Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

DIY change headlight bulbs g37 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 03:10 PM
ahunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DIY change headlight bulbs g37 coupe

I have a 2009 g37 coupe, and was looking for posts on the easiest way to change the bulbs on the headlights. They were all pretty confusing, and the job was actually very simple

If you are changing your fog, city (clearance), parking, or side markers you can go in from the top and DO NOT need to remove your tire or fold back the wheel well lining.
first if you have a stock air intake you need to remove it (move it out of the way) this is not hard.
loosen the clamp on the hose, remove the one and only retaining bolt, disconnect the sensor, and lift it out of the way.

next locate the bulb you are looking to replace, the city bulb is what i switched out i hated the amber color, changed it to xtreme white to match the HIDs. this one is a bit tight and is the very bottom one.
the posts i have viewed said "pulls right out" others have said pull the cord.
dont do this. neither is correct. there is a L shaped plastic piece that will need to be turned and then pulled out it may be hard to do so make sure you are turning the correct way. turn firmly and you will feel it pop. then it will pull straight out and from here you will just swap the bulbs (use gloves) turn your lights on at this point to make sure they work.

another tip is if you are not sure what your pulling on when you are behind the light look at the actual bulb on the light and it will wiggle if you are touching the right thing.
I will post fome photos of it.
I am going to change the signal lights soon.
Hope this helps!

dont forget to put your air filter back on this is simply put the hose on first, then line the pins at the bottom respectively and make sure the front is matched up to the "foam" and then replace the bolt, tighten the clamp, and connect the sensor.