Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Need help having seat and steering wheel go back and up when opening door

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 10:49 AM
ohsogood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help having seat and steering wheel go back and up when opening door

Hey guys,
Not sure where this should be posted so move the thread if it's in the wrong place.
I had Infiniti give me a rental while my car was being worked on and I noticed that the rental had the driver seat go back and the steering wheel go up when you open the door.
I looked in my manual (which wasn't very clear with their directions) and it showed me how to do it but I was unsuccessful with my car.
Either my car doesn't have the capabilities (which I think it does) or I'm not following the directions clearly.
Please tell me step by step as to what I need to do.
Btw, I have the 2008 Journey Coupe. If you need anything else, just ask away.
Thanks guys!
Old 10-11-2010, 11:08 AM
RaulGCustom
SoCal Driven

Received 406 Likes on 400 Posts
That option is not available for the coupe.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:10 AM
ohsogood

Originally Posted by raul0434
That option is not available for the coupe.
I knew it wasn't me being that stupid! Wonder why they disabled that for the coupe.
Thanks Raul for the quick response!
Old 10-11-2010, 11:11 AM
ScottyBeGood

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Do you have the premium package? If so you have the memory seats, which controls the steering wheel, outside mirrors and seat. If you do have this package you should notice there are 3 controls on the door panel with a 1, 2 and set. If you do not have the premium package then you do not have the memory syncronization.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:24 AM
ohsogood

Originally Posted by ScottyBeGood
Do you have the premium package? If so you have the memory seats, which controls the steering wheel, outside mirrors and seat. If you do have this package you should notice there are 3 controls on the door panel with a 1, 2 and set. If you do not have the premium package then you do not have the memory syncronization.
Scottybegood,
Yes I do have the memory seats. I do see the 1, 2, and set. I tried using that to make it work but had no luck. I don't think I'm following the directions correctly in the manual.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:25 AM
RaulGCustom
SoCal Driven

Received 406 Likes on 400 Posts
Originally Posted by ohsogood
I knew it wasn't me being that stupid! Wonder why they disabled that for the coupe.
Thanks Raul for the quick response!

I'm guessing because you may have passengers in the rear, you don't want to smash their feet! LOL
Old 10-11-2010, 11:27 AM
ohsogood

Originally Posted by raul0434
I'm guessing because you may have passengers in the rear, you don't want to smash their feet! LOL
So true! haha
Old 10-11-2010, 11:28 AM
ScottyBeGood

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ohsogood
Scottybegood,
Yes I do have the memory seats. I do see the 1, 2, and set. I tried using that to make it work but had no luck. I don't think I'm following the directions correctly in the manual.
Try to set the position in where you want it. Turn the ignition to on, not completely to start or don't press on the brake or drop the clutch. Press set for a second or two to where set lights up and hold down either 1 or 2 till it blinks and let go. Should hold the sync of your seat. Press the 2 button and/or play around with the settings and go back and press 1 see if the seat and settings return, may take a few runs but the adjustments will set and should work. GL.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:20 PM
NYCMaxima

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This feature is called the driver's entry/exit system. If you have the memory seats you should have this too. YouTube - My '08 G37 - Seat Position Memory
Old 10-11-2010, 02:27 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
If you are the only person driving the car you can program #1 to give you the most room entering the car and tie that to your unlock. Then once in the car you can set up #2 to your driving position and push the #2 after you get in. Not ideal but a somewhat work around. Also push #1 to get out or your unlock will take it from the last setting (#2) to #1.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:18 PM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
If you are the only person driving the car you can program #1 to give you the most room entering the car and tie that to your unlock. Then once in the car you can set up #2 to your driving position and push the #2 after you get in. Not ideal but a somewhat work around. Also push #1 to get out or your unlock will take it from the last setting (#2) to #1.
^^That's how i roll
Old 10-12-2010, 09:18 AM
ohsogood

Thanks guys for all your help! Real useful!
Old 10-13-2010, 12:21 PM
Nick3753

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The most logical reason not to have it is because it would make access to the rear seat even more difficult and force the seat to first move back (on its own), then move forward again to allow someone in or out.....and you might smash their feet as previously mentioned.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:27 PM
TheIvoryG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I miss this option so much, as I moved from a sedan to a coupe. Love the idea of using both settings on the door, I just can't get in the habit of hitting that button when I get in and get out. Why can't my car just do all of my thinking and moving for me.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:37 PM
NYCMaxima

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have this feature on my Maxima, it is very convenient, and if you leave the key fob in taht little slot, it wont raise the wheel or move the seat until you remove it.

Quick Reply: Need help having seat and steering wheel go back and up when opening door