Body Interior Exterior Lighting

2010 Sedan Headlight Amber Bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 04:01 PM
hufington

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question 2010 Sedan Headlight Amber Bulbs

Hey Everyone,

Who has already removed the fugly amber turn signal/parking light bulb from his/her sedan? It looks so retarded that I wanted to grab some tools and remove it right at the dealer during the delivery. What type of bulb is used for the turn signal/parking light in the middle of the headlight cluster? Is there only one bulb with two stages(park light & turn signal) or two bulbs? I guess the bulbs used in the parking light shroud are the same ones as in my previous '08 G35x? Do you know anyone who can do a decent job replacing them with pure white ones and installing HID kit into the fogs on the bumper in NJ? Thanks guys.
Name:  HeadlightAmberRemoval.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  153.3 KB

Last edited by hufington; 08-09-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:59 PM
hufington

Noone did that yet???
Old 06-06-2010, 08:00 PM
peshs3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just got new drls i got the sport, waitiing for all the led's to come in the will be replaceing all with 6000k including hid bulbs...i totally agree about corner light...fugggggglllyyy... blinker is two intensity try v-leds they got ones that blink whit and orange so only orange when blinking you will need load resistors and for anyone who care the stars for our rear blinkers fit like sh*t will have to go to reg led stems...(7440 bulb) hope this helps will post picks when all done...also check sylvania bubl guide they have all correct exect our fog lights are H8 I repet H8 not 9006 have pulled them my self waiting to find out if v-leds can get them not listed on their site but check ijdmtoy they deff got h8 led stems...hope this helps
Old 06-06-2010, 10:10 PM
hufington

Originally Posted by peshs3
just got new drls i got the sport, waitiing for all the led's to come in the will be replaceing all with 6000k including hid bulbs...i totally agree about corner light...fugggggglllyyy... blinker is two intensity try v-leds they got ones that blink whit and orange so only orange when blinking you will need load resistors and for anyone who care the stars for our rear blinkers fit like sh*t will have to go to reg led stems...(7440 bulb) hope this helps will post picks when all done...also check sylvania bubl guide they have all correct exect our fog lights are H8 I repet H8 not 9006 have pulled them my self waiting to find out if v-leds can get them not listed on their site but check ijdmtoy they deff got h8 led stems...hope this helps
I did not know about the bulbs that blink white and amber! Great to know. Thanks man. I will definitely look into that. What bulbs are they? 7440?Please post some pics when you get them all done.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:08 AM
peshs3

have not got the leds for my car yet most are back ordered got the 2 color ones on my wife's 2010 rdx...mine should be in in the next week ...check the bulb guide i forgot the exact size 7440 sounds right....make sure if you are looking at v-leds Do not get stars for rear brake light(fit like sh*t) and do not order 9006 for fogs they are a h8 dont worry as soon as i get the the drl's and rest on tuesday will be posting picks and then again when i get led's installed....if you need infiniti parts talk to tony ant circle infiniti he is the only person i know in the us that can get the nissmo drl's for our car he got them for me in a sealed box with all english instructions...and gave me a deal on them since i grabbed a few more items from him...I have them in hand it is not a fake even though he is the only guy on e-bay and in the us Ijdmtoy wanted $1300 and said the instructions would be in japaneese and that they were not sure if they were compatible..i noticed u were in jeresy me to...hope this is helpful
Old 06-07-2010, 10:11 AM
hufington

