Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

2010 Sedan Headlight Amber Bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 05:40 PM
dare738

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by maxfinity
Are you talkin about the side markers in the front?
I'm talking about the parking lights right above the amber strips. DO you know what size bulbs they are?
Old 09-15-2010, 07:45 PM
hufington

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dare738
I'm talking about the parking lights right above the amber strips. DO you know what size bulbs they are?

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026"/> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapelayout v:ext="edit"> <o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1"/> </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->Front Side marker lights are 2827 (194) as far as I know.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:47 AM
maxfinity

Originally Posted by dare738

I replaced them with the 25 Led 194 bulb. Fits Perfectly
Old 09-16-2010, 04:26 PM
TONY37X

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by hufington
Front Side marker lights are 2827 (194) as far as I know.
Correct*
Old 09-16-2010, 11:00 PM
enforcer

Anyone replaced the rear signals? If yes, does anyone have pics?
Old 12-30-2010, 07:37 PM
ipl

I installed the LED switch back bulbs but i didnt buy them from v-leds. I had a previous experience with them so I decided to go with the ones from autolumination, And unlike the Switch Backs mentioned above when my lights are on and I turn on the turn signal the led alternates between white and amber. Also my turn signal bulbs don't seem to be as dim as the bulbls in the picure above. Either way, these lights look sick at night. I love them and and I get lots of compliments. I also recommend changing the tag lights to Led as well. Gives the car a more luxurious look. Here are some pics. Dont have any of the amber but ill take some later and post.

1. Did you order the
7443 LED Combination Amber and White LED Tower Bulbs Two Colors - One Bulb
60 Led SMT Tower
Measures 3/4" (20mm diameter x 2-5/1 6 " overall height)

from
autolumination.com -Tail Light Brake Light Turn Signal LED Bulbs?

2. If so, which choice of bulb color? It gives you the choice between "White-Amber AO OR White-Amber AW"
What's the difference, and which one did you order? EDIT: found this which explains that http://autolumination.com/switchback.html

3. The bulb/brand that you used for the Front Sidemarkers (you said 194 25-LED), which specific one?

4. I will order 2 - 3ohm load resistors, and will be installing them in the rear turn signal area. (Did this previously on my 06 sedan) This should prevent hyper-blink for all 4 turn signals?

5. This should give me front led parking lights in amber? or white? and then turn signal in white? amber? which is the order? (for the front of course)

Before I order the parts, I want to get it 100% correct. thanks for help!

Last edited by ipl; 12-30-2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:18 PM
dkmura
Registered Member

Received 80 Likes on 69 Posts
Another factor to consider in the amber light law controversy is police impersonators. Here in Colorado, we've had several incidents where perps using flashing red/white lights pulled over female drivers. After flashing a phony badge, the women were sexually assaulted. And while I realize this thread isn't to do any mods remotely resembling this, it's another factor to consider why some states enforce this strictly.

I agree with Chekov's perspective in not giving law enforcement ANY reason to pull you over.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:20 AM
maxfinity

Originally Posted by ipl
1. Did you order the
7443 LED Combination Amber and White LED Tower Bulbs Two Colors - One Bulb
60 Led SMT Tower
Measures 3/4" (20mm diameter x 2-5/1 6 " overall height)

from
autolumination.com -Tail Light Brake Light Turn Signal LED Bulbs?

2. If so, which choice of bulb color? It gives you the choice between "White-Amber AO OR White-Amber AW"
What's the difference, and which one did you order? EDIT: found this which explains that Tail Lights LED Flashing

3. The bulb/brand that you used for the Front Sidemarkers (you said 194 25-LED), which specific one?

4. I will order 2 - 3ohm load resistors, and will be installing them in the rear turn signal area. (Did this previously on my 06 sedan) This should prevent hyper-blink for all 4 turn signals?

5. This should give me front led parking lights in amber? or white? and then turn signal in white? amber? which is the order? (for the front of course)

Before I order the parts, I want to get it 100% correct. thanks for help!

1. Yes those are the bulbs i ordered

2. I chose the amber/white. Seems more noticable to me then the amber/off combo

3. 25 Led SMT Tower III 194 168 W5W 2825
(Super White)

4. Only use the 3ohm if both your front and rear turn signals are led. But
if so then yeah it will stop hyper blink for all four signals. Btw if you do
have Led turn signals in the rear what bulb did you use?

5. You will have front parking lights in white and turn signals in amber.

Hope that answers all of your questions and feel free ask anything else that may come to mind.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:30 AM
ipl

Btw if you do
have Led turn signals in the rear what bulb did you use?
I ordered them early 2007, (older led's) and at the time, the best bulb was a white "57-LED 3157 (7440) bulb". They no longer carry it with that many led's, but they worked for the 3 1/2 years they were installed, on resistors just fine. I had tried 2 or 3 different led bulbs and all were just too dim, but this one did the trick. I'd say just grab some nice newer smt one's online. I ordered a few sets of each type off ebay for cheap to try out.

I left the front turn signals alone after I damaged the car. I tried installing resistors on the front, and the ohms were not balanced correctly i assume, so it ended up blowing the electronic control "unit" infiniti said... they replaced it early 2007 for no charge, since the car was brand new.

I now own a new 2011 sport sedan to add a new round of lights to, so I will post some pics when its good to go.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:15 AM
maxfinity

Originally Posted by ipl
I ordered them early 2007, (older led's) and at the time, the best bulb was a white "57-LED 3157 (7440) bulb". They no longer carry it with that many led's, but they worked for the 3 1/2 years they were installed, on resistors just fine. I had tried 2 or 3 different led bulbs and all were just too dim, but this one did the trick. I'd say just grab some nice newer smt one's online. I ordered a few sets of each type off ebay for cheap to try out.

I left the front turn signals alone after I damaged the car. I tried installing resistors on the front, and the ohms were not balanced correctly i assume, so it ended up blowing the electronic control "unit" infiniti said... they replaced it early 2007 for no charge, since the car was brand new.

I now own a new 2011 sport sedan to add a new round of lights to, so I will post some pics when its good to go.
I have the 120 led bulbs in the rear and though they are visible their not as visible as the halogen bulbs. They seem really dim during the daytime. I guess ill have to go through the whole trial and error process to find the proper bulbs for our housings. Btw congrats on the new car.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:04 PM
caliz007

NIce i got everything for my 2010 G37 Sedan... cant wait now
Old 03-21-2011, 06:47 PM
maxfinity

Update... I just replaced my rear turn signal bulbs with these( V-Leds 7w High Powered). These bulbs are just as bright if not brighter than stock.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:39 PM
Brooklynstar23

Will these be drop in replacements for the fog lights on a 2011 G37x?

96 SMD HID Xenon White H11 H8 H9 LED Driving Lamps Fog Lights Bulbs
Old 03-22-2011, 01:39 PM
caliz007

Update... I just replaced my rear turn signal bulbs with these( V-Leds 7w High Powered). These bulbs are just as bright if not brighter than stock.

Yoo MAX u should pass by my dealer some day... im here in MIA
Old 03-23-2011, 01:45 AM
maxfinity

Originally Posted by caliz007
Yoo MAX u should pass by my dealer some day... im here in MIA
I sent you a Pm... Text me the info.

Quick Reply: 2010 Sedan Headlight Amber Bulbs