Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Help! Vibrating mirrors driving me crazy!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 12:58 AM
G Force

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Help! Vibrating mirrors driving me crazy!

My mirrors are vibrating excessively with the stereo (Bose) turned up only halfway. It's not just the rearview mirror but the side mirrors as well. And this is when the car is still. Driving down the freeway with the windows open and the stereo turned up more the mirrors become practically useless.

Anybody have this problem and had it fixed at the dealer?
Old 06-27-2011, 01:13 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
The dealer is going to tell you to turn down the bass.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:17 AM
FM37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HAHAAA....wait are you serious?!

I didn't even know the BOSE system in the G had the power to rattle anything...

How about you turn down the bass...that's more than likely the cause
Old 06-27-2011, 01:44 AM
G Force

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FM37
HAHAAA....wait are you serious?!

I didn't even know the BOSE system in the G had the power to rattle anything...

How about you turn down the bass...that's more than likely the cause
Hell, why not just turn off the radio altogether? Perhaps Infiniti shouldn't put in 10" woofers if they can't design mirrors to handle it.

But seriously, the reason I don't turn down the bass is because of your 1st comment. It's not like the Bose system has overbearing bass to begin with. Plus like I said, the mirrors are rattling even when the volume is only half way up (or even lower in some cases). That's not loud at all.

And for the record, my other cars pump out the same levels of bass or higher and don't suffer nearly the same amount of shake. Clearly it's either a manufacturing defect (nobody eles's car has this issue) or a design defect (all cars suffer from this) and I'm trying to find out which it is. Hoping for the former and not the latter.

And if possible, I'd rather fix it myself because I already know the incompetent dealers will just tell me to turn it down or screw up something else in the process.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:07 AM
dopetime

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
By rattling do you mean that you can hear them rattle or that when you like at em they shake. cause i'm the shaking will happen, it was like that in my lexus as well.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:39 PM
ReddieG37

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
The shaking is completely normal and the dealership will 100% tell you to just lower your bass. However, if it is rattling and making a noise, you can probably try taking it in to the dealership. I had problems with my passenger door rattling even when my music was on to about 3-4 bars on the volume. They told me to just turn down the bass, but I eventually got them to fix it since I asked them why my driver side door doesn't rattle then lol.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:44 PM
jjasonSU

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Man.....complain about anything!
Old 06-27-2011, 10:23 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by G Force
My mirrors are vibrating excessively with the stereo (Bose) turned up only halfway. It's not just the rearview mirror but the side mirrors as well. And this is when the car is still. Driving down the freeway with the windows open and the stereo turned up more the mirrors become practically useless.

Anybody have this problem and had it fixed at the dealer?

There's a response to the Bose haters!!!
Old 06-28-2011, 01:13 AM
Soliditude

I haven't noticed this on mine, because I hate rattles more than I love loud music, so my bass is always at normal and the sound is always less than half... But, when I had my last loaner sedan, I've turned the music up quite loud with upped bass and I did notice some shaking. However, even at its loudest, the mirrors never shook as bad as you described, so I think you might just have a defect. I don't think the dingle-barries at the dealer's will be so sincere to you, in this case, though, but it never hurts to try.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:27 AM
Fire0nIc3

Originally Posted by jjasonSU
Man.....complain about anything!

Couldn't agree more! Out of every website I've been on, this by far has to be the only forum I see the most complaints on. And they're not even realistic complaints, just stupid things.....like the guy on here complaining his AC was too cold.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:50 AM
Soliditude

Originally Posted by Fire0nIc3
Couldn't agree more! Out of every website I've been on, this by far has to be the only forum I see the most complaints on. And they're not even realistic complaints, just stupid things.....like the guy on here complaining his AC was too cold.

Well, I agree that there are some ridiculous complaints on here, but I beg to differ on this issue. Our family's old '97 Camry has bass stronger than the Bose system in our G's, and the mirror's never shake a bit. So, this coming from an expensive luxury sport coupe is kind of ridiculous at the least. It shouldn't happen, period. How hard can it be not to make the mirror's shaking from the sound of a regular Bose system?
Old 06-28-2011, 07:03 AM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
What kind of music are you listening too? My mirrors shake a little but not to the level you describe. And my side mirrors don't shake at all. I have noticed that my resented will vibrate mire when the temperature rises.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:35 AM
_ant_

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
my mirrors shake a little too but not to the point where it bothers me.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:47 AM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
I'm 52 and it's becoming increasingly hard on my knees to get in and out of my G coupe ... what can the dealer do to fix that?
Old 06-28-2011, 11:59 AM
ImStricken
Former Sponsor

HELP! Having to fuel my car is driving me crazy!
This is ridiculous, the more i drive, the more gas it eats! Driving down the freeway, having fuel in the gas tank become practically useless. it just disappears after 300miles or so! Is there a TSB for this? what can the dealer do about this?

Quick Reply: Help! Vibrating mirrors driving me crazy!