Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Is it possible to remove the factory fog lights?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 08:12 PM
Dr.Pat

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Is it possible to remove the factory fog lights?

Picking up my 2012 G37 on Saturday. I'm not a fan of how the front looks with the fog lights...I prefer it with just the black filler plate in the place of the fog lights as in previous years....like this...

My question is can I simply remove the factory fog lights and install the black filler plates in their place? If so where can I purchase those black filler plates?

Thanks in advance
Old 01-16-2012, 08:23 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr.Pat
Picking up my 2012 G37 on Saturday. I'm not a fan of how the front looks with the fog lights...I prefer it with just the black filler plate in the place of the fog lights as in previous years....like this...

My question is can I simply remove the factory fog lights and install the black filler plates in their place? If so where can I purchase those black filler plates?

Thanks in advance
Non-Sport?

Yes you can.

Someone here, as I did will want to install fogs on their 2008-2010 Sport.
I bet you can sell your fogs for cash, plus their blank plates.
If you want to keep you fogs for the future, Ill sell you my blanks.

You might change your mind with the right bulbs:

Last edited by TVPostSound; 01-16-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:24 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Thanks in advance
DO NOT LET the dealer offer to install the blanks for free, and then they keep your fogs!!
Old 01-16-2012, 08:30 PM
Dr.Pat

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Thanks for the help! I like the fog lights themselves...just not a fan of the chrome trim around them...and it doesn't seem like the chrome trim can be removed (unless I'm wrong). Since I'm leasing the car I'm going to keep the fog lights so I can re-install them when I turn the car in. How much would you sell your blank plates for? Is the install pretty simple (i.e. just a few screws to hold the plates on?)
Old 01-16-2012, 08:40 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Thanks for the help! I like the fog lights themselves...just not a fan of the chrome trim around them...and it doesn't seem like the chrome trim can be removed (unless I'm wrong). Since I'm leasing the car I'm going to keep the fog lights so I can re-install them when I turn the car in. How much would you sell your blank plates for? Is the install pretty simple (i.e. just a few screws to hold the plates on?)

Technically only one bolt is used, the rest clips on to the inside rear of the bumper.
Yes, the trim can be removed.
You pull out slightly on the edge of the long side of the trim.
Then you can grab all around. And pull out.

I wrote up a DIY on installing these lights in my 2010. (see the DIY section)
The picture above does not have the trim on them.
I'm debating on how to paint the chrome (method). Of course they will be black like the car!!

If you want to paint them, they are only $14 a side, so buy a spare set to install before returning.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:50 PM
jking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well if its a lease don't spend money on the blanks tell the dealer you want the the fogs out and have them do it for free just ask them . when i purchased my used G it was missing the emblems and the front bumper had chips on it .Infiniti replaced the emblems and painted the bumper - no charge .