Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Question about Water Leak on Passenger window

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 07:31 PM
cnagy65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about Water Leak on Passenger window

Hi All,
I have water dripping in on the passenger side by the tweeter like some of the other threads i've seen here. My front windshield was replaced in the summer, Just wondering if water is coming in because of the front windshield. Dealer said that if the front windshield was replaced that is the reason.

Thanks

Last edited by cnagy65; 03-01-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:45 PM
godzilla619
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
if water is on your tweater, water is coming in from the window not the windshield. first look to see if your window rubber is cracking or inflexible. then do the reset of the automatic window adjustment. this should fix the leak.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:58 PM
cnagy65

Originally Posted by godzilla619
if water is on your tweater, water is coming in from the window not the windshield. first look to see if your window rubber is cracking or inflexible. then do the reset of the automatic window adjustment. this should fix the leak.
Thanks, I will have to check the window rubber, I already tried the window adjustment once before.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:02 PM
cnagy65

Tried reseting the window but did not help, Have an appointment with the dealer next thursday to have them look at it.

This was thursday while I was driving to work on the Drivers side

And this was today on the passenger side, I went out to see if it was dry, apparently not!!!

I hope they can fix this. Like I said before my Front window was replaced but that was back in August and this started happening in December.

Other then this, I still love the car.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:13 PM
deepFlip

tell your dealer to fix it. this has nothing to do with the front windshield being replaced. your car is a 2010 and they shouldnt give you sh*t about this.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Breitling65

Two suggestions: Change dealer if he said so and ask another dealer to adjust your windows. This is known issue with G coupe since long ago and happened even to Z coupe owners too. Happened to me too in first heavy rain after I got my car. Nothing to do with windshield.
If adjustments doesn't help, than ... Not sure if anything else actually helped reading other posts about, sorry.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:48 PM
cnagy65

Thanks Guys, I will update after I go there on Thursday and if they give me trouble I will go to the another dealer. Last time I mentioned it to the service advisor that I usually don't deal with since I was picking up the loaner at 4pm. (My regular one was gone for the day). The car was in for wind noise last time and they replaced the small rear passenger window.

Last edited by cnagy65; 02-05-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:08 PM
Breitling65

Originally Posted by cnagy65
Thanks Guys, I will update after I go there on Thursday and if they give me trouble I will go to the another dealer. Last time I mentioned it to the service advisor that I usually don't deal with since I was picking up the loaner at 4pm. (My regular one was gone for the day). The car was in for wind noise last time and they replaced the small rear passenger window.

Tell him there is service bulletin he needs to check in his computer about, adjustments helped me but honestly I didn't drive in very heavy rain after. Regular or light rain is OK now.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
Old 02-05-2011, 06:07 PM
cnagy65

Originally Posted by Breitling65
Tell him there is service bulletin he needs to check in his computer about, adjustments helped me but honestly I didn't drive in very heavy rain after. Regular or light rain is OK now.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
OK thanks again Breitling, I will mention it to him.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Devildog37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I had this happen to my drivers side window and I just took it to the dealer. They said the window was very slightly off track, so they reset it and after months of the rainy season, everything is a-okay.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:56 PM
cnagy65

Got my car back today. They readjusted and added foam padding to both sides and couldn't get it to leak again. Hopefully it will stay dry.
They also fixed a slow leak in my front tire, There was a small nail in it.

While I was there, I had them install the ambient lighting kit that i received.

Very impressed with the communication from the tech. He actually called me yesterday to ask me about the leak before he started to troubleshoot and then called me today and explained what he did.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:44 PM
pcwd

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Can you see how the foam padding was added?

If so, please describe or better yet, take a picture.

Thanks very much.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:39 AM
cnagy65

Originally Posted by pcwd
Can you see how the foam padding was added?

If so, please describe or better yet, take a picture.

Thanks very much.
No I can't see it. The tech said it is actually under the rubber molding, Which in turn puts more pressure against the window.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:19 PM
cnagy65

Well it finally rained again and guess what, Still leaks on both sides. Now it seems like it got worse. Back to the Dealer on Tuesday. (1st day open that they would have a loaner available).
Old 02-25-2011, 01:46 PM
Roseyhebert

I had this same problem. It is the rubber seal around the window and it should be replaced. This is a known issue in these cars. It is NOT the windshield. Your dealer sounds stupid.

Quick Reply: Question about Water Leak on Passenger window