Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Need some measurements off a coupe

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 06:07 PM
g2flip4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some measurements off a coupe

Im planning on doing a G37 front conversion to my G35 this winter while the car is parked, along with some other bodywork mods. The hood is all thats holding me up right now. Wondering if the G35 and G37 hoods can be direct swaps?

Can someone measure the distance across the hood from where the hinges bolt to the hood? Center of hole to center of hole...

Also measure the widest part of the hood up by the windsheild where the hood meets the A pillar

Thanx in advance
Old 09-20-2010, 07:22 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by g2flip4
Im planning on doing a G37 front conversion to my G35 this winter while the car is parked, along with some other bodywork mods. The hood is all thats holding me up right now. Wondering if the G35 and G37 hoods can be direct swaps?

Can someone measure the distance across the hood from where the hinges bolt to the hood? Center of hole to center of hole...

Also measure the widest part of the hood up by the windsheild where the hood meets the A pillar

Thanx in advance
i don't think it's possible unless you're welding on the whole front clip. just so you know our cars are not as wide as the 35 and it'll look weird. just buy a G37 instead if you want it to look like one. no offense alright!
Old 09-20-2010, 08:00 PM
g2flip4

Ive been doing bodywork for 10+ years... Ive done headlight and tail light conversions... welding the front clip on would be overkill. Really dont feel like parting out my car since I got it a year ago and have a bunch of mods already....

And its been done already by 2 guys but I cant get in contact with them... so all Im looking for is some simple hood dimensions
Old 09-21-2010, 07:40 AM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
U the dude in G35driver with the G37 front end conversion?? Crazzyy project man, Good Luck with it.
And weiboy, i think he said something about not liking the g37's rear, so he might not want to get a G37 hehe
Old 09-21-2010, 08:25 AM
Weiboy718

Ive been doing bodywork for 10+ years... Ive done headlight and tail light conversions... welding the front clip on would be overkill. Really dont feel like parting out my car since I got it a year ago and have a bunch of mods already....

And its been done already by 2 guys but I cant get in contact with them... so all Im looking for is some simple hood dimensions
That's cool! Remind me if nobody has already gotten you the measurements. I'll measure it for you this weekend.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:36 AM
g2flip4

Originally Posted by tWistedMissiOn
U the dude in G35driver with the G37 front end conversion?? Crazzyy project man, Good Luck with it.
And weiboy, i think he said something about not liking the g37's rear, so he might not want to get a G37 hehe
I wouldnt mind getting a G37 but like you said I do like the rears of the 35s better. And parting out a car sux, im happy with the 35 for now. Once the front conversion is done, Ill love it even more

Ya as soon as I figure out if the hood is gonna fit Im ordering the fenders, bumper, and headlights and brackets
Old 09-21-2010, 09:30 AM
Weiboy718

I wouldnt mind getting a G37 but like you said I do like the rears of the 35s better. And parting out a car sux, im happy with the 35 for now. Once the front conversion is done, Ill love it even more

Ya as soon as I figure out if the hood is gonna fit Im ordering the fenders, bumper, and headlights and brackets
That should look pretty good! The headlights won't be cheap though. Looking about 500-600 for a set of used ones. You think our 37 chassis is the same as the 35? I know the 370z is.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:45 AM
g2flip4

Ya the headlights will be the most expensive part. Ill be opening them up and blacking them out anyways.. same as I did with my current headlights

Im thinking the bolting points are fairly similar if not the same on most stuff. The G37 was a refresher to the G35, not a whole redesign from the ground up.

My car looks pretty bad@ss already, atleast I think... the G37 front will make it look even better, and newer. After the G37 conversion, its 14" and 13" big brake kits, then its onto engine mods.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:59 AM
Weiboy718

Ya the headlights will be the most expensive part. Ill be opening them up and blacking them out anyways.. same as I did with my current headlights

Im thinking the bolting points are fairly similar if not the same on most stuff. The G37 was a refresher to the G35, not a whole redesign from the ground up.

My car looks pretty bad@ss already, atleast I think... the G37 front will make it look even better, and newer. After the G37 conversion, its 14" and 13" big brake kits, then its onto engine mods.

Nice car! I just bought a complete set of BBK too and I'm loving it!
I have an idea!

What about getting an aftermarket front kit instead of the oem bumper. So far there's only a couple kits available.

Zele
Extreme dimension
AIT

All of these company makes a full kit and will work with our headlights and fender. I think the extreme dimension front bumper will look good on your conversion cuz that particular kit isn't curvy and will flow with the lines of the G35. You should look into it, to me the oem sport bumper wouldn't look good at all on the conversion. It just won't flow with your lines.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:14 AM
g2flip4

Ive been browsing thru fronts a little bit. I like the look of the OEM sport bumper. Prob gonna make a custom lip or valance and mold it to the bottom of the bumper. I like modifying urethane(OEM) more than fiberglass anyways. Im a 3D modeler(have a degree in design and prototyping) and work in a machine shop so the possibilities are basically endless as what I can come up with. Im also good with fiberglass so that may be a route also.

Ive already machined LED rings for my tailights so instead of just one light ring lighting up when I hit the brakes Ill have dual rings that light up, like the G37s and Skylines. Another project Im tackling this winter. RIpping apart the tails and modifying them.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:43 AM
carz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good luck on the project, it will look crazy once its all done.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:52 AM
Weiboy718

Intersting! Keep us posted! G/L
Old 09-21-2010, 11:56 AM
g2flip4

Originally Posted by Weiboy718
Intersting! Keep us posted! G/L
If you, or anyone could measure Id appreciate it... Ive been on the phone and online all morning with bodyshops, salvage yards, and dealerships... either they dont have and G37 coupe hood or cant answer my question....

I need the measurement across the car from one hinge to the other, from the center of the holes. And also from center to center on the holes on one side(the distance between the hinge holes) Also the widest part of the hood up near the windshield(I know the hood curves in a lot where it meets the windshield and fenders but I need the widest part up near the A pillar)

Ive got a sport bumper and fenders on eBay Id like to ****** up quick as soon as I find out if the hood will fit.

Last edited by g2flip4; 09-21-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:58 AM
Weiboy718

Hey, check out the private classifieds. Somebody is selling headlights and grill.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:11 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Link to thread on Driver? This the first I have heard of someone doing this.

Quick Reply: Need some measurements off a coupe