Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Suggestions for front license plate

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 12:36 PM
osbornm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suggestions for front license plate

So the state of WA requires both license plates to be on the car :/ It is what it is no use crying over spilled milk. I know some people just run without one until the get a fix it ticket, but I'd prefer not to even get pulled over and/or draw attention to myself.

That being said I really don't want to drill into the center of the bumper. Plus i really don't think I like the placement. So I wanted to see what other people have done? I have seen a couple of brackets that will move it down by the grill which I kind of like. I wanted to see what you guys have used and if you have any recommendations.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:11 PM
Mazaki

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by osbornm
So the state of WA requires both license plates to be on the car :/ It is what it is no use crying over spilled milk. I know some people just run without one until the get a fix it ticket, but I'd prefer not to even get pulled over and/or draw attention to myself.

That being said I really don't want to drill into the center of the bumper. Plus i really don't think I like the placement. So I wanted to see what other people have done? I have seen a couple of brackets that will move it down by the grill which I kind of like. I wanted to see what you guys have used and if you have any recommendations.
Definitely get the Stillen bracket. Installs on the towhook, so no mauling of your bumper is necessary.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:21 PM
osbornm

Originally Posted by Mazaki
Definitely get the Stillen bracket. Installs on the towhook, so no mauling of your bumper is necessary.
Does anyone have pics of this on there 2010 G37x
Old 07-21-2010, 01:26 PM
Mazaki

Does anyone have pics of this on there 2010 G37x
Sedan or Coupe?

I have a 2010 coupe, but I haven't gotten my plates yet so I have yet to mount my bracket. Should be getting my plates today, but my Mom got my camera stolen at the Holocaust Museum when she was borrowing it for a trip... Of all the places for something to get stolen.

I could always use my iPhone, I suppose, though quality isn't anywhere near amazing like my camera was.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:30 PM
osbornm

Originally Posted by Mazaki
Sedan or Coupe?

I have a 2010 coupe, but I haven't gotten my plates yet so I have yet to mount my bracket. Should be getting my plates today, but my Mom got my camera stolen at the Holocaust Museum when she was borrowing it for a trip... Of all the places for something to get stolen.

I could always use my iPhone, I suppose, though quality isn't anywhere near amazing like my camera was.
I have the coupe, I really just want to see the placement and see if I like it. $70 for a bracket isn't cheap and just want to make sure I like it before I order it. That would be awesome if you could take some pics! As a side note you need to upgrade to the iPhone4 the camera on it is freaking awesome
Old 07-21-2010, 01:40 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
just spend $4 and buy some bolts and bolt the OEM front bracket onto the lower grille
Old 07-21-2010, 01:57 PM
osbornm

Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
just spend $4 and buy some bolts and bolt the OEM front bracket onto the lower grille
I have the OEM bracket, I guess i didn't think about mounting it to the grill. I just got my plates so I haven't spend much time researching. I'll look at that option for sure.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:00 PM
evilpanda

if mine didn't have holes for the bumper already i would've probably gone the stillen route as well.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:30 PM
DmfG37sTT

Originally Posted by evilpanda
if mine didn't have holes for the bumper already i would've probably gone the stillen route as well.
I had my car for 3k miles and took it into the dealership and while I was getting an oil change they decided to drill holes in my front bumper for the plate. I got it back and I went nuts. Got the sales manager down to the service station and demanded something get fix. I ended up getting a brand new g37 they had out on the lot and they took the one I had beatin up for two months.

I guess they didnt think that all i wanted was a new front bumber but I didnt complain
Old 07-21-2010, 03:37 PM
osbornm

Originally Posted by DmfG37sTT
I had my car for 3k miles and took it into the dealership and while I was getting an oil change they decided to drill holes in my front bumper for the plate. I got it back and I went nuts. Got the sales manager down to the service station and demanded something get fix. I ended up getting a brand new g37 they had out on the lot and they took the one I had beatin up for two months.

I guess they didnt think that all i wanted was a new front bumber but I didnt complain
Ummmm Awesome! Well Played sir!
Old 07-21-2010, 05:07 PM
Harley'sG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another reason why I don't trust the dealer...that is NUTS! Can't believe they gave you a new car without a serious fight.

Wish I knew what mine is but I don't. Fits on underneath the bumper though. I would go Stillen if you can't make one yourself.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:30 PM
Mazaki

I have the coupe, I really just want to see the placement and see if I like it. $70 for a bracket isn't cheap and just want to make sure I like it before I order it. That would be awesome if you could take some pics! As a side note you need to upgrade to the iPhone4 the camera on it is freaking awesome
I'll post the pics soon. And I did upgrade to 4.0, but now I can't play music through USB in the car.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:48 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
I know some people just run without one until the get a fix it ticket, but I'd prefer not to even get pulled over and/or draw attention to myself.
That is certainly a wise position to take. I’ve said many times being pulled over for one thing can lead to something much more serious, like the front-plateless man in the following repost:

Famous Artist Arrest
Old 07-21-2010, 05:53 PM
DmfG37sTT

Dont drink and drive and its pretty simple fix it ticket. As I stated before I refuse to drill holes in my car. Due to that I accept the ticket everytime I get pulled over, but i dont drink and drive so I have nothing to worry about. Same with my tint. Ive gotten several tickets but I choose to pay the ticket everytime. maybe one day I can grow up and grow out of it but till now ill just smile and take the ticket!
Old 07-21-2010, 06:14 PM
osbornm

Dont drink and drive and its pretty simple fix it ticket. As I stated before I refuse to drill holes in my car. Due to that I accept the ticket everytime I get pulled over, but i dont drink and drive so I have nothing to worry about. Same with my tint. Ive gotten several tickets but I choose to pay the ticket everytime. maybe one day I can grow up and grow out of it but till now ill just smile and take the ticket!
Yes I agree dont drink and drive but I just simply dont want to deal with the cops. I live in an area that is how to I say this nicely "stuck up". They look for any reason to give you a ticket. I have been pulled over Twice because it looked like I didn't have my seat belt on... Its less about the money and more I just don't like wasting the time dealing with them.

Quick Reply: Suggestions for front license plate