Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Blood Red Taillight Project

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 03:49 PM
RaulGCustom
SoCal Driven

Received 406 Likes on 400 Posts
Damn, mean a$$ soap opera we have here! LOL!
Old 12-13-2010, 04:37 PM
ONEighty
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
*clears the dust off the table*

No offense, but clearly a few have their head in a hole assuming that our argument is over the fact that a DIY is posted for a service we offer… c’mon, really? Does a detailer get mad because someone goes online and posts a DIY on how to wash a car?!? NO. We are FAR from upset that this DIY is posted, in fact I fully support it… Alex and I have been posting DIY’s for years, we’re here for the same reason as everyone else, to support one another.

What’s getting us upset here is the fact that people DON’T READ CLEARLY, then go and throw in their worthless two cents. R34 Eclipse was mocking us for calling the midnight taillights exclusive, as if we came off like no one is capable of doing it, and we’re highly against the DIY posted… WHICH IS NOT THE CASE. To us, as a service… these taillights WERE exclusive because we didn’t know anyone who offered it, and in the last… umm 5 years? No one ever posted a DIY… so now years later… a mechanic for 12 years decided to razor blade the taillights open, then mocks us for charging $ for a service on which he posted a DIY for?

C’mon guys, if we were so concerned about this DIY, we wouldn’t start up an argument bringing more attention to this thread. Lol

R34 Eclipse took this way out of proportion, you were never accused of being a flapper so I don’t know wtf you’re getting that from. You misunderstood us completely because you’re being defensive over your DIY assuming we’re gunna get mad…mean while all we’re getting mad at is your a-hole attitude, and the way you came off towards us…. Leaving everyone else thinking we’re the a$sholes here because no one read our replies on our own forum which clearly explained our frustration towards the mockery and not our concern with the DIY.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:42 PM
SRG

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 180Custom
*clears the dust off the table*

No offense, but clearly a few have their head in a hole assuming that our argument is over the fact that a DIY is posted for a service we offer… c’mon, really? Does a detailer get mad because someone goes online and posts a DIY on how to wash a car?!? NO. We are FAR from upset that this DIY is posted, in fact I fully support it… Alex and I have been posting DIY’s for years, we’re here for the same reason as everyone else, to support one another.

What’s getting us upset here is the fact that people DON’T READ CLEARLY, then go and throw in their worthless two cents. R34 Eclipse was mocking us for calling the midnight taillights exclusive, as if we came off like no one is capable of doing it, and we’re highly against the DIY posted… WHICH IS NOT THE CASE. To us, as a service… these taillights WERE exclusive because we didn’t know anyone who offered it, and in the last… umm 5 years? No one ever posted a DIY… so now years later… a mechanic for 12 years decided to razor blade the taillights open, then mocks us for charging $ for a service on which he posted a DIY for?

C’mon guys, if we were so concerned about this DIY, we wouldn’t start up an argument bringing more attention to this thread. Lol

R34 Eclipse took this way out of proportion, you were never accused of being a flapper so I don’t know wtf you’re getting that from. You misunderstood us completely because you’re being defensive over your DIY assuming we’re gunna get mad…mean while all we’re getting mad at is your a-hole attitude, and the way you came off towards us…. Leaving everyone else thinking we’re the a$sholes here because no one read our replies on our own forum which clearly explained our frustration towards the mockery and not our concern with the DIY.
i got my headlights done by 180customs...i'm not taking sides but i would be willing to pay these guys $200.00 for doing the tailight work because i'd personally be a little nervous taking apart an expensive headlight or taillight. This way, these guys have done it dozens of times, and if they F up, lol i'll hold them responsible lol

On another note, R34, the DIY is great and the taillights look super sick.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:38 PM
DPE G

