Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Avery Nano Fusion Paint Protection Film

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 04:00 PM
bleu ardoise
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Avery Nano Fusion Paint Protection Film

So I'm looking at my 6th Clear Bra install with my new G, I've used 3M, VentureShield (pre 3M ownership), and Llumar.

3M is very durable but dull after 6+ mos plus orange peel city, VentureShield yellowed after a year and Llumar still was perfect after 24 mos when I returned my car on lease.

A company that I was referred to by a local Ferrari Chat member is recommending Avery Nano Fusion. I see it's a relatively new product and won at 2009 SEMA. I found several positive reviews but all from 09 and 10 with no updates on how well it's performing since the original posts.

Anyone here have any experience about this product?

It seems like it's the way to go, price is right at about $740.00 for full front bumper, 18" up on hood and fenders, mirrors and door cups although I'm not shopping price.

Avery Dennison Paint Protection Film

[youtube]CEA9-ZQUOB4[/youtube]

[youtube]SrVr4WQFelA[/youtube]

[youtube]4e3fnrw2K2g[/youtube]

Last edited by bleu ardoise; 01-05-2012 at 02:08 AM.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:46 PM
bleu ardoise
Registered Member

Wow 74 views and not one response... Oh well I'm scheduled for my install next Tuesday I'll let you know how it goes and post some pics.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:54 AM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm curious how it will turn out to be. So this will prevent rock chips i suppose?
Old 12-21-2011, 06:02 AM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
You will have to let everyone know how it holds up in time.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:57 AM
1SiCkG
Banned

subscribed for updates!
Old 12-23-2011, 09:06 PM
bleu ardoise
Registered Member

Originally Posted by tWistedMissiOn
I'm curious how it will turn out to be. So this will prevent rock chips i suppose?
Your correct. Pretty much all of the popular Clear Bra's (PPF) stop paint chips, i.e. 3M, Xpel, etc however this product is pretty much invisible after it's applied which is really great! The other products especially 3M look like crap with all of the orange peel.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:42 AM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
I thought venturesheild was bought out by 3m. I could be wrong. Mine was put on and now its yellowing. It was either ventureshield or 3m. You had good success with llumar. I wonder how hard it is to peel the old clear bra off and put a new one on
Old 12-24-2011, 11:10 AM
bleu ardoise
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Fezzik
I thought venturesheild was bought out by 3m. I could be wrong. Mine was put on and now its yellowing. It was either ventureshield or 3m. You had good success with llumar. I wonder how hard it is to peel the old clear bra off and put a new one on
Sorry to hear about the yellowing I did mention I had VentureShield Pre-3M purchase.... From what I've been told by numerous shops 3M hasn't changed a thing with VentureShield since the acquisition so I'm not interested with any 3M products this time around.

It's easy to remove the old clear bra no issues and just minor clean up.

I'm scheduled for Tuesday so I'll post some pics can't wait...
Old 12-24-2011, 08:22 PM
Fezzik

Are you putting on the avery or the llmar? If the avery i cant find a shop in the US to do it.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:16 AM
Elkrew88

did you do get it done???how did it come out??? where you get it done at???
Old 12-27-2011, 01:01 PM
san~man

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Fezzik
As far as I've read, only the older generation 3M film yellowed, not the newer stuff. And, Ventureshield was bought by 3M a year or so ago.

If it's yellowing, take it back and have them fix it. Also, have them check their film to see if it's new stock.

I have the xpel film on my car, 3 years plus and no yellowing. My Sienna van got the VS film put on two months ago, so we'll see how that holds up.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:32 PM
bleu ardoise
Registered Member

As promised here are some before and after pics, the installed went perfectly and I'm super pleased with the perfect trim and application job that was performed. Unless your really looking for it you can't even tell I have any film installed. If this Avery film doesn't yellow like the VentureShield I'll be super happy.

Before: (No PPF installed)

After: (Avery Nano-Fusion Installed - Complete front wrap, 18" Hood, Mirrors, Door Handle Cups) If you look closely you can see it, see my reflection taking the picture! This stuff is just amazing I know see why this is a hit with the Ferrari crowd, you just can't detect it!

Only in this pic can you see the film...

And for the best part!

Limited “Life Time” Warranty For Personal Light Vehicles*

Avery Dennison paint protection Nano-Fusion™ 6 mil film (“Product”) has a limited warranty from date of purchase. The film is warranted to be free from defects in manufacturing and workmanship and against peeling, yellowing, bubbling, or cracking of the film from UV exposure for so long as the original purchaser owns and operates the Vehicle on which the Product is installed.

To be valid, this warranty requires that the installation is performed by an authorized Avery Dennison installer in accordance with Avery Dennison’s recommended installation procedures and the owner must follow recommended maintenance requirements (including those relating to washing and/or waxing or applying other surface treatments) and procedures and retain the original proof of purchase and completed certificate provided by the authorized installer. In the event that the Product is not installed by an authorized Avery Dennison installer, then the warranty shall be for a term of seven (7) years from the date of purchase.

This warranty does not apply to damage to the Product caused by erroneous application, accident, intentional misuse, exposure to corrosive or abrasive materials, ordinary wear, or dents caused by physical impact (e.g. stones, road debris, bumps, impact, etc.) or use of the Vehicle in commercial or for profit service. If Avery Dennison determines that the Product has been damaged due to failure to follow Avery Dennison’s application or recommended maintenance procedures, Avery Dennison WILL NOT reimburse the authorized Avery Dennison installer. Avery Dennison’s sole obligation under this warranty shall be the replacement of the defective film, and in no event shall Avery Dennison’s liability exceed the purchase price of the film.

Last edited by bleu ardoise; 12-28-2011 at 01:39 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:22 AM
Hapa DC5

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
looks great!
Old 01-03-2012, 07:08 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
^ plus one!
Old 01-04-2012, 02:20 PM
Fezzik