Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

G37s 6MT Sport seats

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 12:47 AM
davelim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37s 6MT Sport seats

I have a '11 G37s 6MT sedan. This car comes with the sport package which includes the sports seats. My question/comment is: what are your opinions regarding the sport seats?
Does it feel too narrow?
In my opinion, the sport seats are way too narrow. I think this is my single biggest complaint regarding the car. The seats are very uncomfortable because of the pressure applied to the thighs. I understand that the reason for the narrowness is to keep the driver in place, however, I find it to be much too narrow. BTW, I am not a large guy, only 6ft tall and 160 pounds.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:00 AM
Gee37S

Give it some time it'll feel comfortable after it stretches into place. I'm 5'10 and 190 lbs and it feels fine now. The first month or so I didn't feel comfortable at all. Make sure you have it set to the widest setting. If I'm not mistaken there are thigh adjustments that you can inflate and deflate.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:12 AM
_ant_

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
i dont have sport seats but i have sat in them and im sure you'll get used to it.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:23 AM
CodeG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The sport seats is my only problem with the car; very uncomfortable due to lack of adjustments. I have to put a seat cushion on it to avoid back pain. When it comes to seat, BMW beat Infinity up and down the block.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:36 AM
Ibanez540r

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Yeah, I kinda agree. I love everything about the sport seats but the width. Even adjusted all the way out, they are still tight. I will say after 2 months of having the car you do get use to it. But, I wish I could adjust it out and then tight when needed.

I think though that all of the positives regarding the sport seats outweigh this negative.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:02 AM
Hapa DC5

All this time I thought it was my fat ***. LoL good thing I'm not alone.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:17 AM
IcebergG

Originally Posted by CodeG
The sport seats is my only problem with the car; very uncomfortable due to lack of adjustments. I have to put a seat cushion on it to avoid back pain. When it comes to seat, BMW beat Infinity up and down the block.
I completely disagree with this. My 335 seats were the same as sitting on concrete! They were fairly flat and narrow, lacking adequate cushioning and constantly gave me back pain. They did, however, have more adjustments than the seats in my G. My G's sport seats have been really comfortable so far, but the 2011 leather is harder than the previous years.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:33 AM
simonsez

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
all your asses are too wide for JDM sports seats lol.
This is Japanese car we are driving take that into consideration. These cars aren't made for big americans!
Old 05-26-2011, 09:40 AM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
This complaint has been voiced before and some people have gone as far as removing the thigh-support bar. I am 5'10" 185lbs and find the seats comfortable.

I also have no problems with seat bubbling. There is a slight crease after a long trip but it goes away quickly.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:21 AM
Jayhawk815

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rks
This complaint has been voiced before and some people have gone as far as removing the thigh-support bar. I am 5'10" 185lbs and find the seats comfortable.

I also have no problems with seat bubbling. There is a slight crease after a long trip but it goes away quickly.
Agreed. This topic has been discussed at great length. I'm 6' and 200 lbs and find the seats very comfortable. Maybe it's time for a few of you guys to drop some weight in the midsection? The one thing I will admit is that the thigh bolsters could be just a tad wider. Normally I'm fine with them, but after a few hours of driving, shifting around a little more would be nice.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:51 PM
Ibanez540r

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Jayhawk815
Agreed. This topic has been discussed at great length. I'm 6' and 200 lbs and find the seats very comfortable. Maybe it's time for a few of you guys to drop some weight in the midsection? The one thing I will admit is that the thigh bolsters could be just a tad wider. Normally I'm fine with them, but after a few hours of driving, shifting around a little more would be nice.
^ That's exactly the point we are discussing, the thigh bolsters being to tight/narrow.

OP said "The seats are very uncomfortable because of the pressure applied to the thighs."
Old 05-26-2011, 04:27 PM
Jayhawk815

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ibanez540r
^ That's exactly the point we are discussing, the thigh bolsters being to tight/narrow.

OP said "The seats are very uncomfortable because of the pressure applied to the thighs."
Yeah, I got that. And I said that generally I find them comfortable.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:01 PM
Damn Dirty Ape

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by CodeG

Each to their own eh? I have mine snugged down so I can pull a 90degree and not move much at all. Love it. Now my wife has bigger hips than I do and she needs to adjust them out a bit, but...

I have not checked yet, but they don't include the seat bolster settings in the 1/2 buttons on the door do they? They should.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:40 PM
CodeG

I removed the metal braces, so space is not a problem. But the seat cushion angled to "look to the sky" position and it is not adjustable, even Hyundai have better seats.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:40 PM
zoner

The seats are the reason I bought the car. Perfect..

Quick Reply: G37s 6MT Sport seats