Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Anyone use Safelite to replace the windshield on their G37 Coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 08:43 PM
MoonliteMadness

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Anyone use Safelite to replace the windshield on their G37 Coupe?

All, I am looking for a reference on Safelite Auto Glass. I need to replace my windshield which was badly cracked by a stone. Since I am not putting it through my insurance, I called around to get a few estimates. Safelite Auto Glass was by far the cheapest. I was wondering if anyone on this forum has used them to replace the windshield on their G37 Coupe and if they have any feedback to share on the quality of the glass and installation.

Thank you for your help.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:08 PM
Creepers

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sup Moonlite,
last month a rock chipped my windshield, right in my field of vision. i called up safelight, and they quoted me 140 to fix the chip. i replied that i was going with the competitor, even though i was just bluffing, and then they reduced the price to 80 bucks. i can't believe the games they play.

so after the repair, the chip is still very noticeable. they said once they repair, they cannot re-repair, so i inquired how much was it to replace the windshield. the dude punched in the make and model (g37 coupe) and he muttered some astronomical price like $400+.

ive had other windshields replaced for like a little over a hundred. granted, my previous car wasnt as nice, but still! so my question to you is, how much did they quote you? i would love to replace the windshield b/c that chip bothers me, but only if the price is reasonable.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:12 PM
Pip

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MoonliteMadness
All, I am looking for a reference on Safelite Auto Glass. I need to replace my windshield which was badly cracked by a stone. Since I am not putting it through my insurance, I called around to get a few estimates. Safelite Auto Glass was by far the cheapest. I was wondering if anyone on this forum has used them to replace the windshield on their G37 Coupe and if they have any feedback to share on the quality of the glass and installation.

Thank you for your help.
They replaced my windshield about a year ago. No problems since.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:22 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Don't do it... I recommend to use Nissan glass. Everyone replacement windshield that I have ever seen with them is slightly distorted and looks wavy from certain angles.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:22 PM
MoonliteMadness

Originally Posted by Pip
They replaced my windshield about a year ago. No problems since.
Thank you. Since the price was so cheap ($300 + tax) I was skeptical of the quality of the glass. I was also concerned about possible leaks and whistling/creaking sounds.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:27 PM
MoonliteMadness

Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
Don't do it... I recommend to use Nissan glass. Everyone replacement windshield that I have ever seen with them is slightly distorted and looks wavy from certain angles.
Thank you for your reply. The service department at my Infiniti dealer quoted me $910 for the windshield and installation. Safelite quoted me $300 + tax. Since my car is leased and I have less than two years left, paying an additional $610 is hard too swallow, especially since I am paying for it out-of-pocket.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:29 PM
MoonliteMadness

Originally Posted by Creepers
Sup Moonlite,
last month a rock chipped my windshield, right in my field of vision. i called up safelight, and they quoted me 140 to fix the chip. i replied that i was going with the competitor, even though i was just bluffing, and then they reduced the price to 80 bucks. i can't believe the games they play.

so after the repair, the chip is still very noticeable. they said once they repair, they cannot re-repair, so i inquired how much was it to replace the windshield. the dude punched in the make and model (g37 coupe) and he muttered some astronomical price like $400+.

ive had other windshields replaced for like a little over a hundred. granted, my previous car wasnt as nice, but still! so my question to you is, how much did they quote you? i would love to replace the windshield b/c that chip bothers me, but only if the price is reasonable.
They quoted me $300 + tax for the windshield and installation.