Originally Posted by peshs3
have not got the leds for my car yet most are back ordered got the 2 color ones on my wife's 2010 rdx...mine should be in in the next week ...check the bulb guide i forgot the exact size 7440 sounds right....make sure if you are looking at v-leds Do not get stars for rear brake light(fit like sh*t) and do not order 9006 for fogs they are a h8 dont worry as soon as i get the the drl's and rest on tuesday will be posting picks and then again when i get led's installed....if you need infiniti parts talk to tony ant circle infiniti he is the only person i know in the us that can get the nissmo drl's for our car he got them for me in a sealed box with all english instructions...and gave me a deal on them since i grabbed a few more items from him...I have them in hand it is not a fake even though he is the only guy on e-bay and in the us Ijdmtoy wanted $1300 and said the instructions would be in japaneese and that they were not sure if they were compatible..i noticed u were in jeresy me to...hope this is helpful
Thanks bro. It is def helpful. Can't wait to see how your car turns out I hate the amber turn/parking bulbs so much that I'd like to drive with no lights at night!
Old 06-08-2010, 03:01 PM
G77

Bump. I want to do the same mods.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:47 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Not that it matters to some, but federal law requires that side lighting in the front must be amber in color (and red for the rear). So keep in mind that by changing to another color you just add to the possibility of being pulled over, with all the consequences that may result.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:13 PM
hufington

Originally Posted by Chekov
Not that it matters to some, but federal law requires that side lighting in the front must be amber in color (and red for the rear). So keep in mind that by changing to another color you just add to the possibility of being pulled over, with all the consequences that may result.
Yes, so is the dark tint in most states, the aftermarket exhaust, lowering kits, etc. etc. But that does not keep people from doing it. Besides, what is the explanation behind having them in amber color? My 2008 G35x did not have this huge amber monster of a city light. Also, in other parts of the world they are not amber and I don't think that they have more accidents because of that. By the way, we have 25mph speed limit in urban areas in most states, and 55-65mph on interstates, whereas Germany has 35mph and unlimited mph, respectively, and they don't have more accidents because of that. I personally belive that most of the laws are just made and then never changed later on because they bring additional money into the system and cities and counties count on that extra money. Otherwise, if it was a fact that a certain color of light or a certain percentage of tint was causing trouble to motorists, all states would have the same rules and regulations and would force these laws equally, which is not the case. One more thing; if you go to a traffic court in NJ, you see a huge billboard with all the fines, even some that you can't find online. They have a 45usd fine(I may be wrong about the amount since I last saw it 2 years ago) for daytime driving lights (and all other non OEM lights), although it is a fact that they allow oncoming traffic and pedestrians to see you much easier and therefore prevent accidents.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

hufington,
I wasn’t going to bother to get into this any further, but your post above deserves a response.

First, the reason for the amber color on the sides is to help drivers at night determine what direction other vehicles are going in relation to one’s own car, such as crossing traffic at intersections. It’s another safety device than can contribute to night safety. Don’t ask me to prove how effective it is, as I don’t really know. But I do know that mentioning other illegal things to justify this one in particular is a spurious argument. Having 20% tint on a front windshield doesn't mean it's OK to have clear side markers.

Second, pointing out other illegal mods that are common around here, or mentioning that other countries don’t have such requirements means nothing as far as increasing the chances of getting pulled over and being ordered to remove it in any state. Just try telling the cop, “But officer, in Germany they don’t have this law.” See how far you get in New Jersey.

Last, if you think that just because that huge billboard doesn’t list this illegal mod, it does not mean that the law is not enforced. You can’t deny that it’s on the books. And as I’ve said before, it is unwise to have such visible, cosmetic, illegal mods because they can only lead to the cops finding other things like stale insurance papers, non-current registration, or worse, having had too many beers at that party you’re coming home from. In that case, those clear markers could end up with you in jail and your car impounded. IMO it’s just not worth it.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:15 PM
indycase

Or you can glue a round amber internally lighted reflector on the side of the front bumper to compensate for it
Old 06-08-2010, 05:33 PM
hufington

hufington,
I wasn’t going to bother to get into this any further, but your post above deserves a response.

First, the reason for the amber color on the sides is to help drivers at night determine what direction other vehicles are going in relation to one’s own car, such as crossing traffic at intersections. It’s another safety device than can contribute to night safety. Don’t ask me to prove how effective it is, as I don’t really know. But I do know that mentioning other illegal things to justify this one in particular is a spurious argument. Having 20% tint on a front windshield doesn't mean it's OK to have clear side markers.

