Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

IPL/Aerodynamic Bumper Swap Idea.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 03:29 PM
biron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BlkG-37S
BooSa, thanks for the quick hit back my man. Wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy the inserts separate to avoid buying all the parts for the fogs? And in regards to the bumper, I guess what confused me was were people buying the "Aero" or the "IPL" front bumper? I have a OB G37 so based on this thread it will have to be painted if I buy the IPL correct? I am going to look to purchase this now, but wanted to make sure I was on the same page with everyone. So, it would be the IPL front bumper and side skirts and not the Aero right and it will need to be painted? Damn, why am I so retarded....thanks for the help fellas'
The only difference between the IPL and Aero is the chrome ring that the Aero has. Other than that, they're the same thing. Just purchase a black Aero to avoid repainting the whole bumper. Contact Brad, he'll be able to help you out.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:30 PM
BooSa37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by biron
The only difference between the IPL and Aero is the chrome ring that the Aero has. Other than that, they're the same thing. Just purchase a black Aero to avoid repainting the whole bumper. Contact Brad, he'll be able to help you out.
What he said!!
Old 01-15-2012, 04:34 PM
BlkG-37S

Originally Posted by biron
Awesome. I'll contact him first thing tomorrow. I guess the only issue I will have that I have yet to see solved on here is buying the faux vents to cover the damn fog light holes. I do not want fogs, so I guess buying these vents will be difficult according to BooSa. I'll run it by Brad tomorrow. Thanks for all the advice guys.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:11 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Awesome. I'll contact him first thing tomorrow. I guess the only issue I will have that I have yet to see solved on here is buying the faux vents to cover the damn fog light holes. I do not want fogs, so I guess buying these vents will be difficult according to BooSa. I'll run it by Brad tomorrow. Thanks for all the advice guys.
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
Old 01-15-2012, 05:41 PM
BooSa37

^^good find. But the listing had ended already BlkG hope it was u who bought the item
Old 01-15-2012, 06:07 PM
BlkG-37S

Ah!!! Wasn't me. The search continues...
Old 01-15-2012, 08:23 PM
nukee26

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by weiRDwei
what position in line were you ?
No idea in all honesty. I'm not planning to install until sometime in March once the cold weather and snow is behind us, so I never cared too much about how quickly I got it.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:48 PM
bluntz617
Banned

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Can someone please let me know if this deal is still running. I need to get this Bumper but have to wait till to the end of the month before i can purchase.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:19 PM
j23a45m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bluntz617
Can someone please let me know if this deal is still running. I need to get this Bumper but have to wait till to the end of the month before i can purchase.
Go to the website it's still up but says price can change at anytime without notice
Old 01-16-2012, 06:08 PM
BlkG-37S

Just an FYI for everyone..Brad is no longer employed at orderinfinitiparts.com. I believe Jayme was the dude that helped me out. I don't know if somebody already mentioned this within the thread, but below are the part #'s I received today for the bumper, side skirts, and replacement vents for those going the non fog light route:

KH3: IPL front bumper $283 and change
G68E0JL27B: side skirts $522.50 for the set
F22571A39A: replacement fog vent left $69.38
F22561A39A: replacement fog vent right $69.38

Hope this helps.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:19 PM
BooSa37

^^nice. Damn I wonder what happened with Brad he was a cool dude.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:53 PM
BlkG-37S

Originally Posted by BooSa37
^^nice. Damn I wonder what happened with Brad he was a cool dude.
BooSa, quick question for you bud or opinion. I'm on the fence on buying the side skirts to match and want to know what you think. You think just buying the front bumper with stock side skirts would look clean, or would purchasing the IPL sides visually look more appealing. I know looks are subjective, I just don't want to have my car all "body kitted" up. The stock sides are clean and not bulky, but the more I see the IPL sides, the more I'm tempted to pull the trigger. What do you think? Will adding the sides destroy the clean lines of the G and make it look like a bodykitted G driven by a 16 year old? Hope that makes sense.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:00 PM
BooSa37

BooSa, quick question for you bud or opinion. I'm on the fence on buying the side skirts to match and want to know what you think. You think just buying the front bumper with stock side skirts would look clean, or would purchasing the IPL sides visually look more appealing. I know looks are subjective, I just don't want to have my car all "body kitted" up. The stock sides are clean and not bulky, but the more I see the IPL sides, the more I'm tempted to pull the trigger. What do you think? Will adding the sides destroy the clean lines of the G and make it look like a bodykitted G driven by a 16 year old? Hope that makes sense.
Definitely get the side skirts, it adds a meaner look to the G. I didn't get the sides bc it doesn't come painted on my color "PG" so for me I have to go that extra step in getting them painted etc. So I opted to not get them at least for now, after I get my wheels I will determine if sides are a must or not. So, yea get them bc all you have to do is mount on your G.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:21 PM
BlkG-37S

Originally Posted by BooSa37
Definitely get the side skirts, it adds a meaner look to the G. I didn't get the sides bc it doesn't come painted on my color "PG" so for me I have to go that extra step in getting them painted etc. So I opted to not get them at least for now, after I get my wheels I will determine if sides are a must or not. So, yea get them bc all you have to do is mount on your G.
Ahhhh! Decisions!! I have stock wheels and I am not lowered (yet) so I'm thinking the sides might make the car look to bulky or make the appearance of the wheels looking "sucked in." I'll figure it out. Thanks for the advice.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:39 PM
BooSa37

Ahhhh! Decisions!! I have stock wheels and I am not lowered (yet) so I'm thinking the sides might make the car look to bulky or make the appearance of the wheels looking "sucked in." I'll figure it out. Thanks for the advice.
Definitely lower your G ASAP man. I think that's the first mod G owners should do.

Quick Reply: IPL/Aerodynamic Bumper Swap Idea.