Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

IPL/Aerodynamic Bumper Swap Idea.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 11:42 AM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
No, Sport skirts are still on. I think skirts will be way down the road, I don't see a huge difference, I'll eventually get them, but I need a mild drop before that and probably wheels and tires as well. Do you guys think I should go DDM Tuning or try out Diode Dynamics? DDM is half the price.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:53 AM
TwoThree

Well did some searching on DDM and I'm getting a no go feeling from what I read on G35 forums. VLEDs or Diode are my choices now I suppose?
Old 02-12-2012, 11:55 AM
sardento

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TwoThree
No, Sport skirts are still on. I think skirts will be way down the road, I don't see a huge difference, I'll eventually get them, but I need a mild drop before that and probably wheels and tires as well. Do you guys think I should go DDM Tuning or try out Diode Dynamics? DDM is half the price.
Ok I like the skirts and they were just delivered so I have all the parts now. Looks like you didn't do the fogs so you didn't have to swap the washer tank? Maybe I'm a novice but what is DDM tuning. We have the same year and model so I'm curious

Thanks
Old 02-12-2012, 11:55 AM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Vleds discontinued their H11 HID kit. I had it and a week later it blew out, they kindly gave me a full refund and reccomended their H11 LED bulbs which i will be installing soon. I think LEDS would be best to eliminate the use of ballast etc. Vleds mentioned more and more reported complaints and issues with their H11 HID kit so they discontinued it.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:19 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Ya, side skirts make a drastic difference in the appearence. When lowered its even better. The stock sport sides will sit even with the aero bumper, once you put the aero sides on that will change. That why I have always said to lower front more when added the aero kit.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:28 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Hey guys another thing, lets not try to go cheap on doing this swap. I understand everyone has a budget, but before Chris aka Breftayka found alternate fog lights for the oems this swap was about 400 more than it is now. I just dont want to start seeing people cutting corners on this, just do it the right way. Buy fogs, pigtail, bumper, washer tank (or leave it without one) and your done....Install it at once and then your done..... Its really up to you but I would rather see something I started be done the right way and not done half azz. Although all your rides look great !! All the info in here is great!
Old 02-12-2012, 12:34 PM
BooSa37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by P Casey
Hey guys another thing, lets not try to go cheap on doing this swap. I understand everyone has a budget, but before Chris aka Breftayka found alternate fog lights for the oems this swap was about 400 more than it is now. I just dont want to start seeing people cutting corners on this, just do it the right way. Buy fogs, pigtail, bumper, washer tank (or leave it without one) and your done....Install it at once and then your done..... Its really up to you but I would rather see something I started be done the right way and not done half azz. Although all your rides look great !! All the info in here is great!
Well said
Old 02-12-2012, 02:24 PM
TwoThree

Thanks Vossen for the heads up about V-LEDs. Just bought my TYC foglight housings, just have order the HID kit. Casey, I'm going to eventually get the Sides, I just feel a drop is needed beforehand.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:32 PM
BlkG-37S

Thanks Vossen for the heads up about V-LEDs. Just bought my TYC foglight housings, just have order the HID kit. Casey, I'm going to eventually get the Sides, I just feel a drop is needed beforehand.
TwoThree, normally I would disagree with this, as I bought the front bumper and sides before dropping my car...but you are on point with this. The sides are different than the OEM Sport's and you can see the difference way more in person. However, after putting these on without dropping the car I can honestly say coilovers should have been done prior. The sides really extend out and if you aren't dropped it really shows. I'm currently waiting on my KW 3's, but I could have waited on the sides since the coil price really tore me up.

Drop the car and then get the sides....you will be golden brother!
Old 02-12-2012, 02:36 PM
TwoThree

IPL sides for sure, but I need a drop first, finishing up order what I need to Install my Fogs, and then saving up for a drop. After that I'll probably do the sides because I know wheels will be a pretty penny.... Maybe Christmas time...
Old 02-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Received 141 Likes on 117 Posts
Feel free to PM me with any questions, thanks guys! -Paul
Old 02-13-2012, 12:30 AM
Tek-C
Registered Member

Originally Posted by VossenG37S
Vleds discontinued their H11 HID kit. I had it and a week later it blew out, they kindly gave me a full refund and reccomended their H11 LED bulbs which i will be installing soon. I think LEDS would be best to eliminate the use of ballast etc. Vleds mentioned more and more reported complaints and issues with their H11 HID kit so they discontinued it.
When did they do this? I just bought a set from them about a month ago.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:53 AM
VossenG37S

About 3-4 weeks ago! Go on there website its no longer available. If I were u I would return for full refund .
Old 02-13-2012, 01:10 AM
TwoThree

I may just give those V-LED, LED fogs a shot.... just worried about the coloring...
Old 02-13-2012, 01:17 AM
VossenG37S

Yeah they offer 5k and 6K only.

Quick Reply: IPL/Aerodynamic Bumper Swap Idea.