Second, pointing out other illegal mods that are common around here, or mentioning that other countries don’t have such requirements means nothing as far as increasing the chances of getting pulled over and being ordered to remove it in any state. Just try telling the cop, “But officer, in Germany they don’t have this law.” See how far you get in New Jersey.

Last, if you think that just because that huge billboard doesn’t list this illegal mod, it does not mean that the law is not enforced. You can’t deny that it’s on the books. And as I’ve said before, it is unwise to have such visible, cosmetic, illegal mods because they can only lead to the cops finding other things like stale insurance papers, non-current registration, or worse, having had too many beers at that party you’re coming home from. In that case, those clear markers could end up with you in jail and your car impounded. IMO it’s just not worth it.
First of all, I am not talking about the amber on the outside of the headlights, which unfortunately cannot be seen from the sides too well either. I am talking about the big round parking light/signal bulb. That does have nothing to do with others determining which direction you go, as your headlights are showing them the direction.

Second, having 20% tint on the windshield or sides is silly as you cannot see anything at night and that's not the point. I definitely support the idea of having dark tint in the back as it cuts glare of super powerful lights behind you and helps you see better at nigt as they don't blind you. It also allows for cooler temps and less UV during the daytime driving.

The reason why I mentioned the other countries was to point out that although we are using the same cars, there are many other rules apllied in the traffic in other parts of the world, which shows that there is not too much ongoing research behind the laws and regulations.

Another thing is that you cannot use driving intoxicated as an argument as it is stupid to do such a thing.

As to the enforcement, I don't believe that there is any objective measures when it comes to police, as they do whatever they want and they do not have to justify to you why they pulled you over and you are not allowed to argue as they would arrest you unlike in many other developed countries! They have rules and regulations and those are broken by cops themselves several times a day like speeding etc. endangering others in the traffic. IN NJ, a cop can pull you over for no reason and give you a careless driving ticket and you have no way to prove otherwise in any court.

I really do not feel that changing amber bulb to warm white would make any difference in terms of traffic safety. I am not going to argue any further since it is a personal risk all of us take, when we mod our cars, and you can be pulled over for no reason with a bone stock car and get a ticket. You are right that the likelyhood increases with additional mods but I don't believe that a light replacement is dangerous to general public.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Austin713

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Wow... no need for arguments... the laws state that it must be amber when lit. Sooo pick up some stealth bulbs and call it a day.. thats what i did.

Stealth bulbs DIY
Old 06-08-2010, 05:48 PM
hufington

Originally Posted by Austin713
Wow... no need for arguments... the laws state that it must be amber when lit. Sooo pick up some stealth bulbs and call it a day.. thats what i did.

Stealth bulbs DIY
Makes sense
Old 06-08-2010, 06:06 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

hufinton,
I believe the OP and subsequent posters were referring to the amber side lights, and my post was addressing that issue. I don’t have any knowledge of your big, round parking lights.

And I said nothing about driving intoxicated. I said “too many beers” which may be enough to get you in trouble, as unfair as that can be. Many of us have gone out for the evening and had something to drink along the way. Although not intoxicated, getting pulled over in that environment is not something you want to happen. I agree with you that the police can be quite subjective in their reasons for pulling a driver over. My point is that drivers should not make it easy for them with visual clues like illegal side lights, especially in a performance car like a G37. Why wave a bright flag at them? We’ve all read posts where the driver was pulled over for one thing and got nailed for another.

As I said before, I don’t know how much amber side lights contribute to safety. That’s not the point here. Again, the point is whether it is foolish or not to install a mod like this that serves no purpose other than to put spotlight on a car that increases the chances of being pulled over that can lead to more trouble.

I for one have done many stupid things in my life. But I’ve never did such things on purpose.

Quick Reply: 2010 Sedan Headlight Amber Bulbs