Body Interior Exterior Lighting

touch up paint steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 04:56 PM
JayElDee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
touch up paint steering wheel

G37 coupe 2009.
I searched for this and came up empty, but does touch up paint exist for the steering wheel? The areas near the audio controls and cruise controls have been scratched off by the previous owner resulting in an unsightly "two toned black" area.

Maybe some flavor of a sharpie?
I've used a black sharpie with good results on scratches on the leather, but the steering wheel is a semi-gloss/semi-matte finish.

thanks

John
Old 11-19-2011, 05:03 PM
biron

You should try bringing it to your nearest Infiniti dealership and ask them to replace it under warranty. I had those scratches also for my 2008, and told my dealer about it and they replaced it with a newer and better quality one under warranty.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:59 PM
JayElDee

I'll try that, but I am afraid they may say abuse?

Still the paint/finish looks pretty fragile.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:10 PM
G-MENTED
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the finish on the '08 steering wheel sucks. i want to get mine replaced before the warranty expires if i can. i've seen others get it replaced, so it is possible.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:31 PM
biron

You guys should try more than one dealership. Every dealership says different things. When i was searching to get my steering wheel and seat bubbling replaced under warranty, two dealership gave me the same bull**** answers "Oh, this is wear and tear, nothing we can do about it." or "This will develop as the car ages, so you shouldn't worry about it". Then finally contacted a third dealership and was able to get both the steering wheel and seat bubbling replaced under warranty.

Last edited by biron; 11-19-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:51 PM
G-MENTED
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by biron
You guys should try more than one dealership. Every dealership says different things. When i was searching to get my steering wheel and seat bubbling replaced under warranty, two dealership gave me the same bull**** answers "Oh, this is wear and tear, nothing we can do about it." or "This will develop as the car ages, so you shouldn't worry about it". Then finally contacted a third dealership and was able to get both the steering wheel and seat bubbling replaced under warranty.
hey brion, i see youre from norcal, too. which dealership did you get it replaced at? i bought my 37 at infiniti of marin and they gave me that wear and tear crap, too.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:07 PM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
There have been enough complaints about the steering wheel that I'd be surprised to see it denied anywhere.

And if it is being denied, escalate it up to Infiniti Consumer Affairs.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:28 PM
biron

Originally Posted by G-MENTED
hey brion, i see youre from norcal, too. which dealership did you get it replaced at? i bought my 37 at infiniti of marin and they gave me that wear and tear crap, too.
Lol that's funny, I brought mine to Marin also and spoke with Steven Tran and he was able to replace it for me. You should try Infiniti of Oakland because they just opened 3 weeks ago, so they might do these warranty work to get their dealership going. Look for Mike (service manager) if you're at Oakland tho, because he's easy to work with and my car is currently there getting the seat bubbles replace again.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:53 PM
trulegend
Registered Member

if you are in nor-cal try Infiniti of Elk Grove near sacramento.

They replaced driverside door panel, steering wheel twice because first time it had small scratches from factory, shift ****, door panel trim pieces on both sides. They said no to seat bubble and it does not really bother me.

search thread under my name u will see it, i was at 59k when i went in just barely under warranty.

they actually get reimbursed for labor hence make money from infiniti corporate to do the repairs so they dont give a F*** doing it.

they provided me with a loaner, i believe it was $4500 in warranty stuff they took care of me.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:18 PM
didimao

Anyone have success with this in LA/OC?
Old 11-20-2011, 04:37 PM
JayElDee

Originally Posted by cruzmisl
There have been enough complaints about the steering wheel that I'd be surprised to see it denied anywhere.

And if it is being denied, escalate it up to Infiniti Consumer Affairs.
Good point and thanks.
I am in New Orleans and there is only one dealer.

John