Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

IPL/Aerodynamic Bumper Swap Idea.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 04:58 PM
second2none

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Waiting for my pig tails to come in and my aero swap will be complete.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:57 AM
BlueBert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So i have an 08 non sport and my fog lights are in the headlights. Wanted to know what people in the same situation are doing when they add the bottom fogs...are you taking out the bulb of the headlight fogs or what are you running everything? Also, with this conversion, anybody running into any electrical problems having the installed fogs wired with the headlights?

I know this info is probably somewhere in this thread, but looking for a quick answer if anyone could help.

MUCH APPRECIATED!
Old 10-01-2012, 01:18 AM
G37fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueBert
So i have an 08 non sport and my fog lights are in the headlights. Wanted to know what people in the same situation are doing when they add the bottom fogs...are you taking out the bulb of the headlight fogs or what are you running everything? Also, with this conversion, anybody running into any electrical problems having the installed fogs wired with the headlights?

I know this info is probably somewhere in this thread, but looking for a quick answer if anyone could help.

MUCH APPRECIATED!

same question i had too don't worry repeating something only helps someone else!
Old 10-01-2012, 11:48 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueBert

MUCH APPRECIATED!
I have a DIY in the DIY section,
https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...rt-bumper.html
Old 10-01-2012, 03:35 PM
second2none

I looked at that diy. Do you guys t tap the drl light or the actually hid?

Last edited by second2none; 10-01-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:54 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
My DIY might not be the easiest solution, but it won't cause issues with any other circuit.
Its completely isolated, I only tap into the marker lights to trigger the relay, the switch turns it on, and the main 12V is isolated in the relay.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:02 PM
second2none

Originally Posted by TVPostSound
My DIY might not be the easiest solution, but it won't cause issues with any other circuit.
Its completely isolated, I only tap into the marker lights to trigger the relay, the switch turns it on, and the main 12V is isolated in the relay.
Makes sense and thanks for the writeup.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Zod

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looking to purchase entire Aero body kit. Orderinfinitiparts.com and Sewell still best deal?
Old 10-03-2012, 02:25 PM
j23a45m

Originally Posted by Zod
Looking to purchase entire Aero body kit. Orderinfinitiparts.com and Sewell still best deal?
yes both have great deals
Old 10-03-2012, 05:48 PM
Zod

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by j23a45m
yes both have great deals
Thanks just got my side skirts and rear bumper from Sewell. Great price.

I think their rear bumper just dropped from about $1000 to $400. Painted.

Found a painted (black KH3) front bumper on ebay for $500, new.

On another note, I also have the fogs built into the main headlights in my 09 G37S. If I buy aftermarket fogs for the bottom of the aero bumper, say Xenon 6000k, I won't need any other parts (pigtails, etc) to make it fit correct?
Old 10-03-2012, 06:31 PM
dvt

Hey guys, im a proud new owner of the 08 g37s for less than a month. Im super excited in modding my lovely G, and I've been online and read tons of useful threads here on myg37. This forums is freaking awesome!
**** happened last week when my neighbor backed up and bumped into my G. The front bumper's cracked and paint falling off all over the place. F*** that sh*t, but then it's my chance to upgrade my baby. So now i have insurance cover for that damage, and im so looking into swapping it to the Aero IPL bumper.

The body shop i went to claimed 1000$ from the insurance, and that was for changing to a refurbished bumper for my car (275$ part) and 700$ labor of paint, refinish, touch up etc and put the bumper back to the car. Damn they r expensive, but im not paying so whatever.

So I read like almost all of the 115 pages here, but im still a lil bit confused about this swap. I know that from orderinfinitiparts.com, it's 283$ + shipping for the bumper, come painted in my case vibrant red. but is there any additional preparation for the bumper? How much would it be to get the fog lights? what about the washer reservoir if i dont want it?

Im trying to get as much done as possible from the body shop, without taking the money out of my pocket. So what expense can i cross out of the estimate, and what cost will i be expecting to hike up from the shop?

Im totally newb here, any help would be greatly appreciated. And im looking forward to make more friends that would exchange the modding experience to our beloved G too.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:33 PM
second2none

Most of the info is in this thread. Some of it is in the first post. Pigtails, washer bottle, two h11 bulbs, foglight housing. Foglight housing and pigtails can be bought from rock auto. Washer bottle from orderinfinitiparts. H11 bulbs can be bought from autostore. Hopefully you don't have any damage beneath the bumper.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:23 AM
dvt

Originally Posted by second2none
Most of the info is in this thread. Some of it is in the first post. Pigtails, washer bottle, two h11 bulbs, foglight housing. Foglight housing and pigtails can be bought from rock auto. Washer bottle from orderinfinitiparts. H11 bulbs can be bought from autostore. Hopefully you don't havel any damage beneath the bumper.

thanks for your quick reply, btw do you think the foglight installation will be complicated? Would it be better if i just let them install the new bumper with the slim washer, and DIY later for the fog, just to save myself some hundreds?

any other thoughts on the bodyshop estimation?

Last edited by dvt; 10-04-2012 at 05:08 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Topher9425
Premier Member

Received 122 Likes on 115 Posts
Just ordered my Aero bumper in KH3.....wasnt fond of the IPL vents with fog lights in them, prefer the cleaner look of non-fogs.

Been on the fence for awhile about getting an aero front, was gonna go Stillen splitter on my sport bumper, but then I said hell with it, time to join the band wagon! lol
Old 10-10-2012, 02:08 PM
marcelo19lp
Registered Member

When you guys didnt run the fog lights. What part or name is it called to cover the hole from order infinti parts IPL bumper to cover the hole in the fog lights?

Quick Reply: IPL/Aerodynamic Bumper Swap Idea.