Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Leather Steering Wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 09:47 PM
antirice
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
The steering wheel on the M56 felt pretty good.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:52 PM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
What? The steering wheel on the G feels great! Reviewers remark on that all the time. It's very well done, just the right amount of padding imo. You should have felt my G8's steering wheel - like wagon wheel made out of rock.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:00 PM
hufington

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ozzypriest
What? The steering wheel on the G feels great! Reviewers remark on that all the time. It's very well done, just the right amount of padding imo. You should have felt my G8's steering wheel - like wagon wheel made out of rock.

We should compare it to the good ones, not the crappy ones. It may be better than a G8, Neon, Sentra, etc. but it is nowhere near any German performance sedan's sports steering wheel.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:04 PM
BLKG37X

The wheel feels fine to me. Looks good, has the bolsters on both sides, just the right amount of thickness and padding. And it has stitching. I have no problems with it
Old 06-16-2010, 02:32 AM
MOB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this thread is killin me.....complaints on the steering wheel? Based on what's important to you and your feelings about it, why'd you buy the car in the first place?

Last edited by MOB; 06-16-2010 at 02:33 AM. Reason: revision
Old 06-16-2010, 06:35 AM
bikecop136

<CITE>Check this place out. These guys do a very good job. Friend had his Acura done and it turned out great. They mostly do steering wheels. They can also add more padding to make the wheel thicker. Its located in the Dallas Ft. Worth area.</CITE>
<CITE></CITE>
<CITE></CITE>
<CITE></CITE>
<CITE><CITE>www.american-stitches.com/</CITE></CITE>
Old 06-16-2010, 08:31 AM
G77

Originally Posted by MOB
this thread is killin me.....complaints on the steering wheel? Based on what's important to you and your feelings about it, why'd you buy the car in the first place?
It is a great car overall, that's why I bought it. But it doesn't mean that I have to like everything about it. If it was the case, then noone would have changed anything on their cars ever! There is always room for improvement. And besides, Infiniti is not claiming that's as good as it gets either.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:36 AM
hufington

Originally Posted by bikecop136
<CITE>Check this place out. These guys do a very good job. Friend had his Acura done and it turned out great. They mostly do steering wheels. They can also add more padding to make the wheel thicker. Its located in the Dallas Ft. Worth area.</CITE>
<CITE></CITE>
<CITE></CITE>
<CITE></CITE>
<CITE><CITE>www.american-stitches.com/</CITE></CITE>

Wow. This is a great link. Thanks man. I'll check them out.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:00 AM
MDG37S

I don't think asking for a thicker, real leather steering wheel is out of the question for a $40k+ car. Inifiniti is branded as a luxury car. I bet a Sentra uses the same steering wheel. Look at the ES350's steering wheel with the real leather and wood.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:22 AM
hufington

Originally Posted by MDG37S
I don't think asking for a thicker, real leather steering wheel is out of the question for a $40k+ car. Inifiniti is branded as a luxury car. I bet a Sentra uses the same steering wheel. Look at the ES350's steering wheel with the real leather and wood.

I agree. The people, who like this steering wheel have either never driven a BMW, AUDI, Lexus, etc. or simply don't feel their car when they are driving. You are constantly in touch with the steering wheel and it just has to feel good when you grab it. I suggest all, who like the steering wheel in our cars, that they go and test drive an M3 (or A5, ES350, etc.) to feel a nice steering wheel.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:09 AM
BLKG37X

Originally Posted by hufington
I agree. The people, who like this steering wheel have either never driven a BMW, AUDI, Lexus, etc. or simply don't feel their car when they are driving. You are constantly in touch with the steering wheel and it just has to feel good when you grab it. I suggest all, who like the steering wheel in our cars, that they go and test drive an M3 (or A5, ES350, etc.) to feel a nice steering wheel.
I sat in almost every possible make and model of cars. The cars you mention have softer feeling leather and padding. That's it. I'm not sure I like that. When I go fast on a twisty road, I need the wheel to be solid and stiff. If I had to improve something, I would improve the paint, and leave the wheel as is.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:46 AM
G77

Originally Posted by BLKG37X
I sat in almost every possible make and model of cars. The cars you mention have softer feeling leather and padding. That's it. I'm not sure I like that. When I go fast on a twisty road, I need the wheel to be solid and stiff. If I had to improve something, I would improve the paint, and leave the wheel as is.
Then you should get a wooden steering wheel as it is stiffer and more solid than what we have. Or maybe even a bare metal one.lol
Old 06-16-2010, 10:47 AM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have driven BMW (2) and Lexus. The G steering wheel is acceptable for me. It could be better. And I do understand why others want to improve it.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:52 AM
HappyG

Originally Posted by G77
Then you should get a wooden steering wheel as it is stiffer and more solid than what we have. Or maybe even a bare metal one.lol
BLKG37X is happy with his steering wheel. Why would he go out and replace his wheel?
Old 06-16-2010, 11:01 AM
majin ssj eric

I agree that the G steering wheel is sub-par, but how exactly do you think that Infiniti is able to offer a car that competes with the 3-series at a $5-7k discount? They might have cheapened the interior a bit (though its hardly offensive) but they spent that money on more important stuff like the 14" BBK, LSD, 19" forged wheels, etc.

If you wanted a BMW so much, why did you buy the G? Probably because the G gives you 99% of the 335i at about 85% the cost....

Quick Reply: Leather Steering Wheel?