Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

black infiniti badge

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 03:05 PM
like_a_g37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
black infiniti badge

Is anyone here sporting a black infinti badge on their G?

I'd like to see how that looks - especially black-on-black.

I saw a pic on the web of a silver G with a black emblem.

I think the black emblem will look best on a black car - more of a stealth effect.

Also, the OEM silver badge just seems a bit too shiny and bulky. The badge in black plays these problems down I think and actually makes the badge look cooler IMO.

So has anyone here put a black badge on the back of their black G? If so then please post pics!
Old 03-12-2011, 03:44 PM
mystakin
Registered Member

idk if anyone offers black badges, but many people have plasti-dipped their badges. honestly, idk why you would do it on a black car. if you want the entire back to be black, why not just debadge? i feel black emblems on black cars just looks ghetto. but thats just me
Old 03-12-2011, 04:01 PM
like_a_g37

Originally Posted by mystakin
idk if anyone offers black badges, but many people have plasti-dipped their badges. honestly, idk why you would do it on a black car. if you want the entire back to be black, why not just debadge? i feel black emblems on black cars just looks ghetto. but thats just me
I think debadging may risk looking ghetto. However, I think a black emblem is a legit mod.

I've seen Porsche Boxsters with the Boxster cursive on the back in black. I've always thought that looks pretty good.

I think the Infiniti logo is one of the more obtrusive auto logos. Think about it - Mercedes and audi both use skinny lines in their logos. BMW and Porsche both use small, well-balanced crests. Then you have Infiniti with this huge bulky shiny logo that says "look at me I drive a near-luxury car"
Old 03-12-2011, 05:12 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by like_a_g37
I think debadging may risk looking ghetto. However, I think a black emblem is a legit mod.

I've seen Porsche Boxsters with the Boxster cursive on the back in black. I've always thought that looks pretty good.

I think the Infiniti logo is one of the more obtrusive auto logos. Think about it - Mercedes and audi both use skinny lines in their logos. BMW and Porsche both use small, well-balanced crests. Then you have Infiniti with this huge bulky shiny logo that says "look at me I drive a near-luxury car"
We think alike... exactly why I went to black chrome for the front emblems. It's half way between debadge and OEM, plus it matched my schema.

Name:  Stillenftqtsm.jpg
Views: 3291
Size:  58.3 KB
Name:  Redlinesm-1.jpg
Views: 5262
Size:  62.0 KB

Last edited by RedG37SNC; 03-12-2011 at 05:18 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by RedG37SNC:
dwb993 (08-11-2021), KellingFrenzy (10-01-2019)
Old 03-12-2011, 05:29 PM
like_a_g37

Originally Posted by RedG37SNC
We think alike... exactly why I went to black chrome for the front emblems. It's half way between debadge and OEM, plus it matched my schema.
That looks good Red. That emblem is much much nicer to look at than the chrome one.

Is the OEM emblem even chrome? Or is it plasti-chrome?
Old 03-12-2011, 05:36 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by like_a_g37
That looks good Red. That emblem is much much nicer to look at than the chrome one.

Is the OEM emblem even chrome? Or is it plasti-chrome?
I beleive it's plastic, BC set is rediculously priced. But if you're going to do it, BC is the way to go.. don't paint them. Infiniti Black Chrome Emblem Set - G37
Old 03-12-2011, 06:31 PM
JMacsG37

here's mine black on black front and rear emblems. Not good pics i just shot a few quick ones and its dusk. I plastidipped both. The rear i plan on debadging its just been too cold to do it, so i plastidipped in the mean time. Hope this helps:

Name:  P1010069.jpg
Views: 4270
Size:  157.0 KB

Name:  P1010065.jpg
Views: 3665
Size:  178.5 KB
Old 03-12-2011, 06:42 PM
like_a_g37

Originally Posted by JMacsG37
here's mine black on black front and rear emblems. Not good pics i just shot a few quick ones and its dusk. I plastidipped both. The rear i plan on debadging its just been too cold to do it, so i plastidipped in the mean time. Hope this helps:

Thanks JMac - That looks fantastic! I like the plasti-dip even better than the black chrome aftermarket badge.

I think the reflective surface of the BC badge still draws more attention to itself than I prefer.

I think that the black matte finish of the plasti-dip version is a nice modern aesthetic appropriate for the demographic who drives this car.

I think that the matte finish of the plasti-dip version also provides a nice contrast with the shinyness of the paint job. I think that subtle contrast is pretty nice and that's not something I had even considered....
Old 08-11-2021, 01:23 PM
Victorious
Registered Member

Wow man, I'm loving these head and tail lights - where'd you get them from if you don't mind my asking. Whole car looks very clean.

Attachment 172649
Attachment 172650
Old 08-12-2021, 01:03 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
I think I've tried every possible combination and ended u with a blacked out car with a silver badge.
I tried full silver, midnight with silver badge, midnight with black badge, full black with silver badge, full black with blck badge, full black with no badge (fiberglassed the opening on the front grille), and finally Full black mesh grille with a silver badge. It feels like that silver needs to be there as a focal point.

Tat being said, SobeIPL recently figured out you can use Easy Off Heavy Duty Stove Cleaner to remove the silver coating and keep the sheen from the chrome on the headlights, so it may also work in this case as well. Haven't tried it though.
Old 08-12-2021, 01:48 PM
Victorious
Registered Member

I beleive it's plastic, BC set is rediculously priced. But if you're going to do it, BC is the way to go.. don't paint them. Infiniti Black Chrome Emblem Set - G37
What about your tail lights and headlamps? How'd you get that semi smoked look?
Old 08-12-2021, 07:22 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
I decided for my case, the grille itself is the backdrop that looks better changed but the emblem is a nice focal point, so having it black diminishes that.