BooSa37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Three words: Life Time Headache
Old 11-26-2010, 11:14 AM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Originally Posted by mystakin
hey tWistedMissiOn, i talked to alex (running the whole customer service show at 180 customs) and he said it has to be a wiring issue. when i go to get mine fixed im going to inquire about getting a switch put in. for spending $300 on an led mod it should not burn out. werent leds supposed to be longer lasting than regular bulbs?
Hope all goes well my friend. And i had the same concept about LEDs too haha..

Originally Posted by Black Betty
LEDs do not do well in heat. No matter what anyone tells you, the headlight housing is far too hot for LEDs to function normally for their full useful life under normal circumstances.
I guess BB explained all.. hehe... but why does some LEDs last a lot longer? someone have had theirs for 2 years^^ and going great...
Old 11-26-2010, 11:30 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by tWistedMissiOn
I guess BB explained all.. hehe... but why does some LEDs last a lot longer? someone have had theirs for 2 years^^ and going great...
Quality of materials used in the install and the craftsmanship of the designer/installer. I remember a thread a while back on how one company used superior LEDs that were worlds better than everyone else's out there and that's why their product was superior.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:10 PM
hechen507
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
I think it also wiring issues now that topic has come up. When my first LED went out when I try to resurrect it by flicking the light on and off (less then 10 times) as the result another dead LED. Two days later two more were out. I also noticed that the LEDs are going out in the same pattern as my old ones.
I think i"ll try to contact 180 custom to see if I can get replacement LEDs if they ever fix the wiring issues.

Last edited by hechen507; 11-26-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:35 PM
NonAme

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They are saying they will only disconnect the Ironman for the time being. They won't be replacing the dead leds with new ones.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:04 AM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Quality of materials used in the install and the craftsmanship of the designer/installer. I remember a thread a while back on how one company used superior LEDs that were worlds better than everyone else's out there and that's why their product was superior.
LOL at the sarcasm man...

Originally Posted by hechen507
I think it also wiring issues now that topic has come up. When my first LED went out when I try to resurrect it by flicking the light on and off (less then 10 times) as the result another dead LED. Two days later two more were out. I also noticed that the LEDs are going out in the same pattern as my old ones.
I think i"ll try to contact 180 custom to see if I can get replacement LEDs if they ever fix the wiring issues.
I guess theres more people with ironman mod problems than we expect

Originally Posted by NonAme
They are saying they will only disconnect the Ironman for the time being. They won't be replacing the dead leds with new ones.
So you mean they will only dissable the ironman?
To the OP, did you get your lights fixed? was it wiring problem? or faulty LEDs?
Old 11-27-2010, 07:48 AM
4drScreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So why don't you see Audi and MB's driving around with half their LED's burnt out? If the heat issue is the problem and not the wiring, then are the Germans venting their lenses? Not likely lol. Probably the quality of the product used and proper wiring. Points to who does the work IMO.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:04 AM
NonAme

Apparently they said they ARE using expensive automotive LEDs (same ones as audi). The problem is that audi has complex circuit board that controls the leds, something 180 can't afford to research into. They said as it gets colder, more and more leds will burn out and die. They are offering to disconnect the LEDs on the ironman so it won't ruin the looks of the car until they fix the LED problem with their manufacturer. They won't be replacing any dead LEDs for the time being. Asked, "whats the expected timeline until this issue is resolve with the manufacturer?" Answered, " we don't have an expected time frame on the new leds we'll be getting."
Old 11-27-2010, 09:40 AM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by 4drScreamer
So why don't you see Audi and MB's driving around with half their LED's burnt out? If the heat issue is the problem and not the wiring, then are the Germans venting their lenses? Not likely lol. Probably the quality of the product used and proper wiring. Points to who does the work IMO.
Audi's have heatsinks and a cooling fan.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:46 AM
NonAme

holy cow, audi going crazy with the engineerings of their led headlights.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:06 AM
4drScreamer

No wonder the Audi's are so expensive. That whole set up is really impressive though. +1 for Audi LED's!
Old 11-27-2010, 12:28 PM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Wow.. Thats crazy how Audis have those mini fans. Never knew about ituntil now. The new MB's have this too??
And NonAme, by "not time frame" i am assuming they won't be able to fix this until they get like a replacement LEDs? dang...
Old 11-27-2010, 12:35 PM
NonAme

They probably don't want to replace everyone that's got dead ironman with their current supplies of LED because thats a huge lost for them. They are probably waiting until they resolve this problem with their manufacturer before they start replacing LEDs again. So those with ironmans gonna have to bend over and take it like a champ until 180 gets it resolve (god knows when that'll be) or the temperature starts warming up next season and LEDs won't be dropping like flies so they can start replacing the dead ones with these same exact leds.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:21 PM
hechen507
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Oh I forgot to mention I have a sedan so I didn't have the iron man. I have the 10 white LED side strip, 4 LEDs amber LED side strips that is set up with my turn signal, and red demon eyes. My amber leds are doing fine but one led on my demon eye went out, I have been running these LEDs for 9 months now.

Last edited by hechen507; 11-28-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:55 PM
mystakin
Registered Member

Originally Posted by NonAme
when did they say this? i texted them in october and they said theyd fix it right up for me when i had time to go to them. when did they tell you that they would only disconnect them?

Quick Reply: 180 Customs LEDs