Body Interior Exterior Lighting

IPL/Aerodynamic Bumper Swap Idea.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 10:43 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by P Casey
Thats true, but call around to 2nd hand parts stores like orderinfinitiparts.com there are like 5 or 6 stores like them who are sometimes willing to match a price.
2nd hand store? Whats that?

Rick @ Perry Infinit is not far off from orderinfinitiparts.com
He's getting me an Aero bumper.
I just want one to be able to swap!!
Old 02-03-2012, 07:33 AM
TSG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BooSa37
Any dealership will match the price..just tell them infinitiparts has xxx prices can you match it....
dont tell me they are willing to match the front bumper too bc then ill feel stupid for paying for shipping...
Old 02-03-2012, 08:11 PM
TSG37

Done!
Attached Thumbnails IPL/Aerodynamic Bumper Swap Idea.-photo.jpg   IPL/Aerodynamic Bumper Swap Idea.-photo-1-.jpg  
Old 02-04-2012, 12:14 AM
bubba_jones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nick work TS! looks real good! i just put in an order today for the bumper through my local dealer. i provided them with a part # found on orderinfinitiparts and he gave me an est at $488. he's clearly overcharging me approx $50 + tax because MSRP is $399.15. you could say it's for shipping... however i went it because it'll arrive sooner than ordering it from orderinfinitiparts.

i opened a new thread about front license plate holders but no one has replied. i hope to get better luck here. what do you guys plan on doing about adding the license plate?

Mustang Flip Down License Plate Holder - Manual at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

or

Show N Go Retractable License Plate Frame - PFYC.com
Old 02-04-2012, 01:18 AM
BlkG-37S

Originally Posted by TSG37
Done!
I'm glad I painted the chrome fog trim. Looks good my man, but that chrome trim has to go. I just installed my fogs and don't ever plan on using them unless I replace the bulbs. They just look funny to me on...can't explain it.

I do recommend if you have the funds, to invest on the aero sides. They really bring the entire kit together, specifically with the front bumper. Just my .02 cents.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:43 AM
msmching

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BlkG-37S
I'm glad I painted the chrome fog trim. Looks good my man, but that chrome trim has to go. I just installed my fogs and don't ever plan on using them unless I replace the bulbs. They just look funny to me on...can't explain it.

I do recommend if you have the funds, to invest on the aero sides. They really bring the entire kit together, specifically with the front bumper. Just my .02 cents.
No money yet... So I m still sticking with AIT sides
Old 02-04-2012, 07:44 AM
TSG37

Originally Posted by bubba_jones
nick work TS! looks real good!...
...i opened a new thread about front license plate holders but no one has replied. i hope to get better luck here. what do you guys plan on doing about adding the license plate?
Thank you sir! I love it I live in Florida so i dont have to worry about the front license plate but ive seen a one that pops open when the car turns on. Thats the one id buy.

Ill hold off on painting the trim just yet. Im getting the midnight grill and also painting the inside of my headlights so i may want to keep that trim chrome like. I dont want my car to turn into a batmobile with all the black lol. i havent decided on the sides yet...maybe after a drop ill get it. Idk ...Ive seen pictures of the car with the sides and i really like it. Idk if i like it enough for the $500 that ill have to spend.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:23 AM
BlkG-37S

Thank you sir! I love it I live in Florida so i dont have to worry about the front license plate but ive seen a one that pops open when the car turns on. Thats the one id buy.

Ill hold off on painting the trim just yet. Im getting the midnight grill and also painting the inside of my headlights so i may want to keep that trim chrome like. I dont want my car to turn into a batmobile with all the black lol. i havent decided on the sides yet...maybe after a drop ill get it. Idk ...Ive seen pictures of the car with the sides and i really like it. Idk if i like it enough for the $500 that ill have to spend.
I hear ya. My midnight grill is in transit as we speak, but once it arrives and is installed, I'll post pics so you can see what it looks like. I also have a black G. I have the front and side Aero. Nicely done nonetheless! Keep it up.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:55 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by bubba_jones
nick work TS! looks real good! i just put in an order today for the bumper through my local dealer. i provided them with a part # found on orderinfinitiparts and he gave me an est at $488. he's clearly overcharging me approx $50 + tax because MSRP is $399.15. you could say it's for shipping... however i went it because it'll arrive sooner than ordering it from orderinfinitiparts.

i opened a new thread about front license plate holders but no one has replied. i hope to get better luck here. what do you guys plan on doing about adding the license plate?

Mustang Flip Down License Plate Holder - Manual at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

or

Show N Go Retractable License Plate Frame - PFYC.com

Get the mustang flip down plate, I have that now and it works great. I have heard the show and go plate is not so good.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:39 PM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Jayson
Really.............????? you making us all who bought them on orderinfiniti.com feeling dumb right now... how much for the sides, did you ask?
$283 plus tax for a painted IPL front bumper, $472 plus tax for the IPL sides (painted as well) and thats a "kit" which includes both sides.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:42 PM
TwoThree

Where is this dealership?
Napleton Infiniti, Tallahasse Florida. I am in no way affiliated with the dealership, but they have given me excellent prices and have done wonders for me with warranty work. Best dealership I have ever been to. period.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:23 PM
sardento

Originally Posted by P Casey
Get the mustang flip down plate, I have that now and it works great. I have heard the show and go plate is not so good.
P Casey. I'm very interested in the license plate holder that you say you have. Do you have pics? Where do you have it placed? Thanks
Old 02-04-2012, 02:26 PM
sardento

To all: I love this thread! It has been incredibly inspirational and helpful. Before this thread I had not idea the IPL/Aero kit would fit but I'm well on my way to getting it. Thanks everyone for your insight
Old 02-04-2012, 03:01 PM
BlkG-37S

Originally Posted by TwoThree
$283 plus tax for a painted IPL front bumper, $472 plus tax for the IPL sides (painted as well) and thats a "kit" which includes both sides.
TwoThree, you were fortunate to get that pricing from the dealer..I got the sides from the dealer for the same price, but the front bumper he couldn't match. So I ordered the front from orderinfiniti and shipped it to that dealership. Bought the sides, tank, and black fog trim all from the dealer, which they priced matched each part or were cheaper overall. It never hurts to ask your dealer. That's a big sales for them parts guys, if they can match I'm sure they will. Manager couldn't match my front and his price was $1300!! Yikes. Either way, run it by your dealer guys and have them price match orderinfiniti...sides are cheaper from the dealer @$472 than orderinfiniti too...keep that mind
Old 02-05-2012, 12:59 AM
TwoThree

TwoThree, you were fortunate to get that pricing from the dealer..I got the sides from the dealer for the same price, but the front bumper he couldn't match. So I ordered the front from orderinfiniti and shipped it to that dealership. Bought the sides, tank, and black fog trim all from the dealer, which they priced matched each part or were cheaper overall. It never hurts to ask your dealer. That's a big sales for them parts guys, if they can match I'm sure they will. Manager couldn't match my front and his price was $1300!! Yikes. Either way, run it by your dealer guys and have them price match orderinfiniti...sides are cheaper from the dealer @$472 than orderinfiniti too...keep that mind
For sure, I figured it was a shot in the dark, but couldn't hurt asking, so I did, and it worked out great. I figured dealerships wouldn't match the price, but they did, so I just recommend that people ask the dealership before pulling the trigger.

Quick Reply: IPL/Aerodynamic Bumper Swap Idea.