Received 112 Likes on 73 Posts
Igor....um #1 post from Alex the first sentence said I was flapping, and nobody comes to your forums and reads? I do believe i posted the link in all fairness. If you get mad at mocking over the internet then I formally apologize, like I said I let you guys do my headlights, Alex is the one who initially started with the flapping comment and "i don't mind that you posted a DIY", and got butthurt when I told him I was glad he didn't mind that I did on my own free will something that did not involve your business. All in all 180 is of very little concern to me, I have said it numerous time, I'm helping to educate the community and those who take pride in doing stuff them selves. I am no mechanic. I am a Motorola Service Tech, LEDs and taillights mean nothing to me, continue your business, I think Motorola will be around long enough to subdue me. But don't expect to critisize me and me sit back and apologize for treading on your turf. You try to make 180 seem high and mighty, when all you are is a "mechanic" who put a headlight in an oven and strung chrismas lights together in a projector shroud. See I can be a **** too. Just don't expect me to back down to your critisizm over me, be more professional, if you are making bank with what you do, brush me off and move on, don't dwell on it, makes you look bad, I'm not loosing anything, you have more on the line than I do, just sayin...
Old 12-13-2010, 08:56 PM
ONEighty
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by R34 Eclipse
Igor....um #1 post from Alex the first sentence said I was flapping, and nobody comes to your forums and reads? I do believe i posted the link in all fairness. If you get mad at mocking over the internet then I formally apologize, like I said I let you guys do my headlights, Alex is the one who initially started with the flapping comment and "i don't mind that you posted a DIY", and got butthurt when I told him I was glad he didn't mind that I did on my own free will something that did not involve your business. All in all 180 is of very little concern to me, I have said it numerous time, I'm helping to educate the community and those who take pride in doing stuff them selves. I am no mechanic. I am a Motorola Service Tech, LEDs and taillights mean nothing to me, continue your business, I think Motorola will be around long enough to subdue me.
See, all this is due to miscommunication... Alex's quote:
In your original post, you write "exclusive" like we're flapping or something?
Did he say you were flapping? No... he stated that you came off like we're talking shyt about the exclusivity of the taillights. For those who don't know what flapping means... it's talking shyt.

When he said he don't mind that you post the diy... it just means that the DIY has no affect on us, whether it was posted or not, simple as that.

Overall, it was very dumb to even bring up the whole "exclusivity" thing. Even if I was referring to the service as being exclusive (which I wasn't, I was speaking in past tense), whats the big deal? Ever hear of marketing? Besides, even if we never offered this as a service, this type of modification would still be classified as "exclusive" to the people who read this DIY and decided to do it themselves, or pay someone else to do it...

Last time I checked, the corner deli doesn't cut taillights open with razor blades... but I'll check again on the way home.

No hard feelings now?
Old 12-13-2010, 09:00 PM
Doggy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This forum is so much drama! Lol 180 customs be professional and let it go, no one did anything wrong here, now can we all just get along here?
Old 12-13-2010, 09:50 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Old 12-13-2010, 10:04 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
in before the lock??

Last edited by cereal2k; 12-14-2010 at 12:06 AM.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:45 AM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C'mon guys, lets all get along. we're all about the G community anyway right. R34 and 180Custom, i understand we all have to stand our grounds, and sometimes when we get into heated arguments or when we don't meet at a certain point, our ego sets in and tend to blind us about our rights and wrong. But for every relationship to work, its not about who's right or who's wrong. But its about giving in, being understanding and considerate. So let's just all get along and be thankful that we have this DIY and 180Custom who had provided the G community with their service. All this over the word 'exclusive' is ridiculous. C'mon man, everybody makes mistakes. Let's just forgive and forget and keep doing what ya'll have done and keep improvising for our rides that we love.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:27 AM
DPE G

Yes I've heard of marketing, and if you want to still "flap" about the effin word exclusive here you go.... I may take it back 4b does kind of remind me of you.

ex·clu·sive (eks klo̵̅o̅′siv, iks-)

1.excluding or tending to exclude all others; shutting out other considerations, happenings, existences, etc.: an exclusive interest in sports
2.excluding all but what is specified: “only” is an exclusive particle
3.given or belonging to no other; not shared or divided; sole: an exclusive right to sell something
4a.excluding certain people or groups, as for social or economic reasons: an exclusive club
4b.snobbish; undemocratic
5.dealing only in costly items: an exclusive shop
6.being the only one of its kind: an exclusive dress

Last edited by DPE G; 12-14-2010 at 07:36 AM.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:30 AM
DPE G

Igor give it up, I'm not loosing anything here, I offered up some how-to knowledge on the forums, and that was it, end of story, I asked a question on yours, which was only answered after **** comments, and to also include in some marketing strategy for you, photoshopping a finished product is a no, no. People want to see what they will actually get, not what you can come up with in photoshop. I half way considered sending them to you guys which is why I pulled them off the car, and after messing with them for a few minutes decided to do it myself, and share it with people here who want to save $300 for something more useful.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:16 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
We can't seem to get along here, can we!