Body Interior Exterior Lighting

IPL/Aerodynamic Bumper Swap Idea.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 12:51 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by Gville37

8am- Infiniti Dealership-was quoted 500+ dollars for entire install----i laughed and told him the basic scenario of how to install the parts(thanks to this informative thread ive read over and over again----SAID forget it and left but not without a somewhat aggressive argument and obvious disagreement on the simplicity of the install

900am-Nissan Dealership(where dad gets work done on GTR)-spoke to there 'Go 2 Guy'-very helpful and recommended two body paint and repair shops

930am-Rick Body Paint Repair- nice place to work with and were happy to see parts were factory fitment,etc.--quoted 328 USD BUT install wouldnt be looked at till next Monday(AFTER ZDAYZ)

10am- Riverfront Paint, Body, Collision Shop- amazing waiting area(no joke), some nice female eye candy, very professional and friendly,talked to Ryan and Steve, mechanics, who checked out the parts and install procedures--basically verbally confirmed everything found on this Forum-----QUOTED $184 and done by tomorrow evening(they are really busy...but they knew i had Zdayz....)

****car is now chilling at Riverfront hoping the install goes great and there are no issues....if **** happens with more nuts and bolts needed i dont see this going over 250 bucks-----which to me isnt bad to get it done by a professional****

(by far my longest post to date)

Good deal!!!
I did these my self. The front bumper takes an hour, the sills 45 minutes, the rear bumper, 2 hours due to removing the tailights, reinstalling the parking sensors, and trying to reinstall the trunk upholstery properly!!

$328 is the fairest quote, at $184, someone is going to eat a little crow!!
Old 05-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Gville37

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No rear bumper. But again insurance for me and plus I have no tools here with me so biting the bullet on this one.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:27 PM
BlkG-37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TVPostSound
Good deal!!!
I did these my self. The front bumper takes an hour, the sills 45 minutes, the rear bumper, 2 hours due to removing the tailights, reinstalling the parking sensors, and trying to reinstall the trunk upholstery properly!!

2 hours for the rear bumper??? That means 4 hours for me than. I assumed the rear would be pretty basic. Not looking forward to this...

You my friend are an install champ. It took a professional at my body shop over 2 hours just to remove the bumper and install the washer tank. He knew what he was doing too..
Old 05-15-2012, 10:57 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Originally Posted by BlkG-37S
2 hours for the rear bumper??? That means 4 hours for me than. I assumed the rear would be pretty basic. Not looking forward to this...

You my friend are an install champ. It took a professional at my body shop over 2 hours just to remove the bumper and install the washer tank. He knew what he was doing too..
The rear bumper itself was not hard. It was removing the taillights, while not breaking the outer pins. The instructions says to wedge between the quarter panel and lamp, I spent a lot of time just trying to wiggle them loose!!
Also reinstalling the trunk lining was a bitch, drooped a push pin, fell under the amplifier section!!!

The front bumper, I have had that thing off at least 3 times before, so it was easier!!
Old 05-16-2012, 05:30 PM
Gville37

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TVPostSound
Good deal!!!

well...to nobody's surprise tvpostsound...right again..price jumped up but no biggie

just picked the car up from the body shop. total price turned out to be $376....i wasnt totally shocked because I initially thought 184 was on the low side for the majority of shops. I was hoping to keep it below 300 but its all good...i wont be losing sleep over this. At 376 everything was installed (to my knowledge so far 1hr after getting it back) perfectly. The service guys seemed very knowledgable on the install process and were very impressed with the overall NEW look.

-- YES 376 is a lot of dinero BUT...time crunch for Zdayz, professional install, HID kit wiring took some time(which I anticipated), the guy went ahead and did some headlight restoration for me on the passenger side----> which i was gonna get done later this month...so i was kinda pumped to see that had been done without asking.

-- YES @ my current settings my rear is lower than the front . side skirts to ground= 1 iphone straight up, front bumper= 1 iphone + 2 fingers

--YES i will be changing the settings to make it look better like BooSa---great set up btw

-- YES i have stock wheels and it it looks like a matchbox on wheels---sadly I dont think I will be able to get my Vossen Wheels this year and will have to go with spacers for the time being.------> unless Diego uses his wonderful marketing skills to persuade my Pops at Zdays into giving me an early bday present hahah

observations:
-i have to step a little further when getting out of the car as to not hit side skirt...no big deal AT ALL
-front end certainly looks more aggressive
-the fog lights and the general aero kit keep the look of the G with current style of todays cars IMO....more up to date now
-i had 6000k lights put in the headlights and fog lights which look BEAST...from what i can tell in garage

YES YES and YES again I will post pics as soon as possible. I will likely be creating an album on my profile that will have before after pics and maybe post a vid if can figure that out.

now off to clean the car, pack for zdayz, and hopefully give back to the forum with some pics.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:45 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I know it has been covered several times but I dont want to look through 100+ pages to find it. Can someone give me all the parts and part #'s for the fogs? I have an 08.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:48 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Kidcane
I know it has been covered several times but I dont want to look through 100+ pages to find it. Can someone give me all the parts and part #'s for the fogs? I have an 08.
Fogs to retrofit an 08 bumper, or an IPL bumper on an 08??
Old 06-15-2012, 11:01 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Sorry, should have been more clear. Fogs and parts to fit IPL/Aero bumper.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:05 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Once someone posts parts I'll update page 1 with all info. I probably should of done that a while ago.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:14 AM
Trininav

Here ya go..

TYC 19-5916-00 Nissan Sentra Driver Side Replacement Fog Light

TYC 19-5915-00 Nissan Sentra Passenger Side Replacement Fog Light
Old 06-15-2012, 11:30 AM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Here are the foglights and wiring part numbers.

1. Go to rockauto.com
2. Enter the part numbers
3. Buy them
4. Wait on them to arrive in the mail
5. ..........
6. Profit

Part numbers are:

Fogs:

Wire harness:
PT189 (you need 2)
Old 06-15-2012, 01:04 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Thanks guyz!
Old 06-18-2012, 12:32 AM
LftSdDrv

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've looked through this thread a couple times and can't confirm whether the 2010 grill inserts fit or don't on the aero bumper. In the first post P Casey says you can try the inserts.

If it does fit could someone post up a part number...

thanks
Old 06-18-2012, 01:40 AM
KevinBrown
Registered Member

Looking at Infiniti parts I see that it has all three lower inserts but doesn't have fog lamps. My 2011 has the sport nose and fog lamps already. Are the lamps (pigtails, etc) direct swaps? And the grill?

IOW, can I get the nose per the link above, take it to a body shop and not need to buy anything else? That's the impression I'm getting from the thread.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:22 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Originally Posted by KevinBrown
Looking at Infiniti parts I see that it has all three lower inserts but doesn't have fog lamps. My 2011 has the sport nose and fog lamps already. Are the lamps (pigtails, etc) direct swaps? And the grill?

IOW, can I get the nose per the link above, take it to a body shop and not need to buy anything else? That's the impression I'm getting from the thread.

Fogs, and pigs will swap.

Thats all you'll need, you don't even need a body shop. Just a 1/4" drive ratchet, and metric sockets.

Quick Reply: IPL/Aerodynamic Bumper Swap Idea.