Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

parking city lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 01:44 AM
jujubii
Premier Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
any luck on finding pics on the amber/orange bulb drl/parking light replacement?
i coudlnt find any...
Old 06-13-2010, 11:23 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Namir
You must have small hands or something, I tried that and couldn't get my hand anywhere near where it needed to be, so I couldn't imagine being able to turn and pull it.

I'm jealous though, I have new parking lights, 32 SMT bright mutherfockers but I'm too lazy to jack the car up and go through the wheel well like I did the first time.
Originally Posted by Xcalibur
Agreed! Must have tiny hands man. I cut my hand trying that. Wheel well removal works best since you have lots of room.

Some of us have replaced the parking light bulb with an Orange/Amber bulb. This color matches the side maker light and turn signal light and gives it great contrast for headlights and looks good.
not really...it's probably just a matter of knowing where the bulbs are. Granted it's a tight squeeze, but I've done it about 5 times trying different bulbs and finally got ones that matched my headlights perfectly.

Going through the wheel well is all well and good, but why take the time to remove the wheel when you can just reach in with your hand and turn the socket and pull the bulb out? You could do it in a parking lot if you wanted (unless you have stock intakes, then you would have to take those out)
Old 06-13-2010, 11:27 PM
Trincap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I use the LED one that is 13 LED's hipower. It works fantastic and is a great white light. It's a bit whiter than my 6k. For those having trouble, going through the wheel well is difficult. The first one I actually got to with the wheel ON (lol, got lucky). The second one was easy with the wheel off but when I did it the second time I just went from above and got it changed in about 3 minutes from the time I popped the hood. Just get a ratchet set and make sure to pull the washer fluid extension out (it just literally pulls up and out) and you have direct access. Driver side is a breeze. Then just reconnect. All you need is a flat head screwdriver and a ratchet set. I actually left the fog lights OEM because I don't drive with those on and if I needed them it would be for. . . fog (hey I do live in Fog City after all) so I wanted as much visibility as possible. Besides I didn't feel like going through the hassle of installing xenons.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:19 AM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Parking Light in Amber...

Here is the link for anyone interested: https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-in...-in-amber.html