Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

IPL/Aerodynamic Bumper Swap Idea.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 07:25 PM
BlkG-37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GVille! The next month is goin to be brutal on my wallet. I'm looking to get the rear Aero and CV3's by mid June. I feel I can get away from buying the rear, but this mod bug has bit me hard...I really need to stop.

Was hoping people would convine me the Aero Rear is hideous lol! You going to the Vossen meet end of month down here in SoFLa?
Old 05-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Gville37

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^PM sent.

BTW just another shout out to Boosa, PCasey, Vossen Wheels, TVPostSound, and all the other guys who helped with this Aero Kit Business. I, as well as many others, have had many questions,concerns, and just want to make sure we get it right the first time.

Thanks again yall for your help.

Gville+all other noobs PMing the **** outta yall
Old 05-11-2012, 02:02 AM
BH818

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
price is going up no more $300 lol
Old 05-11-2012, 09:24 AM
BooSa37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Gville37
^^PM sent.

BTW just another shout out to Boosa, PCasey, Vossen Wheels, TVPostSound, and all the other guys who helped with this Aero Kit Business. I, as well as many others, have had many questions,concerns, and just want to make sure we get it right the first time.

Thanks again yall for your help.

Gville+all other noobs PMing the **** outta yall
No problem bro, can't wait to see pics after the install
Old 05-11-2012, 10:05 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by BlkG-37S
GVille! I feel I can get away from buying the rear, but this mod bug has bit me hard...I really need to stop.

Was hoping people would convine me the Aero Rear is hideous lol! You going to the Vossen meet end of month down here in SoFLa?
I though I could get away too!!
But damn, that rear completes the car!!!
A 370Z actually backed down in the twisties, just to look at the back!!
Old 05-14-2012, 11:37 AM
Trininav

Waiting on my Front Bumper ..excited!
Old 05-14-2012, 11:49 AM
DashKid
Banned

Me to but look at this ****. Suppose to be in today or tomorrow but been pushed back to the 4th of june. WTF.

A reply has been sent.

To view your reply, Goto GRUBBS INFINITI, LTD. and login, then Click on "Your Account", then "Messages".
Username:
================================================== =================
Daniel, well it isn't good news, these are national back ordered, and we are 7th on the list to get one, Nissan said we would see it June 4th,
Old 05-14-2012, 03:55 PM
Trininav

It HAS ARRIVED!!
Old 05-14-2012, 04:03 PM
Gville37

Originally Posted by Trininav
It HAS ARRIVED!!
awww yeaaa. getting my installed tomorrow
Old 05-14-2012, 05:35 PM
frty9rsfn

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
awww yeaaa. getting my installed tomorrow
awesome man!! in for the installed pics...

i have my front and sides at the shop getting them color matched IP... i have my fogs, new reservoir, and HID's as well... cant wait for this weekend...!!
Old 05-15-2012, 09:12 AM
BlkG-37S

Ordered the IPL/Aero rear from my local dealer, who gave me a huge discount for repeated business. Should be in Thursday, which will complete the kit.

Shout out to Diego @ Vossen for pushing and selling me on the rear. My wallet hates you, but I know my car will look stellar! As Gville mentioned...big shout for everyone on this forum chiming in and making things happen for us. PCasey, I would have been stuck deciding on a sweet $1500+ front Aero bumper right now if it wasn't for you months ago. Appreciate it bud.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:58 AM
Gville37

quick update of my morning so far:

Install needed: aero side skirts, front aero bumper, fog lamps, hid fog light kit, change out headlight bulbs, slim washer resevour
-all parts factory painted
-all parts labeled and packed perfectly
-all parts for most part plug in play EXCEPT hid kit which will need some attention(more time)

8am- Infiniti Dealership-was quoted 500+ dollars for entire install----i laughed and told him the basic scenario of how to install the parts(thanks to this informative thread ive read over and over again----SAID forget it and left but not without a somewhat aggressive argument and obvious disagreement on the simplicity of the install

900am-Nissan Dealership(where dad gets work done on GTR)-spoke to there 'Go 2 Guy'-very helpful and recommended two body paint and repair shops

930am-Rick Body Paint Repair- nice place to work with and were happy to see parts were factory fitment,etc.--quoted 328 USD BUT install wouldnt be looked at till next Monday(AFTER ZDAYZ)

10am- Riverfront Paint, Body, Collision Shop- amazing waiting area(no joke), some nice female eye candy, very professional and friendly,talked to Ryan and Steve, mechanics, who checked out the parts and install procedures--basically verbally confirmed everything found on this Forum-----QUOTED $184 and done by tomorrow evening(they are really busy...but they knew i had Zdayz....)

