Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

EMS blue lights?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 01:54 PM
mjfish93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EMS blue lights?

This will probably be a long shot but I was wondering if anyone has blue lights installed in their car for emergency purposes. I am mainly trying to see if anyone wired them in their car (like from the grill) to plug into their lighter. Also, if you guys have any good brands feel free to let me know. Thanks
Old 02-20-2012, 03:28 PM
GET_SOME

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
depending on the state you live in blue and red are normaly illegal colors to install on your car unless for show purposes
Old 02-20-2012, 05:17 PM
mjfish93

I volunteer for my town's first aid squad so I have a permit to install a blue light for emergency purposed. It is a big pain though because the wires hangs down in your car so I am just looking for a way to run it through the car with minimal work.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:46 PM
GET_SOME

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
very well then. the only thing i can say is look online through the police supply stores and get a couple of yhe blie lights you can suction to your winshield. that way u can remove them when not in use
Old 02-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Police Gear | Police Equipment | Tactical Gear | 5.11 Tactical | Bates Boots | Streamlight | Safariland | Galls

I have not personally run them in the G, however when I was on the FD I had them wired in my CRX. You can wire main power to the battery directly, ground to the car or neg side of the battery, then the remote wire you can run through any firewall grommet to a rocker switch that is wired to any portion of your interior fuse box. This is how I did it. I haven't heard of anyone using the lighter unless you are talking about a windshield plug in light.

Check out the link above. I'm sure you can call Whalen or any other company with install questions.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:10 PM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Southwest Public Safety - www.swps.com - Whelen, Code-3, Streamlight, Pelican, Able 2 Sho-Me Police & Fire Equipment, Lights, Sirens, LED & Strobe from SWPS.com

WHELEN makes good stuff.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:29 AM
Himalaya
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I just saw these on a civic today. He had a police badge on his license plate. I didnt see any wires hang down. Maybe you should run them along the sides of your car all the way to the top and get something to cover them which isnt that noticeable.

Your second option can be to get wireless ones if you are going to put them inside your car on top of the windshield where the mirror is. My friend has wireless led ones that flash blue. He got them from ebay... also for the outside ones on the grill and such, just get them professionally installed. You can probably do it, I dont think it would be that hard but electrical work is risky so i would leave it to a pro.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:58 PM
Ibanez540r

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I've wired police cruisers from scratch. Let me know if you have any questions. There are many routes you could go depending on how elaborate and what exactly you want.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:40 PM
mjfish93

Wireless would be the best option but unfortunately I have not found any yet. And I am hoping to find a very easy was to do this because I basically know nothing about wiring and things like that. Plus, the only thing I have done to my g is tints. I am too afraid to do anything else hahaha. But I will check out those lights posted on here thanks.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:06 PM
Ibanez540r

I didn't catch the post about wireless, but as far as I know, and I'm around the stuff constantly, there is no such thing. It would have to be battery powered and I know the major manufacturers do not make such a thing.

What are you looking for? Corner strobes? Grill lights? Dash mount? Visor flip down? An actual light bar? ???

Like I said if you are a little more specific I can point you in the right direction, give you wiring ideas, and possibly get you some used stuff.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:10 PM
Ibanez540r

To be very basic and not have to do any wiring would be to do a cigarette lighter plug type set-up. Not a permanent install and not as professional, but works. Could do several different things or a combination of them;

All Products Vehicle Lighting & Equipment Dash Lights - Galls
Old 02-22-2012, 09:52 AM
DPE G

Received 112 Likes on 73 Posts
whelen & code 3 make decent lights, but are somewhat pricey, if you want to run it off a cig lighter, try getting a dc plug with a swtich on it, most whelen lights come with this anyway. Get on LawSupply.com and check out what they have, just keep in mind they are all going to be universal fit, which means they won't just bolt up and go unless you go with a dash light with suction cups. They work but will fall, we usually replace the suction cups for double sided tape. Whelen Avenger/Talon would be what I would recomend for easy wiring. They come with a dc plug with a switch, just cut the ends off all of them and splice them into a single plug w/switch and boom there you go. No wiring or drilling in the car.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:54 AM
DPE G

Received 112 Likes on 73 Posts
Also I have a few blue lights laying around if you need some. None of what I mentioned but I do have a about 4 or so blue TIR3s & a blue Code3 LED dash light. Don't know if you can run blue/red but I have a Whelen Slimlighter & a Star Systems Visor Bar light as well in that config. PM me if you want them I'll cut you a deal.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:09 AM
D_Rek

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not that good at wiring, but i do a decent job most the time. lol
Old 02-22-2012, 10:22 AM
ImStricken
Former Sponsor

its not on my g37s but this is on my nissan rogue.
i got a whelen talon 2years ago, and have not regretted it. extremely bright.
when i got the rogue, i tucked it on top of my rear view, and then ran the wire in the head-liner, down to the left A-pillar, and into my fuse box. im just looking for a good place to wire a switch. its kinda just floating around for right now.
ignore the wire hanging, this was during test fitting.

Quick Reply: EMS blue lights?