Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Tinting windows - Suggestions pls

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 04:25 PM
BLKG37X

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by doggyfresh102
Don't go 5 with 35 on windshield! One of our friends did that and it looks really good but you can barely see him! It's a ticket waiting to happen. And they take windshields really serious in Cali.
Forget the ticket, it's an accident waiting to happen. My friend did the same thing, and he has problems driving at night. I took his car for a spin once at night and I couldn't see a thing. To drive that thing you need a 6th sense or something.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:36 PM
bocaytomas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm putting 50% in the front windshield, its dark enough to help out inside but it doesnt attract too much cop attention
Old 02-17-2011, 05:36 PM
bocaytomas

And here's 20% all around

Old 02-17-2011, 05:48 PM
datboybspeeding

Originally Posted by djayash
yup...i really need the looks rather than anything else....i will have to go down and see the diff and negotiate with the guys...

by the way, what happens if i get pulled over for tinted over the law?
down here if u get pulled over for tint i mean u have 2 options lol u can go head and just rip if off right there infront da poilice and ticket is gone or u can go and remove it likea few days later and then ur ticket is no more they just gotta see that there is no illegal tint on da car and u dont need to pay for the ticket but thats down here in Louisiana
Old 02-17-2011, 06:53 PM
crazjayz
Registered Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Kinda OT, buuuuut out of curiosity, does anyone here have Forumula One Pinnacle tint? If so, how much did you get it for? I just got quoted $650 cash at The Tint Pros in socal for all six windows. Thought that was OBSCENELY expensive.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:54 PM
Amir

It sounds like the US infiniti doesnt have the tinted back passenger sides as the Jap spec skylines. This is how mine came standard at the back. I'll tint the fronts the same as I had on my wrx.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:24 PM
slimcharles

Does anyone know what the tint laws are in Kalifornia? My 2009 Sedan was bought new in April of 2009. I bought it one year later as a one year old pre certified in April of 2010. I loved mine right away, white color, with dark tint all around. It was wonderful during the day but it made it hard to see out of the driver/passenger sides during the night. I got caught in a speed trap last summer. I dealt with the speeding ticket, but I got a 'fix-it' ticket for the tint. I had to remove it and then go to a local police station and the person at the desk came out to verify it was removed from the two front windows. They signed off on the paper and it was a $25 fine. Now that the ticket is cleared up I'm dying to put tint back on my front two windows as I miss it dearly. But I'm going to go just a bit lighter than how I got the car.. I'd prefer to go dark again but its just a cop magnet.

Now I know if I 'EVER' see the xmas tree lights in my review mirror to instantly roll down both front windows! Hopefully that will help..... We'll see how fait treats me!
Old 02-17-2011, 11:27 PM
jhenka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by doggyfresh102
Don't go 5 with 35 on windshield! One of our friends did that and it looks really good but you can barely see him! It's a ticket waiting to happen. And they take windshields really serious in Cali.
A good friend of mine Russian Bear had that setup (btw hes parting out selling his Police strobes, rims, and skyline badges) Anywho he had them and the car was blacked out looked fantastic, BUT cops in NY don't like tints period let alone on the windshield, needless to say he is now the proud owner of a stock (with no tints) G

I'll probably just do 50 so its a little darker and my side windows look like paint in any conditions

Originally Posted by BLKG37X
Forget the ticket, it's an accident waiting to happen. My friend did the same thing, and he has problems driving at night. I took his car for a spin once at night and I couldn't see a thing. To drive that thing you need a 6th sense or something.
Not at all with quality tint and bright as$ hids. You really won't have a problem, unless your on a street with no street lamps then all you'll see is what the hids light up for ya.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:36 PM
evilpanda

Originally Posted by slimcharles
Now I know if I 'EVER' see the xmas tree lights in my review mirror to instantly roll down both front windows! Hopefully that will help..... We'll see how fait treats me!
some cops are smart, once they see your windows are rolled down they can ask you to roll it up and check if you have tint on your front windows.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:39 PM
evilpanda

Originally Posted by crazjayz
Please don't do this. Go even all around. I would suggest 15 rear 35 sides and 50 windshield... nix the windshieldif you want, but keep the sides even.
they actually look even in the daytime.
here's a daytime pic.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:03 AM
slickrick

Originally Posted by crazjayz
Kinda OT, buuuuut out of curiosity, does anyone here have Forumula One Pinnacle tint? If so, how much did you get it for? I just got quoted $650 cash at The Tint Pros in socal for all six windows. Thought that was OBSCENELY expensive.
I paid $240 about 3-4 years ago on a maxima to tint it 15% all around. It was about $75-$100 cheaper than anywhere else I checked.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:04 AM
Doggy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by evilpanda
some cops are smart, once they see your windows are rolled down they can ask you to roll it up and check if you have tint on your front windows.
That's happen every time to peoPle I know
Old 02-18-2011, 12:41 AM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by jhenka
The sedans with 30's looks like stock don't waste your money on something thats is a little better than stock. I know at least 5 people that had 35s and had them redone to 20's because of the tinted look they were going for.
35% all around. i don't know...looks a lot darker than stock to me.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:04 AM
jhenka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sniper27
35% all around. i don't know...looks a lot darker than stock to me.

no offense sniper but im sure its the angle. I had 20's on my car and at a certain angle they looked like 35s. 35's at a certain angle look stock which was a big whoop for me. The main reason i don't like 35's is because in NY any tint is illegal so if you have 35 or 0 your getting the same ticket. So IMO might as well enjoy it lol.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:09 AM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
i have graphite interior also, so maybe that looks darker. but that's a straight on shot, no angle. i have pics of different angles also and they look just as dark.

Quick Reply: Tinting windows - Suggestions pls