****car is now chilling at Riverfront hoping the install goes great and there are no issues....if **** happens with more nuts and bolts needed i dont see this going over 250 bucks-----which to me isnt bad to get it done by a professional****

Literally running around to get stuff ready for Zdayz here boys. I am hoping everything runs smoothly and I dont get a phone call saying I am ****** six ways to Sunday.

I got the Adrenaline pumping and car mania going on at the house.

----moral of the story----check out multiple places(its worth it) and dealerships...basically...are off my contact list for anything. I understand they, the dealership, has 'specific' guidelines to follow...but damn son 500+...I about threw up my breakfast.

Well I am done informing the forum and venting about my exciting morning. I will keep everyone posted.

(by far my longest post to date)

Last edited by Gville37; 05-15-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:31 AM
BlkG-37S

My dealer (where I purchased my Aero sides for cheap) wanted $400 just to install the front and sides. I paid $185 for the installation of both at a local body shop...which by the way is a great price because of the labor involved with the front.

Gville: If you were quoted $185 to install everything you mentioned..that's a sweet deal! Post pics man... I'm pumped for you.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:12 PM
frty9rsfn

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
quick update of my morning so far:

Install needed: aero side skirts, front aero bumper, fog lamps, hid fog light kit, change out headlight bulbs, slim washer resevour
-all parts factory painted
-all parts labeled and packed perfectly
-all parts for most part plug in play EXCEPT hid kit which will need some attention(more time)

8am- Infiniti Dealership-was quoted 500+ dollars for entire install----i laughed and told him the basic scenario of how to install the parts(thanks to this informative thread ive read over and over again----SAID forget it and left but not without a somewhat aggressive argument and obvious disagreement on the simplicity of the install

900am-Nissan Dealership(where dad gets work done on GTR)-spoke to there 'Go 2 Guy'-very helpful and recommended two body paint and repair shops

930am-Rick Body Paint Repair- nice place to work with and were happy to see parts were factory fitment,etc.--quoted 328 USD BUT install wouldnt be looked at till next Monday(AFTER ZDAYZ)

10am- Riverfront Paint, Body, Collision Shop- amazing waiting area(no joke), some nice female eye candy, very professional and friendly,talked to Ryan and Steve, mechanics, who checked out the parts and install procedures--basically verbally confirmed everything found on this Forum-----QUOTED $184 and done by tomorrow evening(they are really busy...but they knew i had Zdayz....)

****car is now chilling at Riverfront hoping the install goes great and there are no issues....if **** happens with more nuts and bolts needed i dont see this going over 250 bucks-----which to me isnt bad to get it done by a professional****

Literally running around to get stuff ready for Zdayz here boys. I am hoping everything runs smoothly and I dont get a phone call saying I am ****** six ways to Sunday.

I got the Adrenaline pumping and car mania going on at the house.

----morale of the story----check out multiple places(its worth it) and dealerships...basically...are off my contact list for anything. I understand they, the dealership has 'specific' guidelines to follow...but damn son 500+...I about threw up my breakfast.

Well I am done informing the forum and venting about my exciting morning. I will keep everyone posted.

(by far my longest post to date)
you are as excited as i am..
congrats on getting the kit in your hands bro!! Damn, $500 is def insane... ...but as you know, they have rules and guidelines to follow... dealership quoted me under $200 for the front and sides installation though... mission to get to this location though and would rather pay a little extra then do the drive...haha... gonna do own install... you couldve installed this yourself brotha... lol... congrats again...

hey, post pics when set and done...

Motion Autoshow in Long Beach is this Sunday and it looks like im not gonna be able to make it... really tried to get this set and done with by this Saturday but its too tight with the timing... ... sucks since i had to get both front and sides painted...
Old 05-15-2012, 12:44 PM
Gville37

Yea install is straight forward. Pretty much paying a premium for electrical wiring for hids. Its expensive insurance for my potential dumbass mistakes hahah.I still feel relieved I only paid 283 vs 1500 for bumper. So I can't complain -----for me that is.

Quick Reply: IPL/Aerodynamic Bumper Swap Idea.