Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Hole in top of seat near headrest speaker

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 08:17 PM
xwoodbutch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hole in top of seat near headrest speaker

I bought a 09 G37s vert on Fathers Day. Has 11,000 miles on it. A few days later I noticed the TPMS warning light had come on. I checked and noticed the drivers rear tire was low. No problem! I filled it up to 39lbs and checked the rest for same. Everything was fine until the next day. Light was back on. I checked to see if possibly the valve was loosing air and if maybe there was a nail. Couldn't find a thing.
Then my wife spotted a hole in the drivers side seat near the headrest. I couldn't believe it. My new car now has two bummers. Well, I decided to call Carmax where I bought it and explained everything and they said bring it in. I received a call today from Carmax and told me that there is indeed a hole/nail in said tire and that I must have picked up a nail. I told the guy that I have been putting air in this tire all week. It had to have come from someone else test driving or? He agreed and long story short(he he) the guy ordered two new tires for the rear. Now for the hole in the seat. I think it's on to Infiniti for a replacement. I still have the remainder of the 4yr/60,00mil warranty so I'm confident this will also be remedied.
Now, don't get me wrong. I love this car but It sure seems like I have gotten off to a bad start with this one. Sorry for the rant!! Verts rule!! X
Attached Thumbnails Hole in top of seat near headrest speaker-g37-hole-in-headrest-2.jpg  
Old 06-30-2011, 08:55 PM
GPR-37s
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Im sure they will cover that under warranty... Also Check your seat belt strap holders (whatever they are called) I was in the dealership the other day and saw a vert getting the front seat covers replaced due to the leather straps having the leather broken due to the design of the buckle that holds it in place.... you may get two new seat covers for your front seats... if you have that going on....
Old 06-30-2011, 10:40 PM
Shane D
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by xwoodbutch
Then my wife spotted a hole in the drivers side seat near the headrest.
I found this EXACT thing in my car last week when I was cleaning/conditioning the leather!

Shane D
Old 07-01-2011, 12:49 AM
cvipgo
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now, don't get me wrong. I love this car but It sure seems like I have gotten off to a bad start with this one. Sorry for the rant!! Verts rule!! X
Welcome to the best G vert forum. Just talk to your dealer or Infiniti Customer Service... you will get what you want...
Old 07-02-2011, 05:14 PM
xwoodbutch

Originally Posted by cvipgo
Welcome to the best G vert forum. Just talk to your dealer or Infiniti Customer Service... you will get what you want...
Have a appt setup for Tuesday at 4:00pm. Sounds like this will be a piece of cake!!
Old 07-02-2011, 07:20 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Hey Welcome. Very strange hole there and that it's happened to someone else has me worried for the 2009 batch. Hopefully you both will be squared away.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:21 PM
Shane D
Premier Member

Question

Have a appt setup for Tuesday at 4:00pm. Sounds like this will be a piece of cake!!
How did you ever make out with your seat repair? I am taking my car is next week and I have the same hole.

Shane D
Old 10-18-2011, 01:59 PM
jsweaz

Dude... read my post Lemon G... by 11,000 miles my car had a rebuilt engine. Consider your issues minor. I'm confident that Infiniti will do the right thing for you.

Glad to hear Carmax took care of you as well.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:20 PM
Shane D
Premier Member

Smile

I did read your post. I am SHOCKED you are getting another G

I dropped by the dealership today and got the obligatory "I've never seen that before". They also weren't aware of the seat belt problem but I gave them the ITB number. Goes in next week for everything.

Also, the service guy told me a about a woman that came in a few weeks ago. Lowered the top with a computer in the trunk. Much damage ensued (mostly just cosmetic). Although the car only had less than 1,000Kms, they told her "no warranty for you". Wonder what that will cost in the end?

I have no idea about Carmax??

Shane D
Old 10-18-2011, 05:31 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Originally Posted by Shane D
Also, the service guy told me a about a woman that came in a few weeks ago. Lowered the top with a computer in the trunk. Much damage ensued (mostly just cosmetic). Although the car only had less than 1,000Kms, they told her "no warranty for you". Wonder what that will cost in the end?

Shane D
will cost her $6k plus 30days unless she files comprehensive claim with her insurance
Old 10-18-2011, 06:25 PM
jsweaz

I did read your post. I am SHOCKED you are getting another G...
Shane D
Well... ya. I'm giving Infiniti another chance mainly because they stood up and did the right thing by repurchasing the 2009. I didn't have to go through arbitration or anything and I received full purchase price back, plus taxes, tags, etc (minus a nominal charge for 7000 miles of use). I called it my Infiniti Savings Plan. LOL... performed better than any of my stocks or 401K! Plus I got to drive a sweet ride for almost two years (when it wasn't in the shop) free of charge except for grief and anxiety. LOL

Plus I believe everyone deserves a second chance.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:39 PM
Shane D
Premier Member

Smile

Originally Posted by jsweaz
Plus I believe everyone deserves a second chance.
You are definitely a reasonable guy. Hope your next car is perfect!!

Shane D
Old 10-18-2011, 10:44 PM
Shane D
Premier Member

Originally Posted by cvipgo
will cost her $6k plus 30days unless she files comprehensive claim with her insurance
I don't think she damaged any of the mechanicals. I think it is just paint and dings (bodywork).

First time I had the car at home I dropped the roof and opened the trunk to look inside. I knew that first day that NOTHING was ever going in the trunk with the top down. Except for the little "slot" behind the tail lights.

Shane D
Old 10-20-2011, 07:48 PM
jsweaz

First time I had the car at home I dropped the roof and opened the trunk to look inside. I knew that first day that NOTHING was ever going in the trunk with the top down. Except for the little "slot" behind the tail lights.

Shane D
The 2012's come standard with a full-size spare. There goes that extra little space below the folded top area where I used to store my laptop.

Last edited by jsweaz; 10-20-2011 at 08:03 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:51 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Originally Posted by jsweaz
The 2012's come standard with a full-size spare. There goes that extra little space below the room area where I used to store my laptop.
You got a great deal- new car with spare!

Quick Reply: Hole in top of seat near headrest speaker