Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

IPL/Aerodynamic Bumper Swap Idea.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 10:10 PM
BlkG-37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BooSa37
^^i told you, brad told me personally the vents without the holes were not sold separately. You either need to search on eBay or yunk yard.
Well, that sucks. Wish I knew that prior before ordering everything. Guess I'll have to fork more cash and buy all the fog light parts since going non-fog will be difficult. Sigh...

Thanks for the info BooSa.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:19 PM
sick6speed

I'm still stumped. It looks like something that might belong to the bumper b/c there's a "RH" "LH" part....does anyone know what these are for?

Originally Posted by sick6speed
Hey guys,

Just got my bumper in. Give a call and make sure you talk to Glenn...great guy and he will always return voicemails!

2 thinkgs: I got the bumper in MW...should I black out that chrome around the foglights? I know it stands out a lot on the other colors but it really blends in w/the white. I've already gotten a blacked out grill w/white emblem (180 custom) but my rims are black w/polished lip.

Also...all the extra parts that came w/the washer tank...do I need all that? Looks like 2 black strips and another piece. I thought it was just unscrew one tank and put the other one in. Haven't had a chance to pull the car apart yet. Just wanted a heads up before I do.

Thanks!
Old 01-24-2012, 10:23 PM
BooSa37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BlkG-37S
Well, that sucks. Wish I knew that prior before ordering everything. Guess I'll have to fork more cash and buy all the fog light parts since going non-fog will be difficult. Sigh...

Thanks for the info BooSa.

Yea bro I was on the same boat as you when I decided to do the swap. Trust me is better to have the fogs.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:25 PM
BooSa37

I'm still stumped. It looks like something that might belong to the bumper b/c there's a "RH" "LH" part....does anyone know what these are for?

That's the front tag bracket. N the other two parts are small splash guards, goes under the bumper somewhere. I didn't bother to install, I don't think nobody has.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:41 PM
BlkG-37S

Originally Posted by BooSa37
Yea bro I was on the same boat as you when I decided to do the swap. Trust me is better to have the fogs.
BooSa, could post a final reply on the additional parts I'll need to complete the swap and where you personally purchased them? I currently have the front bumper, IPL sides, and black replacement rings.

I know I'll need the washer tank and fog lights, where did you purchase them? Also, do I need to order anything else in additional, wiring, brackets, etc? I want to order the remaining parts and be done with this. Let me know and all your input is very much appreciated. Thanks again.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:53 PM
Trunks333

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
BooSa, could post a final reply on the additional parts I'll need to complete the swap and where you personally purchased them? I currently have the front bumper, IPL sides, and black replacement rings.

I know I'll need the washer tank and fog lights, where did you purchase them? Also, do I need to order anything else in additional, wiring, brackets, etc? I want to order the remaining parts and be done with this. Let me know and all your input is very much appreciated. Thanks again.

1) Fogs

Left and Right

Amazon.com: TYC 19-5720-00 Nissan Sentra Driver Side Replacement Fog Light: Automotive

Amazon.com: TYC 19-5719-00 Nissan Sentra Passenger Side Replacement Fog Light: Automotive

2) Washer Tank

Infiniti parts

3) Pigtails for the H11 Foglights

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
Old 01-24-2012, 11:21 PM
BlkG-37S

Trunks!!! Super clutch of you my man. Thanks for feedback and links. I needed hand holding, so I appreciate it. Going to place orders now. Thanks again bud.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:32 PM
Trunks333

Np.

Do you want to also use your original fogs? 4 foglights? If not, all you need to do is cut the wires going into your headlight fogs, then connect them to the ends of the pig tails.
Here is an image of the back of the headlight. You need to cut the wires in the blue circle, connect black to black, blue to yellow (From the pigtails).

Name:  IMG_0333-color.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  59.1 KB
Old 01-24-2012, 11:39 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts

I have a DIY on wiring if you want to do it right:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...rt-bumper.html

The fog lights are the same, as is the wiring.

Part #s are included.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:47 PM
BlkG-37S

Originally Posted by Trunks333
Np.

Do you want to also use your original fogs? 4 foglights? If not, all you need to do is cut the wires going into your headlight fogs, then connect them to the ends of the pig tails.
Here is an image of the back of the headlight. You need to cut the wires in the blue circle, connect black to black, blue to yellow (From the pigtails).

Trunks, I bought all the parts you posted...literally. I have an 08 with no fogs. You sure this wiring harness is all ill need to connect and run the fogs?
Old 01-24-2012, 11:51 PM
Trunks333

Your 08 has fog lights. They are integrated into your headlight. They are not separate like on 2010+ coupes. The blue circle in the picture is where the headlight fog is located. All you need to do is cut the wires and connect them to the fogs on the bumper via the pigtails.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:58 PM
BlkG-37S

Originally Posted by Trunks333
Your 08 has fog lights. They are integrated into your headlight. They are not separate like on 2010+ coupes. The blue circle in the picture is where the headlight fog is located. All you need to do is cut the wires and connect them to the fogs on the bumper via the pigtails.
Got it. Learned something else about my car today. Didn't know they were intergrated into my head lights in he 08.. How would I activate the fogs? Will they turn on every time I turn my head lights on or can I have them run separately? Seems easy enough to install, thanks that to illustration.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:06 AM
Trunks333

Fog light switch. Its a switch you turn right next to the headlight switch.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:00 AM
hywel

So there's the front license plate bracket, and the two plastic strips go to fill the gap that now shows between the wheel liner and the edge of the bumper because the aero bumper is wider on the bottom than the sport. There's a noticeable gap on the bottom if you don't install these. I wasn't going to install them myself as messing with the templates was a pain, but when I was done with installing the bumper and noticed the gap, my OCD just wouldn't let it go ... had to do them. It took all of 5 minutes though, and I didn't use the templates, just snugged the plastic fillers up to the bumper edge and drilled the four or five holes through the filler. Easy.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:31 AM
BooSa37

Originally Posted by hywel
So there's the front license plate bracket, and the two plastic strips go to fill the gap that now shows between the wheel liner and the edge of the bumper because the aero bumper is wider on the bottom than the sport. There's a noticeable gap on the bottom if you don't install these. I wasn't going to install them myself as messing with the templates was a pain, but when I was done with installing the bumper and noticed the gap, my OCD just wouldn't let it go ... had to do them. It took all of 5 minutes though, and I didn't use the templates, just snugged the plastic fillers up to the bumper edge and drilled the four or five holes through the filler. Easy.
Explain this further? Can this be installed with the bumper already mounted? A pic of the final product will help. Thanks

Quick Reply: IPL/Aerodynamic Bumper Swap Idea.