Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Suggestions for front license plate

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 07:27 PM
dainjarouz
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Chekov
That is certainly a wise position to take. I’ve said many times being pulled over for one thing can lead to something much more serious, like the front-plateless man in the following repost:

Famous Artist Arrest

trust me..even if he had a front plate...and was driving perfect. if they want to pull you over...they will.

theyll just follow you until you get that black and white fever and make a mistake...or find something cheesy to get you on.... which is why im about to take off my front plate..
Old 07-21-2010, 08:09 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by dainjarouz
trust me..even if he had a front plate...and was driving perfect. if they want to pull you over...they will.

theyll just follow you until you get that black and white fever and make a mistake...or find something cheesy to get you on.... which is why im about to take off my front plate..
I must disagree. There is always a reason for being pulled over. Maybe sometimes the reason is nit-picky or unfair, but there is a reason. In all my years of driving in many states I’ve never been pulled over for no reason. The point I was making is that a wise driver does what he can to minimize that possibility.

Take off your front plate if you like, but any anti-cop rationalization designed to justify taking off the plate only increases the possibility and may do you harm in the long run.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:15 PM
dainjarouz
Premier Member

I must disagree. There is always a reason for being pulled over. Maybe sometimes the reason is nit-picky or unfair, but there is a reason. In all my years of driving in many states I’ve never been pulled over for no reason. The point I was making is that a wise driver does what he can to minimize that possibility.

Take off your front plate if you like, but any anti-cop rationalization designed to justify taking off the plate only increases the possibility and may do you harm in the long run.

i never said that they dont need a reason, i know they do. ill reiterate:

my point was a rebuttal to yours...that even if you are 100% complaint and think youre the best driver, if they want to...they will find something to get you on. theyll just follow you and wait until you make a mistake..and i dont mean blow a red light. i mean go 1 mph over the speed limit, driving too slow for the flow of traffic, touch a white line, dont signal within a certain distance or time before a lane change or turn. etc etc etc....why do you think everything is illegal? theyre called pretext stops.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:03 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

dainjarouz,
Your suggestion that “theyll (sic) just follow you and wait until you make a mistake…” and similar examples tells me you irrationally hate cops. In that you live in Southern California like I do I am quite surprised at your stance, as I‘ve never had that experience. And I’ve never even heard of anybody being pulled over for 1 mph over the speed limit.

Your question of “why do you think everything is illegal?” is also enlightening. First of all, everything is NOT illegal, and secondly our vehicle laws are designed with safety in mind and not to entrap innocent drivers to enhance municipal revenue (I‘ve heard that too many times.). If somehow you’re calling attention to yourself on the road then you subject yourself to being pulled over. And that certainly inlcudes having illegal mods. But I guess you’re having none of it.

I’m sure if you ever get pulled over for no front plate you’ll say, “See, like I’ve always known, they pull you over for nothing!”
Old 07-21-2010, 09:18 PM
dainjarouz
Premier Member

dainjarouz,
Your suggestion that “theyll (sic) just follow you and wait until you make a mistake…” and similar examples tells me you irrationally hate cops. In that you live in Southern California like I do I am quite surprised at your stance, as I‘ve never had that experience. And I’ve never even heard of anybody being pulled over for 1 mph over the speed limit.

Your question of “why do you think everything is illegal?” is also enlightening. First of all, everything is NOT illegal, and secondly our vehicle laws are designed with safety in mind and not to entrap innocent drivers to enhance municipal revenue (I‘ve heard that too many times.). If somehow you’re calling attention to yourself on the road then you subject yourself to being pulled over. And that certainly inlcudes having illegal mods. But I guess you’re having none of it.

I’m sure if you ever get pulled over for no front plate you’ll say, “See, like I’ve always known, they pull you over for nothing!”
youve (sic) made so many assumptions..i wont go any further. lol
Old 07-21-2010, 09:21 PM
dainjarouz
Premier Member

oh and a long time ago my ex's mom got pulled over on the freeway for speeding. the officer wrote 66MPH. no joke.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:29 PM
dainjarouz
Premier Member

before this thread turns into a pissing contest on whos right or wrong or cynical or ignorant.. to the OP:

I (along with a few others here) just used the stock plate bracket and zip-tied it to the grill. it looks decent enough if anything, a little bit low. it doesnt shake around or anything. I put some tape on the bumper because the plate touched it a little and i didnt want it to discolor/scrape it.

this is mine:
Old 07-21-2010, 09:49 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Originally Posted by dainjarouz
oh and a long time ago my ex's mom got pulled over on the freeway for speeding. the officer wrote 66MPH. no joke.
In a way you’ve made my point, i.e., cops do that quite often. They’ll say, “I clocked you doing 80, but to give you a break, I’ll just write the ticket for 66.”
But I do agree our discussion serves no further purpose.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:19 AM
6mtg37s
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
This is a method I found on a Mazda forum, I ordered the part and will post pics when I install it.
How-to: Mount front license plate onto lower grill without zip ties being seen
Old 07-22-2010, 02:55 PM
dainjarouz
Premier Member

$1.59? nice price..
Old 07-22-2010, 03:01 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I think I spent $3-$4 buying 2 bolts, 4 washers, and 2 nuts and just bolting it on. Very clean and easy

thankfully I only had to have the front plates on for 3 months
Old 07-22-2010, 05:05 PM
osbornm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I order the following bracket and I'm just going to bolt/zip tie it on to the grill in the front where ever I can make it look good. I'll post pics when I get it done.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:01 PM
Ahujadaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm likin these ideas guys. I actually don't mind that look when you mount it in the lower grill. Think i may come around and do this. Living in northern VA is no joke when it comes to driving and cops.

Thanks hispeed-lowdrag. Good idea. Think i will try the zip tie idea though. Should be sturdy enough? Where did you even bolt it to? Just used the bolts and sliped them through an opening and then had a nut on the other side to catch it and tighten it down?