Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 06:49 PM
ONEighty
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Old 03-04-2011, 07:14 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you want I'll swap mine with yours Josh. We each pay for our own shipping but it's direct swap. Mine has arc reactor v1 , tsx clear lense, and no amber
Old 03-04-2011, 10:52 PM
4drScreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go for it Josh if you think the cops won't hassle you.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:49 AM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jnguyen
If you want I'll swap mine with yours Josh. We each pay for our own shipping but it's direct swap. Mine has arc reactor v1 , tsx clear lense, and no amber
do u have pix?
Old 03-05-2011, 02:25 AM
tbone12

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My entire headlights are blacked out save the fog light reflectors, and i haven't had any trouble with the police yet (knock on wood)
Old 03-05-2011, 11:45 AM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Everyone seems to be only worried about the cops ticketing a driver with this illegal mod. What about the safety issue, i.e., the reason for requiring front amber lights in the first place? I know it’s a stretch, but if you ever get t-boned one night because the other driver could not correctly determine your direction of travel, you would be toast to any insurance company.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:17 PM
JoshLee89

^^ I am gonna make it still light up in a way it should be.
Just like how they do in korea, sidemarkers are in silver/white color, but it will light up yellow. (may be I need to change the bulb cuz ones already in there will light up just halogan.)
Old 03-05-2011, 04:18 PM
JoshLee89

Originally Posted by jnguyen
can I please see the pic?

basically i wanna swap the sidemarker thats all.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:24 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Chekov
Everyone seems to be only worried about the cops ticketing a driver with this illegal mod. What about the safety issue, i.e., the reason for requiring front amber lights in the first place? I know it’s a stretch, but if you ever get t-boned one night because the other driver could not correctly determine your direction of travel, you would be toast to any insurance company.
most of the time I agree with your safety points Chekov, but on this one I am going to have to disagree.

I understand the intent of the sidemarker, in that it is supposed to aid in seeing the car from the side. However, if someone hit you because they couldn't tell which way you were going, I very sincerely doubt that sidemarker would ever make a difference. Someone has bigger problems if it takes a 6 inch faintly illuminated light to indicate to someone that a 15' 2ton car is moving. Plus the fact that people (I don't like generalizations so take this with a grain of salt) are normally not looking down at the lights, they are looking at head level while driving (if they are even looking at the road at all)
Old 03-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
most of the time I agree with your safety points Chekov, but on this one I am going to have to disagree.

I understand the intent of the sidemarker, in that it is supposed to aid in seeing the car from the side. However, if someone hit you because they couldn't tell which way you were going, I very sincerely doubt that sidemarker would ever make a difference. Someone has bigger problems if it takes a 6 inch faintly illuminated light to indicate to someone that a 15' 2ton car is moving. Plus the fact that people (I don't like generalizations so take this with a grain of salt) are normally not looking down at the lights, they are looking at head level while driving (if they are even looking at the road at all)
Well, I said it was a stretch. But your post seems to suggest there is no reason at all to have this law. If the amber/front red/rear side marker law makes no difference in preventing accidents, then why does it exist?
Old 03-05-2011, 04:49 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Well, I said it was a stretch. But your post seems to suggest there is no reason at all to have this law. If the amber/front red/rear side marker law makes no difference in preventing accidents, then why does it exist?
personally, I dont think the amber side marker law should exist. There are plenty of laws, several auto related, that I believe have zero (or very very little) factual basis. I honestly don't think those side markers have any effect by themselves at preventing or allowing accidents
Old 03-05-2011, 05:33 PM
Mazaki

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Clueless politicians. They can't be experts on everything, unfortunately. I guess there simply aren't enough lobbyists for fighting senseless automotive laws.

Personally, when I do eventually get my headlights painted, I'm going to only smoke the reflector, from the outside so that light is still visible from it. Honestly, I never drive with my lights off anyways, so aesthetics-wise, it wouldn't make a difference.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Well, I can’t argue how effective this law is, but I inherently think there is a reason. It’s sort of what is done for both aviation and ships at sea. All airplanes, for example, must have a red light on the left wing tip, a green one on the right, and a white light on the tail. Additionally there must be a red rotating beacon on top somewhere. In this way a pilot at night can easily see if another aircraft is approaching, going in the same direction, or is at some other relative position. I imagine the writers of the vehicle law had a similar thing in mind.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:48 AM
JoshLee89

So Igor, can you make the clear one out of the amber ones?
Like the OEM in Europe or in Aisa, they are just clear / transparents sidemarkers
Old 03-07-2011, 04:06 AM
JoshLee89

Not BLk or Carbon fiber ones