, and like i said some leather conditioner on all of those parts made them a little darker. I'm sure with more wear I won't ever be able to tell. I hope this Invoice helps someone out.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:55 AM
TwoThree

Now I will say that I was suppose to get new bottom seat foam to cure the "bubbling" there is a little bit of foam pre attached to to the leather cover, but I asked if they could order new foam as well and that should be here soon, so it will be nice and firm again. I suggest anyone going through this situation to make sure they order the foam as well, and I always inspect my parts before they are put on the car to make sure they're good to go, just my advice. Oh and I did end up getting both headlights replaced due to condensation lol.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:18 PM
Trunks333

Originally Posted by TwoThree
Mine was a little off as well, don't know about the waves part, it was the exact same other than it being a tad bit lighter than the rest of the interior.... After some wear and lots of leather conditioner, its pretty damn close... I'd give it a 90% match. Overall I'm happy with the replacement. My new steering wheel and shift **** were both a little lighter, and like i said some leather conditioner on all of those parts made them a little darker. I'm sure with more wear I won't ever be able to tell. I hope this Invoice helps someone out.

Thanks! Just need 1-2 more, then i will show my service manager and hope he will change it.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:31 PM
TwoThree

I don't understand why dealers give customers trouble when there is an issue, If its truly bubbling, they send it back to NISSAN CORP and the factory eats it. The mechanics make money, and the writer and dealership as a whole make commission off the warranted part (45% to be exact). Now I understand If nothing is wrong with the part, then Nissan will send it back and the dealer eats the costs, but if its defective, I don't understand the run around. Hell, I fixed my interior door grabs myself, and they look better than stock IMO, but my writer yelled at me for doing so because she would have replaced them for me if I didn't fix them myself.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:16 PM
xxg00w0
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
should i show this invoice to my dealer and demand them to fix my problem???
Old 03-02-2012, 05:24 PM
Himalaya
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
mine is also a little squishy like the foam is not everywhere when i looked today. I think it is my foam which isnt enough inside

Quick Reply: Anyone have a bubbling seat cushion warranty replacement invoice?