Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Bubble seat,peeling steering repair under warranty in Canada?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 04:56 PM
KennyG37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bubble seat,peeling steering repair under warranty in Canada?

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a 08 G37 Coupe, and hence I have registered in this forum. I have some specific questions that didnt seem to be answered when I was trying to search the forum, so here I am posting a new thread. My apology if this has been brought up before.

I have seen some of you guys were able to get the bubble seat, peeling steering/shifter and scratched door handle repaired under warranty in US. However in Canada, the dealership I contacted (Alta Infiniti) was saying all these were wear and tear items and not covered under warranty and would not repair them.

I just wonder if anyone was able to get these fixed in Canada under warranty, especially in Toronto area.

Thanks for the help
Old 12-07-2011, 10:12 PM
Dough1397
Registered Member

Received 62 Likes on 35 Posts
Hey,

I also picked up a 08 G37 coupe, been hit and miss at the dealer so far. Had to fight to get the battery replaced under warranty (along with s/w update and a valve beneath the car). However they did do the front brake splash gaurd repair with little hassle, and have ordered new weather stripping for some that has warped (going to go back next week to have it installed).

My seats both have a little bubbling, I haven't asked yet, not sure if I will. Is the new seat cover better? I assume it would have the same problem eventually.

My dead pedal is flaking and they called it a wear and tear item. I'll likely be taking pictures and sending it to Infiniti Canada. Its clearly a poor material choice & design.

PS: This is at Guelph Infiniti. I haven't tried the Toronto area dealers, let me know if you have any luck!
Old 12-09-2011, 12:02 PM
MPdesign

I just bought my G with 50k miles and I told the dealer that he needed to replace the chrome door pulls, the steering wheel worn buttons, and that the shift **** was just wear and tear and that I did not expect him to replace that. I also told him that 'he - and only he' was my new service guy and he would be handling all of my future work.

He replaced it all and I bought a new shifter **** off of ebay for $150. I also bought new oem floormats (not some that just fit - new oem) from ebay for about $100 and the car looks brand new - except for the drivers seat. I didn't ask about the seat at the time because I didn't know that other had it replaced. I suspect that I will have zero luck with the dealer on it - but I will ask him anyway before warranty runs out.

I started another thread where I was asking for items that normally break so that I could check them all really well before the warranty runs out in 8k now. You should check that out as well. It has some good info.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:18 PM
KennyG37S

Already 2 dealerships (Alta Infiniti and Willowdale Infiniti) in Toronto area considered these as wear and tear and refused to fix them under warranty. Looks like the Canadian Infiniti isn't as generous as the US counterpart
Old 12-09-2011, 02:23 PM
KennyG37S

I actually wonder if it's possible to bring it down to US to get these stuff fixed under warranty...
Old 12-09-2011, 02:42 PM
MPdesign

Can anyone post a picture of what they are calling bubbling. Is the leather actually de-laminating into a bubble or is there just a hump in the seat - like mine - that really should not be there.

If the leather is de-laminating, I would press the issue and make them replace it. Of course, if the rest of the car is poorly maintained, you will have a hard case. If it is spotless, no dings, and everything else is good shape, you would have a better claim.

I have read on other threads that many times this must be approved by the regional manager so expect the service guy to say no. Its his job to scare you off so it doesn't go anywhere else.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:20 PM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I just got a new steering wheel today on my G, no questions asked.

I haven't bothered asking about my seats. Unlike the original 08-09 steering wheels that will scratch/wear off, these seats are always going to get a hump in them.