Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

New member, bubble seat and aluminum door handle question?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 07:46 PM
streetmuziq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New member, bubble seat and aluminum door handle question?

Hey everyone. Finally got a G 08 G37s coupe with 12,000 miles. Drove it home today and I love it. I been on ur site for the past few weeks and had a few questions. I have come across the threads about the bubble in the leather seat and the aluminum door handle problems. It seem my G has both issues so I was curious how hard it was for you guys to get the dealer to replace the leather on the seat and the aluminum door handle from the dealership on warrenty. I live in South Florida and have no problem driving and hour to get this fixed. If any of you have experience with this in S. Fla please let me know. Thanks Guys... look foward to talking to yall on the site...
Old 12-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Steveo47

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Id like to know too, i have developed the leather seat issue and i wanna wait till after winter. but im afraid if i wait too long ill get a "normal wear and tear" bull****. I have about 7k km

Welcome btw, congratulation. Dont let the modding bug bite you like it bit me!
Old 12-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Felix_the_Cat

Congrats on the new car and welcome to the forum. I have the same seat bubble issue as a lot of us do, when I went to talk to my dealer about it the service manager said he could replace the seat bottom whenever I wanted it done but he advised me to wait till my warranty was almost up if I was gonna keep the car for awhile because he said it'll prob do it again and it's harder to get the approval for a second replacement. It also varys from dealer to dealer though. On the aluminum handle I'm thinking you mean the one that easily gets scratched... I'm almost certain that is a wear and tear item and u have to buy them. I replaced mine with the newer 09 and up ones cuz they don't scratch I think they run around 60 bucks
Old 12-01-2010, 09:36 PM
streetmuziq

Sounds like a good Idea I have about another year left on it so I might wait until then. I just read somehwere on the forum that they replaced the easily scrached handles under warrenty. But thanks Im excited driving that G home today was sweet. Thanks Again....

Originally Posted by Felix_the_Cat
Congrats on the new car and welcome to the forum. I have the same seat bubble issue as a lot of us do, when I went to talk to my dealer about it the service manager said he could replace the seat bottom whenever I wanted it done but he advised me to wait till my warranty was almost up if I was gonna keep the car for awhile because he said it'll prob do it again and it's harder to get the approval for a second replacement. It also varys from dealer to dealer though. On the aluminum handle I'm thinking you mean the one that easily gets scratched... I'm almost certain that is a wear and tear item and u have to buy them. I replaced mine with the newer 09 and up ones cuz they don't scratch I think they run around 60 bucks
Old 12-01-2010, 10:04 PM
jblyden20

Congrats on your new G. I'm actually in S. Fla too. I had the same issue with the door handle and the dealership replaced it with no problems. But unfortunatly the my handle are messed up again because my passengers cant seem to keep their hands off of it. So i have to replace them myself this time. Good luck. IDK any information about the seats.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:45 PM
3BEP6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome and congrats on the car. I have the same seat bubbling and went today to Infiniti of Manhattan and was told that they have never heard about seat bubblung problem and they doubt that it will be covered under the warranty. I have an 08 as well...