Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Diode Dynamics Review??

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 10:15 AM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by G35_FTMFW
I ordered yesterday night. No email or anything yet. No tracking number either.
I think orders before 12pm Eastern and they send out the same day, so they may not have gotten to sending them out yet.

Any thoughts on the HID fog light conversion? I'm by no means a baller and can't afford to throw away $80 on just anything
Old 01-06-2012, 02:19 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I ordered
the 5-SMD bulbs for my license plate and they look very nice.

Also ordered the 2-SMD bulbs and tried to put them on my 2011 4Runner's license plates and it didn't work. Haven't had the time to try them on other parts of the car yet.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:56 AM
G35_FTMFW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gon37
I think orders before 12pm Eastern and they send out the same day, so they may not have gotten to sending them out yet.

Any thoughts on the HID fog light conversion? I'm by no means a baller and can't afford to throw away $80 on just anything
Still nothing, no Tracking number.

So far not good.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:02 PM
SwissCheeseHead

not even an email confirmation??
Old 01-08-2012, 03:01 AM
G35_FTMFW

Originally Posted by Gon37
not even an email confirmation??
Only from paypal saying I sent money to them lol.

Still nothing, I guess I will call Monday since its the weekend.

F- so far
Old 01-08-2012, 02:34 PM
SwissCheeseHead

Originally Posted by G35_FTMFW
Only from paypal saying I sent money to them lol.

Still nothing, I guess I will call Monday since its the weekend.

F- so far
Let me know what happens.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:22 PM
G35_FTMFW

Well Guess what, I get back from work (10pm) and to my surprise there is a little package for me. Its Diode Dynamics so I open it up and everything is there, slap the Interior,door, and License plate lights on and man they look awesome. I was worried that they would have to much on a hint of blue in them, but no they are PURE WHITE AND BRIGHT.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:17 AM
1SiCkG
Banned

noone beats 180 customs customer service... PERIOD
Old 01-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Received my package today. 10 days is quite a bit, but it WAS the holiday and I DO Live across the country from them. Fitment looks pretty straight forward. Would definitely do business with them again....during non-holiday times hehe.

**edit**

Just got done changing everything over. Fitment for the map-lights was a little off. Wires for the connections are pretty small and need some fiddling with. Would be better if maybe some solder was placed on the connection part of the wires to ensure good contact. Same goes for the trunk. Everything Else was fine and all pieces are functioning properly. Still a good product and the stage 3 replacements are bright as hell. As stated above would do business again.

Last edited by Rad_Slinger; 01-09-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:41 PM
SwissCheeseHead

Nice! Thanks for the feedback and input everyone. I'll be ordering soon!

DD - maybe take a look at some of the feedback on your products about fitment etc?
Old 01-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Domate
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
My experience with DD has been very good. Paul answered a few questions prior to me ordering and once ordered, I received my kit fairly quickly.

I have full confidence in ordering from them again - and I will soon!
Old 02-15-2012, 11:32 PM
MistAminER112
Premier Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm a happy repeat DD customer...first bought the Stage 3 Kit (Bright as hell, but that's exactly what I wanted!) and I was very very happy with the setup! My favorite parts are the trunk (can actually see in there now), the license plate, and the door sill lights.

I did recently order the HID foglight conversion kit but haven't had the time to get them installed, but I think they might be a little bit more complicated...I'll keep it updated with the progress on that install

Nonetheless, their prices were very reasonable and they shipped ultra fast considering I'm in a distant part of the country away from them.

one side note: the adhesive on the back of some of the LED boards wasn't sticky enough so I had to just throw on an extra bit of double sided tape, no biggie though!
Old 02-21-2012, 12:09 AM
xzeus
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I recently picked up the stage2 led interior and they are way more better looking than stock. happy with the results. as ^Mista said above, the adhesive on the led boards werent that sticky enough and it stopped sticking after a couple days. had to throw on some tape as well.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:51 AM
SwissCheeseHead

I ended up ordering from them late January and have also been very happy. I got a stage 2 interior kit. I went with 6000k headlight and fog light conversion kits but I ended up going back to stock since the 6000k output was kinda low and the foglight kit was letting moisture into my headlights (partially my fault) I had a problem with one of the headlights not firing up sometimes and a fog light ballast buzzing and also not firing up sometimes. That made me kinda nervous. I ended up returning both and the customser service was top notch. I just bought some parking lights from Paul adn will be installing them tomorrow.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:12 AM
hinomura

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I just ordered 8K headlights and fogs from them and installed them last night. Installation was a breeze and they are bright as hell. Strangely though the fogs are actually brighter than the headlights. Also the color comes out really white. I wanted a touch of blue and previously had 6K bulbs but (maybe it's the reflector ) the color came out looking slightly greenish so I switched to 8K and now they look really white. Not complaining though, would rather them be too white than too blue.

Quick Reply: Diode Dynamics Review??