Body Interior Exterior Lighting

badges falling off??

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 11:55 AM
mystakin
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
badges falling off??

Came back home from dinner with my girlfriend. parked the car inside my garage when she says, "one of your letters is missing" I check it out and the "I" from "INFINITI" is gone. just the glue remains. Seriously how does that happen?? ive never had a car 'drop' a badge before, and when i debadged my old car, it took some effort to take off each letter! i dont think anyone took it off, as the restaurant we went to was relatively elite, and i couldve sworn i saw it on my car when we were leaving the restaurant.
what can i do now? i had no intentions of debadging my car, at least this early. only had it for half a year now. anywhere i could find the "I" badge? lol. dealership would probably tell me its not covered under warranty and id have to buy a whole set of badges.. not trying to do that. lol
thanks guys.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Go steal it off another car like someone did yours. I doubt it just fell off.

Or I am sure someone who debadged will give it to you. If you were in Tampa you could have mine.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:59 AM
mystakin
Registered Member

thanks man. really appreciate you trying to help. i still dont get who would just take the "I".. At least take the whole word so i can just goo-gone the adhesive and have a clean debadge.. hah
Old 11-05-2010, 12:01 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
+1

If it was the glue and heat combination, the other letters would've come off or at least show signs of coming off.

Just remove the rest of it. Looks much better like that anyways.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:04 PM
mystakin
Registered Member

my dad has some sentimental value for a purely stock sports coupe. long story short, he wants it to look the same as it did from the dealership. he pays for all the detailing supplies but when it comes to aesthetic mods he closes up hah. if i tell him about it i bet he'll assume i did it. going to just wait for him to realize its gone himself and then confront me about it. i think he knows id want to debadge it sooner or later, as i did with my previous car
Old 11-05-2010, 12:55 PM
CDONNS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mystakin
my dad has some sentimental value for a purely stock sports coupe. long story short, he wants it to look the same as it did from the dealership. he pays for all the detailing supplies but when it comes to aesthetic mods he closes up hah. if i tell him about it i bet he'll assume i did it. going to just wait for him to realize its gone himself and then confront me about it. i think he knows id want to debadge it sooner or later, as i did with my previous car
Ill be debadging my I N F I N I T I this weekend. Maybe I'll be nice enough to mail you my I......

I mean shoot, I'll have 4 of them lol
Old 11-05-2010, 01:08 PM
beerme986

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
when you replace it, make sure to use the 3m automotive tape ..the same kind thats on your car now. i tried other double sided tape and it eventually starts to fall off
Old 11-05-2010, 05:28 PM
mystakin
Registered Member

thanks beerme986, if i get my hands on an "I" ill be sure to look out for that. and CDONNS, if youre feeling generous id love to take one of the "I"'s lol
Old 11-05-2010, 05:43 PM
TheIvoryG

For sure...the car is just begging to be debadged...give it what it wants dad!

On a serious note, did you buy your car used? Sounds to me like the previous owner debadged it and then stuck them again before selling(or dealer did) but used cheaper adhesive. No way these things fall off from the factory imho...
Old 11-05-2010, 06:17 PM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
lmao i've never heard anyone doing that.... at least if someone did steal your emblems they didn't attempt to key your car
Old 11-05-2010, 08:07 PM
xlack
Registered Member

i am pretty sure it didnt juz fall off.. if u try debadging the car u will know how stubborn they are even if they are already dangling, they will stick to the trunk like leech. maybe someone playing a prank on u? haha