Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Question about amber strip...

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 03:47 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
ParkStr8,

Debate closed? By what authority can you do this? I may be a real PIA to some of you, but I have tried to stay on topic here, so the debate will close when no one cares to post here anymore.

And I have to say, If you could read into my posts you may find a reason why you’ve had two recent accidents. I guess I’ve been lucky, with my last accident (where the other driver ran a stop sign) occurring over 40 years ago. But of course in this environment of accepting and defending illegality, that could change any day now.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:52 PM
ParkStr8

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Chekov - this is my last reponse on this subject, as you clearly have something to prove to someone.

Referring to your response to me - you PRESUME too much.

Facts - My accidents were both women, both on the phone - 1 ran a red light and the other rear ended me. Inferring that your riculoous arguements/info could have changed either of the above is preposterous.

Enough said.

I defer to OP - and good luck on finding the clear strips. I will be removing my amber at some point as well.

-s-
Old 01-24-2012, 05:36 PM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Chekov, your argument is silly. Do you obey all traffic laws all the time? Because traffic laws are made for safety, and if you break the law by speeding by a mere 1 mph, then that makes you a hypocrite considering how strong you're trying to push your "don't break the law because of safety" point in this thread. The more I read your replies, the more of a fool you look like because you're trying so hard.

The amber strip is the law but that doesn't mean it's significant. If any driver of any skill level can't tell the direction of a motor vehicle because it has missing amber reflectors, then that driver should not be driving in the first place. It was a law passed in the 70's because some fool in Washington thought it would be safer.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:01 PM
xtremeroller

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm confused about the not knowing what direction a car is going at night. Headlights = car is coming toward you. Taillights= car is going away from you. Flashing amber= car is turning in direction that light is flashing. (allegedly) Sounds pretty simple there. Just my opinion.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:07 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
1NNETO,
My arguments reflect sound reasoning in a nation of laws. Perhaps I too inadvertently break a law every now and then, but there’s one thing I don’t do. I don’t thumb my nose at laws designed to keep us safe, nor do I decide for myself what laws are “significant” and what laws are routinely too unimportant to obey. That, in my view, is prelude to anarchy.

Painting me as a holier than thou extremist is disingenuous on your part. But you can be sure that I am not an irresponsible kid with a hot car who has no moral compass and little understanding of distinguishing what’s right or wrong. Perhaps not on this website, but I hope somewhere I’m in the majority.

With that, and considering I’ve already stated my views on this topic more than once, I will refrain from further posts in this thread.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:51 PM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZFMW...e_gdata_player

"think for yourself, question authority".