Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Review 6000K vs OEM HID with Pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 11:39 AM
dainjarouz
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by g37xs_pilot
Yep, perfect, thanks, found his thread and ordered the full chrome amber bulbs. Also did my fogs last night and went thru the top to do it (with 6K VLEDS, they showed up yesterday afternoon.) Pulled the intake boxes, very easy, just enough room, will do my blinkers that way too.
good to know you can go through the top for fogs/parking lights...not sure you can install your blinkers from the top though.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:00 PM
g37xs_pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ I have a sedan so the blinkers are right above the fogs (although a little farther forward) and I can just reach them too...and I have pretty fat hands, lol
Old 04-26-2011, 12:51 PM
mswistak14

I am doing all mine tonight and just going to remove the fender protectors because I am doing my parking lights, HID bulbs, installing dual switchbacks and also putting HID fogs in....the more room the easier it will be.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:48 PM
Gee37S

Be sure to post some pics!!
Old 04-26-2011, 10:22 PM
mswistak14

Okay....got them in and am very happy. A lot of frustration due to thinking it would be easy since I have done this on a few other cars (never had to find an alternate way to get to the lamps other than through the engine bay).

I got 6k D2S bulbs for the headlamp and then a H8 6k set for the fogs from Premium Quality HID Conversion Kit, HID Bulbs Replacement, HID Ballast, & other auto accessories parts FREE SHIPPING. Good quality product and free shipping is always a plus. A little pricier but I am glad I paid more. A lot better built HID sets than the others I have seen.

On top of getting my low beams and my fogs to match I also decided to go LED in the parking lamp and then a dual switchback (6K White/Amber) for the turn signals and all the necessary load resistors. I have done all my interior and back end lights by V-LEDS.COM | LED Dome, Map, License Plate, Reverse, DRL, Turn Signal, Brake Lights. I have never had an issue with them. Here we go...

Driver side I lifted up and too off the wheel. Used the infiniti tech service manual .pdf that I found somewhere online. Fender panel came out so easily and I had no problem getting at any bulb. Oddly the city light wouldn't turn on so I pulled it out and noticed that they came out when they weren't seated so deep inside the socket. Put them back in, back fastened fine, on to the HID bulb. I figured out the two retaining clips. The trick is to basically squeeze both of them towards the center of the bulb then pull backwards to get the clip to come loose from the edge and swivel freely. Changed that bulb, good, on to the switchback. Used the clips to wire the resistor between the TWO GREEN WIRES not the white one. Test the blinker, it normally is lit up white but switches amber when the turn signal is on. No hyper flash. Fender protector, wheel back on. Time for passenger side.

<------ All I need to say about the amount of space on the passenger side. Seemed like a completely different car. Got the parking light and HID fine but then the blinker decided it wanted to fall out of the socket and into the headlight housing!!! I was sweating my a$$ off trying to jimmy rig anything I could to stick in there to grab the bulb and pull it out of that impossibly angled hole on that side. My level of frustration is through the roof and I just decide to put the wheel back on and drop the nose and take the lamp out, only way!!!

Hindsight is 20/20 and I should have just went through the nose from the get-go. That was seriously so much easier. Luckily once I got the headlight out I was just able to tilt the bulb and get it out. Wired it back up and even with the load resistor of course God wants to mess with me and make a hyperflash. Trouble shot for 20 mins then got so livid that I just walked over to the driver side and ripped the resistor out and am going to deal with a matching hyperflash until I have the patience to get back in there.

Put everything back together, still should have just taken the nose off first and taken the lights out. Especially since there was realistically no way to to set the bulbs and ballast for the fogs on the passenger side without taking the nose off.

This first pic shows the difference right after I swapped out my driver side which I think shows the temp of the light best.
Name:  4300vs6000.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  91.0 KB

This pic shows how it looked when complete (didn't put my front plate back on yet because I gave it a little crunch when trying to get it loose to take off the nose. Unfortunately my phone makes the fogs look like they are a different temp but they aren't. I was able to capture the flash though on the driver side so you can see the comparison (I read a few places that people were concerned with the amber switchback brightness but I can assure you it looks great and is bright. I will have to get some dark shots later.
Name:  driversignal.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  78.0 KB
Old 04-28-2011, 09:56 AM
da boss

HID fogs ftw. Huge difference in visibility when compared to halogen bulbs
Old 04-29-2011, 05:45 AM
maxfinity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah my Fogs light up alot more now that they are HID
Old 05-05-2011, 04:18 AM