Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

2010 g37... paint issue? or what?!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 06:01 AM
areyoojordan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 g37... paint issue? or what?!?

Okay.. so after dreaming of this car for 3+ years, and finally getting my car, I definitely did not expect this from a car so beautiful and well performing.

My OB 2010 g37 sedan... theres these white blotches on the paint, I've seen another person talk about this, and I wasnt able to find the thread, but its these little white splotches smaller or as small as a tick. I started seeing them on the hood and front of the car at first, and though, maybe its those rock chips that everyone talks about because of the light paint? (btw woow this paint is EFFING fragile.) But after having a car for merely a week, I'm starting to see it alllllllllll over the car! If theres any bird droppings on the car, i have to scrub it off the car, and it leaves a deadly mark where the birddroppings were, and even scratches from the microfiber towel? My cars a mess, it looks like its been through a brush carwash without water. Ive been using Armorall Wash and Wax with microfiber towels and a PVA sponge to minimize swirls, and I still get these marks. Is there anything I can do? Should I take it to the dealership?
Old 08-03-2010, 07:52 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
To be completely honest, but you can use the best of the best detailing products, but if you detailing practices and process aren't up to par, then it doesn't really matter.

Now Nissan products do have very soft paint which causes them to show clear coat imperfections easily. But with proper maintenance and washing techniques the effect can be minimized drastically.

Read up in the detailing sections on wash techniques... Look for key words like "2 Bucket Wash Method" and you'll find plenty of information to help you perfect your technique.

Last... Don't take it to the dealership. They ill only make things work. Your best bet is to get your car to a professional detailer and have the damage corrected while you read up to safe detailing techniques.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:11 AM
sooner02r1

My '08 Black G35 has the same crap. Just bought it last week. it was just slightly dusty at the dealer so I thought it was just dust. I've done everything I feel comfortable doing on my own, clay bar, scratch remover, wax, etc, still there. I'm gonna take it to a detailer and see if they can get any results. Let me know on here if you find something that works. It's my wife's car and she doesn't care, but everytime I wash it, it drives me crazy to see that junk.

Edit: Our car came from Santa Monica, CA, so I thought it was probably salt damage......
Old 08-05-2010, 06:09 PM
areyoojordan

No, definitely not salt. Because ive garaged the G ever since I got it, never out under any trees that drop anything.

But heres what I did, I went to the dealer, and told them i had these marks and they checked all the other black cars, they all had it. -.- what a suprise?! They said theyd polish and wax the whole car out and see what they could do.. if nothing helps they will see what they can do after that. I'll report back when i get it detailed.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:47 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
first, nothing's ever going to perfect. if you've never owned a black car before, you're in for a world of hurt sorry lol (but keep your head high!). my OB has swirls, yes, and I've done my best to treat them with a pc (remember, you can STILL burn with a pc; misconception), and seal the paint with optimum products. anyways, you'll have to deal.

these white "spots," does your finger nail catch when you run over them? get some clay (use lots of lube - no homo).
Old 08-05-2010, 08:49 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by areyoojordan
No, definitely not salt. Because ive garaged the G ever since I got it, never out under any trees that drop anything.

But heres what I did, I went to the dealer, and told them i had these marks and they checked all the other black cars, they all had it. -.- what a suprise?! They said theyd polish and wax the whole car out and see what they could do.. if nothing helps they will see what they can do after that. I'll report back when i get it detailed.
CLAY! ugh...dealership details are so terrible. what's the point of polishing/compound/buffing/waxing, if all you're doing is RUBBING in contaminants into the paint? BAH! I'm not happy with my local infiniti dealer - their service, their professionalism, etc.. apologies for the lash, BUT my point still stands. if you want it done right, do it yourself!
Old 08-05-2010, 09:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by eksigned
first, nothing's ever going to perfect. if you've never owned a black car before, you're in for a world of hurt sorry lol (but keep your head high!). my OB has swirls, yes, and I've done my best to treat them with a pc (remember, you can STILL burn with a pc; misconception), and seal the paint with optimum products. anyways, you'll have to deal.

these white "spots," does your finger nail catch when you run over them? get some clay (use lots of lube - no homo).
Burning with a PC? I've been using one for at least 10 years without any possibility of burning. You'd have to use a small pad on thin paint and a lot of pressure to have any hope of screwing up with a PC.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:58 PM
TinsleyC

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 15951
Burning with a PC? I've been using one for at least 10 years without any possibility of burning. You'd have to use a small pad on thin paint and a lot of pressure to have any hope of screwing up with a PC.
What's a PC?
Old 08-06-2010, 12:41 AM
Sunny G
Registered Member

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts
^^^^^ its a porter cable random orbital polisher
Old 08-06-2010, 10:32 AM
GmOnEy1

I'm the one with the same issue with the paint I brought it back to the dealer they compounded the car n they went away but 2 weeks later they came back so I went back n now I'm waitin on Infiniti USA to decide what there gonna do I think there's a paint defect but they say it's the enviorment do u have the spots on ur windows too
Old 08-06-2010, 12:35 PM
GianG37x

it was my blog with the white blotches... delership buffed em out real good... u dont see them anymore. this was about 2 weeks ago... dealer told me its "acid rain" but we ll see if they come back.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:08 PM
GmOnEy1

Hopefully they don't come back for u mine was good for 2 weeks n they came back even faster they have to fix it they have no other option
Old 08-06-2010, 02:10 PM
GianG37x

si i hope so Gmoney ..worst case i get a loaner to rip on and free miles on the lease heheheh...
Old 08-06-2010, 03:00 PM
GmOnEy1

Look at ur paint close ull see it more on the roof cause mine was good for 2 weeks n then I was back even worse if it happens again tell them u want someone from Infiniti to come look at it n they have to put a claim in with Infiniti USA it will be better for us the more people there r to complain then they really gotta do somethin bout it instead of blamin it on the enviorment I'm still waitin on what there gonna do bout my claim
Old 08-06-2010, 09:07 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GmOnEy1
I'm the one with the same issue with the paint I brought it back to the dealer they compounded the car n they went away but 2 weeks later they came back so I went back n now I'm waitin on Infiniti USA to decide what there gonna do I think there's a paint defect but they say it's the enviorment do u have the spots on ur windows too
They applied a glaze/sealant to your car to temporarily mask them. The car needs to be polished by someone that knows what they're doing.

If you have spots on your windows as well, are you sure you're not getting hard water spots from a sprinkler system? The deposits left from sprinklers will etch paint over time, especially if you have a soft clear. They are easily polished out.

Even rain can leave deposits. Unfortunately, I find that good sealants will cause the rain to bead more rather than sheet off the car, and the water sometimes dries spotty. This usually washes off easily, though.

Quick Reply: 2010 g37... paint issue? or what?!?