Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

IPL/Aerodynamic Bumper Swap Idea.

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 03:38 PM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
That sale better not end now! Lol! I need a few more weeks until I get mine ordered!

@ msmching

Xentec's are the worst HID kits I've ever used. work great for about 9 months. Then a ballast fails, then a bulb here and there, then another ballast, just horrible quality IMO, good luck with them, maybe they stepped up their game in the last 3 years.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:42 PM
sick6speed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I surprisingly have Xentec HIDs still in my 2004 Accord and they're still running (knock on wood!!!). Same ballasts and bulbs! Installed 2005.

Originally Posted by TwoThree
That sale better not end now! Lol! I need a few more weeks until I get mine ordered!

@ msmching

Xentec's are the worst HID kits I've ever used. work great for about 9 months. Then a ballast fails, then a bulb here and there, then another ballast, just horrible quality IMO, good luck with them, maybe they stepped up their game in the last 3 years.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:48 PM
TwoThree

Nice! Maybe I just had horrible luck? I did headlights and fogs...had 2 bulbs and 3 ballasts out of the 4 go bad within 2 years
Old 01-31-2012, 06:24 PM
msmching

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

@ msmching

haha.... well, I do have xentec HIDs, I used their picture because i search it through yahoo and its the first one that has the thing i talked about. All hid kits come with those little two end wires.

I m trying my luck on the Xentec this time on my G, because they are pretty close to my house, shipping will be fast. (I m always a fan of DDM tuning) But this time, they said it will take them a week to ship the HID to me, and i dont think i ahve the patient to let my new bumper seat there waiting for the kit.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:31 PM
bubba_jones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm curious which bumper to purchase from brad at order infiniti, the unprimed one w/o aero kit or the colored one w/ aero kit. What's in the aero kit?
Old 02-02-2012, 11:09 AM
Chekz

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by bubba_jones
I'm curious which bumper to purchase from brad at order infiniti, the unprimed one w/o aero kit or the colored one w/ aero kit. What's in the aero kit?
That's the I've everybody bought it in here. So the aero is what you want you want to order. Just choose your color and add to cart.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:44 PM
TwoThree

I suggest you guys call your dealership... Ask for the 2011 Aero bumper. I gave him the part number and the parts guy told me it was $399, and then tax... which is just about the same as ordering from OrderInfinitiParts, without dealing with shipping. My parts guy said he can match the price from the site, so its $283 plus tax, $304 and change out the door. 3 days to get it here he said. Ordering mine next week.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:20 PM
misael

Guys I can find the tank for the bumper swap
Old 02-02-2012, 03:51 PM
msmching

Doing the install right now... Sitting by the side waiting for someone to bring the hid kit for the fog...

Note: Realized that if you have Injen CAI, you won't be able to install the aero bumper...
Or you will have to lose washer reservoir. (both injen and oem reservoir...)

For now, I m going to install it without the reservoir. Because I can't even change out the injen and put the oem back because the strut is on the way...
Old 02-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Jayson

I suggest you guys call your dealership... Ask for the 2011 Aero bumper. I gave him the part number and the parts guy told me it was $399, and then tax... which is just about the same as ordering from OrderInfinitiParts, without dealing with shipping. My parts guy said he can match the price from the site, so its $283 plus tax, $304 and change out the door. 3 days to get it here he said. Ordering mine next week.
Really.............????? you making us all who bought them on orderinfiniti.com feeling dumb right now... how much for the sides, did you ask?
Old 02-02-2012, 06:10 PM
misael

Originally Posted by Jayson
Really.............????? you making us all who bought them on orderinfiniti.com feeling dumb right now... how much for the sides, did you ask?
I just called my local dealer, the guy said $470 per side
$1165.00 for the ipl bumper (painted)
$399.00 regular bumper (not painted)
Old 02-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Jayson

watt PER SIDE!!!? or a both sides LOL

Correct me if im wrong, I'll call the local dealer to ask this# G68E0-JL21A

K52 - Blue Slate IPL/Aero Side Skits
Old 02-02-2012, 06:27 PM
msmching

Might as well add a few points for people doing the install....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1. Make sure all the hardwares for the front bumper are in your hand!. (I didn't, because i had AIT front, every brackets were taken off)... Currently has missing one bracket.

2. If you have Injen CAI, You'll HAVE to take out the Washer reservoir that came with the CAI or it won't fit at all.

3. If you are running 4 HID fog lights... get a relay to be safe!!!

4. Common sense, careful of scratching your side bumper with the fender.. (BUT, i m stupid enough not to do it and i scratched it.)

5. If you're like me, coming from a AIT TS Face bumper, the IPL bumper will make the front a little higher.

6. If you're running HIDS on the fog, you DON'T need to buy the H11 pigtail connector. Use the one that came with the HID kit.

7. I didn't know how, but i broke my radiator cover (Cracked)... Just be careful with it too...

8. Don't work on your car in your apartment's Parking lot... You'll get kicked out like me... lol. (I didnt know we are not allowed to work in the parking lot IN your apartment's area...==)

Last edited by msmching; 02-03-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:29 PM
msmching

When ordering the bumpers, give them the part number you found on orders infiniti.com...

And tell the dealer that its under IPL accessories... If you ask them "How much is the bumper for the IPL, they will tell you the one for $1000+... So get the part number.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:40 PM
misael

Originally Posted by Jayson
watt PER SIDE!!!? or a both sides LOL

Correct me if im wrong, I'll call the local dealer to ask this# G68E0-JL21A

K52 - Blue Slate IPL/Aero Side Skits
Lol $470. Each!!!

Quick Reply: IPL/Aerodynamic Bumper Swap Idea.